The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is It a Scam? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
I've seen these sites around for a while, but now that I saw NBC reporting these sites as not being scams, I start to wonder should I sign up for it? My friend referred me to it and I am skeptical..

Here is the thing on NBC: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FS28cciTGHo

Here's the site:
http://gifts.freepay.com/?r=42293779

Is this another scam?

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Yes - this is a multilevel or matrix style program. They usually require you to:

a) provide your personal details so that they can spam you or commit identity fraud.
b) sign up a certain number of friends to the program who also get swindled.
c) 'trial' certain 'free' products such as credit cards which are very hard to cancel and get rid of.
d) provide your credit card details for shipping and handling which they then use.
e) Get to the top of a pyrimid by signing up others. It is almost impossible to do so.

Even if the system is not 'illegal' its still dodgy and the chances of you getting your gift are slim to none. You will also be bombarded with advertising material for the rest of your life.

Click on the Encyclopedia of Scams below to find out more.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
If it seems too good to be true...
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
It's a trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(You will have to visualize the funny looking space dude with a fish face from Star Wars)
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
It'll be cheaper in the long run to just go out and purchase what you want. Free is never really free especialy on the Internet and TV.
Read the "Terms and Conditions".
Do you really want to expose your Friends to more spam? Good way to get people angry at you.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is It a Scam? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL