The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Interlace (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
FeiFongWong
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of FeiFongWong
Uuuh. This is driving me up the wall. The gimmick's installed, I've got a nice routine to go with it - I have just one small problem, and I was hoping some of you guys could help me out a bit.

Without revealing too much, my problem is getting the ring onto the gimmick. The DVD gave several suggestions, but none are really adequate, in my opinion. The best it seems is the "Behind the Back - No Palm" method, but it doesn't work with more chunky rings. I've been trying to think of nice methods to get this done, but it's like a problem that doesn't want to be solved.

Does anyone perform this routine? Do you have any ideas?

PM me if necessary...

Thanks
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5355 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hold the gimmick across the palm of your hand with the two working ends in sort of a pinch between the thumb and first two fingers. Take the ring and simply and openly place it into the “workings” as if you are simply transferring the ring from one hand to another. You are now set, the ring is on the necessary. I thought it was pretty clearly explained on the DVD.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Richard's DVD explains if fine. Practice with it and it will become second nature. One tip... if you stagger the ends a bit... one a tiny bit longer than the other you may find them eaiser to get into position...
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Mediocre is right... he fried us all at Dean's Shoppe with his handling. A great item and he does it well.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I try the ring on for size. I try to use some humour here especially if it is a ladies ring. While putting on the ring, the back of the hand faces the audience and inside my hand I am looking at the gimick while the ring goes down the finger onto the finger palmed gimick. Once it is looped make sure half or more of the ring is pinched and the remainder palmed, hand facing down.
If this is not clear PM me for clarification.

Eric
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
I use the method of trapping the gimmick on the inside and out side of my back pocket and I do a couple of ring on string moves then hand the string out for examination and then I act as if I am pulling my trousers up at the back but really your sliding it on the gimmick on then your on!!! The is so much misdirection when you hand the string out that you could literally just get it out of you pocket put it on the ring and your set!!

Don’t worry about this part of the effect because you have ample time to do it!!

Thanks, magico563:-)
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Hello all,

Different question, same effect. I just ordered Interlace from MJM but I was wondering. Can you borrow multiple rings, have then disappear one at a time and then have them all show up on your shoelace? I'm not trying to guess at the gimmick, just thought that might be a cool trick to perform at a table or as a finisher to a linking rings routine.

Thanks,
Mike
levitatingace
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of levitatingace
No, They could not vanish seperatly. However, you might be able to vanish two at once, although it would be a little knuckebusting and might be hard to make look clean.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Hummm interesting.

It would be easiest to vanish the rings using a special two ring hank - or better yet, Lynetta Welch's "no ring hank". If the rings are light enough, you could probably manage it... but why? Are two rings twice as amazing? I don't think so... twice as hard? yea, more risky too.

Believe me, this trick is plenty amazing with one ring.

www.RichHurleyMagic.com
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
I think one ring is enough. Anymore and I think the rings will "talk" to much when all the magic happens.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
You're probably right. I was just thinking that it might be fun at a table to borrow someones ring, vanish it, ask to borrow another ring and vanish that, and possibly borrow even a third and vanish it and then have all three rings on your shoelace. Not that it makes the magic any more powerful but that it involves more spectators that way. You could then move on from there to use the 3 rings in a linking rings routine or something.

I'm just starting out and trying to spark my creativity initially by adding to or modifying routines slightly with the hope that I can progress to creating my own routines at some point.

Anyway, should have the DVD early next week and I'm really looking forward to trying it out!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Theres always one on each shoe..
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

If you're looking for a creative twist,

You don't have to use a ring! It can be an ear ring, brass key, almost any small object that can be tied to a shoelace..

Put that in your creative pipe and smoke it!

www.RichHurleyMagic.com
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Well! That's a nice mediocre twist! Smile
Just kidding, I like your user name!

Mike
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
Quote:
On 2008-02-10 22:30, Mediocre the Great wrote:
If you're looking for a creative twist,

You don't have to use a ring! It can be an ear ring, brass key, almost any small object that can be tied to a shoelace..

Ya, but you better hope there is no metal in those "any small objects" or it could get a little messy. I would stick to the original routine it is perfect.

,Kenny
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
I like the gimmick etc...but the ring is ending up behind the tounge of my shoe. I've tried moving things around... Only thing I've thought of is using a thinner gimmick. Does anyone know who sells a heavy duty thin "you know what"? I bought some from a mechanics store, but they aren't nearly as strong as Sander's. PM me if you like.

Thanks.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Cane and Able,

There is a large selection of what your looking for at:
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/categories.asp. They will have everything you could ever hope to find.

Best
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

I had this problem to a minor degree, it's probably becuase the (***) needs adjusting a little lower. Making sure the shoe is tied tightly and the tounge is as flat as possible also helps. Do you put it inside or underneath? Inside is better, but not really necessary. I put mine under the sock.

I'm sure it's just an adustment. You can try changing out with a different size thing-a-magig, but Richard Sanders has put a lot of work into this... I don't think it would work as well if it was bigger or smaller... the strength and size seem to be perfect.

Are you using the little extra gizmo on top? That should improve the accuracy.

www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
I've tried mounting the ****in different positions...higher ,lower etc...

The construction of my dress shoes force me to mount it under the tounge, and not inside. I do mount it inside of the sock though. I also use the little extra gizmo on top with the same "bad" results. It's working 50% of the time correctly.

I know Richard put a lot of work into it...it just doesn't seem to suit my shoes with the size of *** provided.

Thanks for your help and I'll also check the website nonvpro provided.

Cane
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
It's all in the adjusting. When you adjust it right it will never miss.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Interlace (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL