The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Eric Paul Courses (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7396 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I will also toss out the thought, that even if you don't like a particular "style" of selling (don't want to use it personally), you can still learn lots from a person applying it in a masterful way. To learn or not to learn, is your choice.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Here is how Eric changed my life:

I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment, on drugs, I was drunk, my dog had just died, and my wife had just left me. Then I bought Eric Paul's course. The next day, everything changed, and I made six figures in the next 30 days by just doing the shows I wanted. Thanks, Eric.

Okay, it's a joke, but you should click below to listen to a couple of funny audio testimonials I gave Eric...
http://tinyurl.com/2cyeoa

Scroll 3/4 of the way down and you can also hear my comments about Eric's "coaching". : )
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7396 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
That's too funny! Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Eric Paul
View Profile
New user
Phoenixville, PA
66 Posts

Profile of Eric Paul
Hey Tim,

I thought you'd geta kick out of me posting them. The Little League one is even funnier!

Thanks,

EP
Eric Paul
"Dedicated to Bringing Your Magic to the PAYING Public!"
Web: http://www.MoreMoneyWithMagic.com
Blog: http://moremoneywithmagic.com/blog
Members ONLY Site: http://www.Magic-Mastermind.com
<
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I did get a kick out of it. I didn't even notice them until yesterday.

My wife heard them, and she even still thinks I'm funny, and that's a good thing.
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
mrmagic9112
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of mrmagic9112
In response to Mr. Doyle's comment regarding my last post, I am new to the Café and I am still checking this out. I agree with Eric in the fact there is a lot of critical sarcasism towards other magicians and I too hate to post anything. I am not a full time performer. However I have been performing for nearly 30 years as a part timer and all I can say is that Eric is the real deal. I have talked with him over the phone and his suggestions and his courses have really helped me increase my business.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20040 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 09:30, mrmagic9112 wrote:
In response to Mr. Doyle's comment regarding my last post, I am new to the Café and I am still checking this out. I agree with Eric in the fact there is a lot of critical sarcasism towards other magicians and I too hate to post anything. I am not a full time performer. However I have been performing for nearly 30 years as a part timer and all I can say is that Eric is the real deal. I have talked with him over the phone and his suggestions and his courses have really helped me increase my business.

You completly miss Mr. Doyle's point so let me spell it out for you.

I was pointing out that a member with under 50 posts who gives no information about who they are who puts up a ringing endorcement of something from a member with under 50 posts he is selling is less than steller endorcement.

Deano, Donald, or any poster we are familiar with who makes a recomendation about something, we know who they are, we know how their tastes run, we can give weight, good or bad, to what it is they post. We can look at Deano and his record and weigh that with what he has said and have a history.

You we have nothing to weigh it with now do we? You may very well be the busiest guy on the planet, but how would we ever know that?

My point is not about you personally, it is about not having information or history which we can take into consideration. For all we know you are working for or with or whatever the thing you are posting about. I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE, I am pointing out reality to you is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mrmagic9112
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of mrmagic9112
Mr. Doyle,Thanks for that clarification. That isn't the way I percieved it but I appreciate your clarification of that. Like I stated I am new to the Café, so no, I don't have a lot of posts and yes, I see your point too. No hard feelings or anything. I was just responding to the original post made and sharing my thoughts on Eric's courses and that they worked for me and I continue to use that information. Thank's again for your clarification.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-03-29 00:59, Tim Hannig wrote:
Here is how Eric changed my life:

I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment, on drugs, I was drunk, my dog had just died, and my wife had just left me. Then I bought Eric Paul's course. The next day, everything changed, and I made six figures in the next 30 days by just doing the shows I wanted...

I think those are the lyrics to a Roger Miller tune.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
302 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
I'm interested in getting one or two Eric Paul's programs,
but I can't find them ANYWHERE.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Eric passed away and his materials were tied up with his estate, to the point that no one else was able to purchase them with the intent to market them again, which is too bad. Eric had a very young family and it is really sad that some of his materials could not have been reissued to provide some $$$$ to the family.

Brad Ross did purchase the rights to the DVDs of Eric's last super Conference and sells those, which for the folks that attended that conference was much appreciated. Eric passed away about 6 weeks later.

You can always post on some of the magic sale sites as a WTB (want to buy)I have seen some of his materials up on occasion.

As a suggestion there are a lot of Eric's videos, including some marketing ones, up on the various sites ie. Youtube, Vimeo and others you may want to check out.

Blair
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Hey Blair,

For starters let me say that I was sad when Eric passed away. I felt bad for him and his family.

I actually bought a lot of stuff from Eric, which I'm sure he appreciated.

While I no longer have any of Eric's products, I seem to recall that some of his marketing relied heavily upon mailings. (Folks may have to cut me a break on this one, as my memory is a little fuzzy on that.)

Given that, do you now feel that a lot of what Eric was selling is now dated?

I'm just asking.

Thanks,

Gerry
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I have never been a fan of the long form sales letter which Kennedy (and the magic guys Dee and Paul) used. Although my reason is I would have to do it here (Montreal, Canada) in both French and English, even if the person it was sent to was English as they may pass it on and the next person could be French and vice versa. So double the size, translation required and just more complicated to manage.

I also don't use postcard mailings (another favourite) here as the postage rates make them a less attractive choice than the sealed envelope ie. for a slightly oversize postcard you pay more than the same size sealed envelope filled with a card, letter and flyer etc. It's over the $1 just to mail a postcard slightly oversize. There is no big saving here in Canada as there is with bulk mailing postcards in the U.S.

Although many big international companies do still use long form letters in their mailing, I have to assume they work and bring results or they would not use them.

That being said I am still a fan of hard copy, direct mail marketing, as a very proactive way to sell your business/services. Again it's about your list.

So, yes, I do believe much of Eric's material is still of value today.

Blair
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9769 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I was a fan for Eric's work and enjoyed some of his "take action" proactive approach. Eric wasn't afraid to use the phone and as mentioned much of his approach was based on the Kennedy,Dee mailing approach.

I do think Eric's stuff is becoming somewhat dated as technology and business evolves. Now with that said, that does not mean they can't be effective still today. Many traditional and long-time proven methods still work well today and will well into the future. I do believe if Eric was still with us his marketing would have evolved to be more e-mail based and likely incorporating social media as well at least to some extent. Business personality was much of Eric's approach and business so I don't think he'd have ever gone completely to the current "hands-off" or "put your marketing on auto-pilot" approach.

I can also tell you that we would have likely been involved in a project(s) together which I think would've benefitted many.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Eric Paul Courses (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL