The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Real magic or incredible luck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4070 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I was out last night doing magic at a bar, I was doing a card effect for a nice young lady (or so I thought). I asked her to replace it in the middle & she shoved the card back in the deck in the bottom half & squared it.

She gave me a smart alec look & I just smiled back. I kind of estimated where the card was & started shuffling & cutting, I removed one card from the deck & placed it in her hand. I asked what card she had selected & she told me it was the 3 of diamonds.

Guess what the card in her hand was? Smile

I was as shocked as she was, but I played it cool.

The magic gods were smiling upon Ichazod last night
Smile

Smile
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Ichazod,
Yes no doubt, the Magic god was looking out for you last night. While cards are not my specialty but rather stage shows, I had something similar happen last week at a party. I was asked to perform a closeup show and brought cards along as I know a few effects.

Gasp! both routines I did the spectators had chosen the same card! (They weren't forced) I did the same thing as you.. played it cool as if I meant for that to happen. Yes, the Magic god does exist and sometimes favors us.. and allows us to perform "Real Magic".

The most amazing thing is that I found out Magic god has the same address as me!! So if you ever feel you need to pay homage to this humble figure you can send monies in care of me... I shall see that is it passed along!!! Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4070 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Smile Here's my first donation Smile

Smile
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I'm a happy camper now! Thank You! You realize that American money compared to Canadian is worth zillions more? I shall make sure the "Magic god" keeps this in a safe place and continues to bestow his/her favors on others. Smile
Jon Raiker
View Profile
New user
Florida
70 Posts

Profile of Jon Raiker
Smile Here's my donation.

Jon
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
C'mon folks...we don't want Chrystal to think we Americans are cheapskates!

Smile Smile

(We may *be* cheap, but we don't want her to think so!)
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
HAAAA!!
Okay I'm smiling now!
I mean "ahem" will make sure "Magic god" continues to smile apon those that pay homage to this worthy endevor. Thank You! Smile
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Smile Smile Smile Figured I'd best pay up.

Chris
magicpatrick
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicpatrick
I had the same experience:

A spectator chose a card and returned it to the deck. He asked if he could shuffle the deck, I agreed. When he stopped; I knew he shuffled his chosen card to the top, but he didn`t know that. I said: "Which card did you choose: Ace of Spades? Ok, turn over the top card of the deck, you shuffled........"

He went crazy!!!!
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
Again, but slightly different. I fanned the cards, and told a spectator to take any one he wanted, slowly. He started to take out the card and I blurted out, "no, not that one; it's the 3 of spades" (as a joke). He turned it over and it was! Smile
Myndbender
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Myndbender
My girlfriend and I were hanging out at my friend's magic shop in this flea market and we were both playing with a deck of cards each. I assume she was a little bored when she took a random card and laid it face down on the table and asked me what it was! This feeling came over me and all I did was start a charlier and pull a card out of the middle of my deck. They matched!!! No tricks, just pure real magic! She flipped out!

We were still talking about it when one of the regular mall rats there walked up and overheard us talking about it and said do it again if it was real. So we repeated the procedure, only this time, the kid picked out a card. When I did the one handed cut pullout thing the second time... IT MATCHED AGAIN!!! I was as floored as both of them. I know real magic exists but this was definitely an awsome display. Here's my donation!!

:spinningcoin: spinningcoin: spinningcoin:
If you perform magic,dont do it half baked.
It MUST be Well Done!
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
I just have to say that this site rocks!!!
I would like to submit a story, (not my own) but by a fellow magi... hope he doesn't mind.

To make a long story short... they applauded... maybe I should back up a tad. My friend was performing card on ceiling and as he threw the banded deck of cards up in the air, he was throwing it unto one of those ceiling that have rectangular panels that you can push up on and look in the ceiling. Well, as he threw the deck up, it hit just so, that the signed card stuck to the panel but the rest of the deck WENT INTO THE CEILING! The deck disappeared,leaving just the signed card WOW!!! He has tried to duplicate this magnificent feat again, but has failed.
Derek Johnston
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
Do you take donuts? Smile Smile Smile
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
I did a one ahead test where the spectator takes 3 cards one at a time which go face down. Each time I'm asking to pick specific cards, which when turned over at the end all match.

Well the time that was pure luck and will probably never happen again was when he pulled 3 aces in a row; his face was pure amazement, just as mine was but like ichazod I played it cool Smile
jmm1303
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
49 Posts

Profile of jmm1303
Paying up... Smile Smile Smile Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Ok... Here's my tale...
Two nights ago I was working the Kankakee County Fair in scenic Kankakee IL. Just walking around doing cards and coins for the sheer experience.

So I'm in the middle of doing a trick for this young couple. The girl puts her card back into the center of the deck and I shuffle a bit and then I try to pull off a decent one-handed fan (give me a break, I'm still new). Needless to say I somewhat fumble the fan and a card falls out and land like a snowflake into the upturned cuff of her boyfriend's jeans and thanks to the magic gods, it was the card she chose!

They were so amazed that I made it land in his pants cuffs and started looking for the string! Man, I'd give anything to be able to do that twice.

So, to the gods I give forth a freash pack of red-back bikes...
Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Awesome stories and lots of fun to read. Thanks for sharing everyone! Smile
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Maestro
This one isn't as maginificent as some others, but oh well.

I was over at a friends house really late at night, and we were just upstairs fooling around with a deck of cards. I had done a few card tricks for him, including the spelling trick, where you deal out one letter for each card. So, what are the odds, we though, of this working without any "outside interfearence." So we just thought of a random card, and began dealing down through the pack, and needless to say, the deal ended right on the card we picked. The scary thing was we tried it again with a different card right after that, and it worked again. Smile

Unfortunatly it stopped working after that, but it was pretty freaky after the second deal.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I usually use rocket balloons when doing outside engagements. I'll send one soaring and reward the child that brings it back with a prize (sticker, pencil or novelty) and I get to reuse the rocket balloons. The Balloons often end up on top of buildings, in trees or other strange places and I get out a fresh one to continue the fun. At one recent engagement, right after explaining the prize process to the kids I set the balloon free, it soared up out circled and RETURNED to me running out of air just as I reached out and caught it. This does happen occasionally so I simply took a bow and reinflated it and set it free once again. To my surprise (and everyone's amazement) It went up, over circled the bouncing castle and again RETURNED to my waiting hands just as it expelled its last bit of air. Without missing a beat, I passed out "prizes" to all of the participants.

My Donation Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Speaking of coincidence...I was doing magicians insurance on the weekend and after the card was returned to the deck and thoroughly shuffled by me and 2 spectators, I am supposed to turn over the top card and its wrong but I turned it over and said "This is your card..right"

They nearly fainted, and that's when I looked down and realized it WAS! Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Real magic or incredible luck? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL