The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Eugene Burger Presents - Exploring Magical Presentation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
http://www.llpub.com/

Looks good, can't wait for this. I always get anything from Eugene.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Ah, thanks for spotting that. I had no idea. My wife will not be happy. . .
What would Wavy do?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Brilliant!! Also the long awaited Paul Wilson set!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
This might be real must have set. Sadly the trick he does on the demo doesn't use the presentation he used in it on the lecture few years back. The way he does it on the demo is boring and basic. At lecture it was engaging, thought provoking and in every way superior to the one in the demo. However it might be the case that he shows the other version on the dvd as well as an example how to make it much stronger.

J-M
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah it is a demo after all, not a full performance most likely as he would show it live. Did he use a mirage or Svengali deck for that effect to prove his point?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 16:19, korttihai_82 wrote:
This might be real must have set. Sadly the trick he does on the demo doesn't use the presentation he used in it on the lecture few years back. The way he does it on the demo is boring and basic. At lecture it was engaging, thought provoking and in every way superior to the one in the demo. However it might be the case that he shows the other version on the dvd as well as an example how to make it much stronger.

J-M

I believe this to be the case.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 16:19, korttihai_82 wrote:

J-M

Yes, I believe that is the point. To show two different presentations, a very standard one, and a thoroughly thought out one. Very much looking forward to this.
What would Wavy do?
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
According to the description, he shows EIGHT different presentations of the Black Envelope--:)!!
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Aw shoot -- I just finished the first draft of a book that was working with the same basic premise (not this black envelope thing, but doing multiple presentations of the same trick). At least I can take some comfort in knowing I had a good idea on my hands.

Looking forward to seeing this.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Glad some magicians are smart enough to see through a seemingly bad demo...Although they lose money from the less smarter ones who assume this is the as good as the video gets. It covers the more important elements of magic theory and their applications.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
There's nothing to "see past". At the beginning of the demo, Eugene clearly talks about the difference between presenting magic as a stunt as opposed to something truly magical. Then the title appears on the screen, "The Black Envelope: A Stunt". Which means it is supposed to be an uninteresting presentation of the effect. Basically, an example of what not to do.

I'm sorry but how could anyone miss that. It's as clear as day as it's written on the screen.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 07:44, Cameron Francis wrote:
There's nothing to "see past". At the beginning of the demo, Eugene clearly talks about the difference between presenting magic as a stunt as opposed to something truly magical. Then the title appears on the screen, "The Black Envelope: A Stunt". Which means it is supposed to be an uninteresting presentation of the effect. Basically, an example of what not to do.

I'm sorry but how could anyone miss that. It's as clear as day as it's written on the screen.

Easily with low resolution monitor, 4 am at the night when your sleepy Smile
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
Is this the Bob Kohler Black Envelope he is talking about??????
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Touche, korttihai_82 Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
It is not the Kohler Envelope trick.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
The trick in the demo - where can I get it from? It looks so clean.... drool..
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
Um, Burger's DVD. Smile
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Lol..i mean is there any other sources..this is the famed black envelope right?

(forgive me its a s l o w day)
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
No, its not what you're thinking, its a much older idea.

:clown:
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 07:44, Cameron Francis wrote:

OH darn, I was getting popcorn at that time. (seriously)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Eugene Burger Presents - Exploring Magical Presentation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL