The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Need Help Identifying An Effect Using Jumbo Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Albers
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Al Albers
I picked up a card trick that came with no instructions; it is from the estate of a magician who passed away two years ago.

The deck is a jumbo pop-eyed popper deck, but what is throwing me off track is that on the back of all the "roughed" cards there is a large red X (it goes from corner to corner). Does anyone know what the name of this trick is and if so do you have instructions? If you need to see the cards, email me privately (af72ma@verizon.net) and I'll send you a picture. I appreciate the help.

Al
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
If the magician was also into mental stuff it could be Pop Eyed Popper deck gaffed for Larry becker's routine "X-Rated Stuff" from "Stunners" (p. 341).

Basically the spectator thinks of the only card that turns out to be marked. For Larry's other handling bits and ideas you'd have to seek out the book.

Paul.
Al Albers
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Al Albers
Paul:

Thanks for the lead. I don't own that book, but I will definitely follow up with some of the local mentalists here in my neck of the woods.

Al
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Need Help Identifying An Effect Using Jumbo Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL