The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » R. Paul Wilson's Extreme Possibilities 4 DVD's (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
L&L has released this set. I'm a HUGE Paul Wilson fan, so I'm excited about this release!!!

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2478

A collection of killer material from one of magic’s most creative minds. These brand-new DVDs feature some of Paul’s favorite close-up effects and stand-up routines. R. Paul Wilson’s classical approach combines old and new methods to produce incredible magic for every situation and for every level of skill, from beginner to expert.
Volume 1
ConCam Rendezvous – A shuffled deck and a prediction is all you need to perform this baffling effect.
Julie’s Number – The spectator removes any four number cards. These are reversed in four different parts of the deck. With a snap of the fingers they transform into the four Queens!
Zulu Sandwich – Three selections appear, one at a time, between two cards. A baffling production.
Fl-Ash – Paul’s application of a wonderful Michael Sibbernson idea combined with one of the finest card tricks ever invented.
Less Is More – The performer causes the Queens to repeatedly come to the top of the deck before finally changing to Aces.
Challenge Aces – A simple method is transformed into a stunning effect thanks to Paul’s commercial presentation. This has been in Paul’s repertoire for twenty years.
Gone Wishin’ – Three coins appear, vanish then reappear inside a previously empty coin purse. A bold method for a powerful effect.
ConCam Ring On Stick – Paul’s famous visual ring routine. Pure magic for the eyes!
ConCam Monte – Paul’s brilliant underground version of the classic Dutch Looper. (Performance Only)

Volume 2
Tantalizer Too – A Royal Road classic is given a killer twist.
Justify Me – A Collectors routine with a difference. Three selections trapped between four Jacks disappear and reappear amongst the Aces.
Thinking It Over – A thoroughly baffling version of the Cards Across plot. A thought-of card vanishes from one packet and appears in the other.
Thief Of Hearts – Paul’s Valentine card trick, perfect for couples.
Matching The Cards – Paul’s favourite card trick – a Dai Vernon classic, included at Louis Falanga’s request.
Wilson’s Aces – Paul’s magician-fooling version of the classic Ace assembly.
Far Too Many Cards – A simple, entertaining effect for any occasion.
A New Wave – Three coins appear, vanish and reappear without the need for expensive gaffs.
Motel History – Paul’s unique approach to the “Hotel Mystery.” Simple and direct.
Ricochet – Paul’s famous version of the Reset plot. (Performance Only)
Spectrum – Paul’s powerful color-changing deck routine. (Performance Only)

Volume 3
Confabulous – Paul’s simple, offbeat version of Confabulation.
Tipless – One of Paul’s favorite stand-up effects. A vanishing silk that even fools magicians!
3 Through – Three coins pass through the table one at a time.
Popper Bound – Part of Paul’s professional repertoire. A coin routine your audience will love.
Jazz Two Step – Paul’s excellent version of Peter Kane’s Jazz Aces.
Left Turn On Cactus – Four spectators locate the four Aces. Not for beginners!
8 Card BW+2 – Paul’s method for a Nick Trost classic.
Wilson All Backs – A misprinted deck of cards is magically repaired. (Performance Only)
Devilish Princess – A powerful transposition effect with a mentally-selected card.
Predator – A prediction with a twist. (Performance Only)

Volume 4
1002.5 Aces – A four-Ace assembly for when the time is right…
Written Wrongs – A sealed prediction is completely wrong – or is it?
Wild With The Ladies – Paul’s impromptu Wild Card routine – pure magic.
DDT Open Prediction – A simple, direct version of the Paul Curry masterpiece.
SVAR – A coin melts away then reappears at your fingertips.
The Mystery Of The Little Piece Of Cork – Paul’s wonderful version of Ramsay’s effect using props you can make yourself. A lesson in coin magic.
Bottoms Up – “Apparently” demonstrate the perfect Bottom Deal.
Ring On Silk – Quick, easy and effective. A simple stunner.
Paul Plays Poker – A demonstration of Paul’s remarkable cheating skills. (Performance Only)
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
No demo video as of yet?

I bet it will be a goody.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
My only problem with these type of sets is that it seems to me like they are dividing effects up with the sole purpose of a larger dvd set. I honestly feel like the number of effects listed could have been condensed into a 3 dvd set and had about 30 dollars knocked off of the price. I REALLY would have liked to have seen a few recently released sets made into book form by L and L. A Paul Wilson book would have rocked.

Please don't get me wrong, I am a big Paul Wilson fan and will ultimately buy this.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Here is the link to the demo

http://www.llpub.com
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Paul rules. I can't wait to get this set.
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 23:14, Donny Orbit wrote:
My only problem with these type of sets is that it seems to me like they are dividing effects up with the sole purpose of a larger dvd set. I honestly feel like the number of effects listed could have been condensed into a 3 dvd set and had about 30 dollars knocked off of the price.

I completely disagree. How can anyone complain about value for money in regard to a set like this? I think you're way off the beam here.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
I'll get it just for the girl to his left!!! She is in Steve Dacri's videos, and man is she gorgeous!!! Janette is a beatiful woman as well. The set sounds nice, but a bit much. I guess one volume at a time should be sufficient for me.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I wasn't really trying to complain about value vs. money, but I am sure that is what it sounded like. I just think that this could have been condensed to a 3 dvd set like most of the others with no problem. I have watched a 3 dvd set and wondered why it wasn't on 2 discs also.
do magic

www.8bom.net
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Next time, compress all effects on one DVD, just play the video very fast...
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Alright, before this thread gets out of hand based on an opinion of mine, I am bowing out of future postings about this set so it does not detract from the actual topic.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Pity to see that the terrible home-made looking graphics and video titles that have plagued L+L releases for the past couple of years have returned.

- They have fantastic print promo material, why they changed to those silly DVD title screens that look like something out of a home DVD burning software package I'll never know.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
This set is a must have.
As for Christopher am also a HUGE R. Paul Wison fan.
L&L has truly kicked of 2008 with flying colors. I can't wait and see what more they will give us during the next comming months of this year.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Both demo effects are nice, and I agree.....Must have.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 23:14, Donny Orbit wrote:
My only problem with these type of sets is that it seems to me like they are dividing effects up with the sole purpose of a larger dvd set. I honestly feel like the number of effects listed could have been condensed into a 3 dvd set and had about 30 dollars knocked off of the price.

The recent Bill Malone set has fewer items on each DVD than this set. In fact if the 100 or so magic DVDs I have are any indication this set has more tricks per DVD than most.

Your suggestion that they put even MORE on each DVD is a good idea though... He could have done so, and he probably could have put them all on two DVDS and sold the set for thirty bucks. Or he could just upload the whole thing to Bit Torrent.
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Danny Orbit,
Darwin Ortiz DVDs has fewer tricks in each DVD, but the run time goes to 2 hours. Smile Detailed explanation is sure nice. Smile

Anyways, I consider R. Paul Wilson one of my teachers even though I never met him. His Royal Road DVD set was my first DVD set, loved it.

~ Feras
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Volume 3 sounds great...
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I have some of Paul Wilson's lecture notes that he sells, or used to sell, on his website. I also have a couple of his individual trick manuscripts and there are a few tricks that were in the notes that are also on the videos. Of the tricks from the notes "A New Wave" a three coin vanish and recovery trick it very neat. I really like that trick and use the sequesnce for a couple of different things. His coins through table "3 Through" I am interested in seeing. It reads like a nice trick but it also reads like it would be impossible to pull off. If anybody that has the set could review that one inparticular, mostly how does the first phase look. I have read tipless and it has some unique, at least to me, uses and moves with a thumbtip. I "Gone Wishin" is nice but his coins to purse from Knock 'em Dead is better, in my opinion. The other ones from his notes "Thinking it Over", "Thief of Hearts", "8 Card BW+2", "1002.5 Aces" and "Bottoms Up" didn't catch my fancy when I read though them a few years ago. As for his ring on stick I bought that as an individual manuscript and really like it, it does take a ellis ring but those aren't too expensive. And if the ring on the silk is what I think it is is also uses an ellis ring and is also included in the ring on stick manuscript. I think that trick on his website is called "One True Ring" and is worth a look if you are into rings on sticks.

So my review, coming from a guy that doesn't have the videos but does have a lot of the notes which have a few of these tricks in them I would suggest looking to see if Paul Wilson still sells the notes and getting a list of tricks in then and seeing if those would be more to your liking, both in amount or material and in price. But I also really like Paul Wilson's stuff and haven't been dissapointed with anything I have gotten from his website. I also don't really like getting videos of magicians after I have read, and liked, a bit of there stuff. I always seem dissapointed with how they actually do the trick or with their performance style.
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
The effects are absolutely influential in persuading me to put money into the R. Paul Wilson's DVD set. I like Devilish Princess, a powerful transposition effect with a mentally-selected card.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Just remember, people didn't realise how good the Talk about Tricks would be until they saw the DVD set released in 2007. Just because they might not read good or something in Pauls notes to people, I think the DVDs might have you think differently
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Absolutely getting this set. Huge fan of my fellow Scotsman.

--Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » R. Paul Wilson's Extreme Possibilities 4 DVD's (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL