The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Interlace (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
This must be very frustrating for you. Have a helper get down on the floor and look at it as your pants naturally hang. have that perosn verify EXACTLY where it's coming out. If it's adjusted to be on top of the knot, there's no way it's going to land up under the tounge. Keep adjusting, you'll get it.

As a final last resort, it might be worth trying it out with a different pair of shoes... After I got it all adjusted, it works all the time.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
I had the same problem so what I did was mount it inmy sock and got some double sided stivky tape and stuck the tounge of my shoe to my sock problem was solved hope this helps yopu out
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Dean Dill has a version wearing shorts.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Hi guys.

Please help me out here.

I bought Interlace a while back and looks like a great trick and all but the DVD did not play on my player and my P.C. I sent away for a replacement DVD which took at least a month to arrive (I live in South Africa), low and behold this one does not play either..........

I am so frustrated, has anyone else had this issue? It does not make sense because my player and P.C play all other DVDs and this DVD does not work on my systems and my friend’s ones. The DVD does not look scratched or anything like that.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Trying to keep calm Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
297 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I found that if you have your pants adjusted right then it works with most shoes, of similar style. I use a pair of casual dress shoes for formal, and a pair of puma running shoes for the rest of the time. Both pairs of shoes work in all the pants that have been interlaced, but it did take some fine tuning on where the gimmick and lace come together. Keep on working with it, as someone else suggested it just might take bringing in a helper to see where the ring lands exactly.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
297 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
Also something I found very helpful is look for shoes with softer tongues that way the lace, tongue, and gimmick lay as flat as possible with your foot. That could help if you continue to undershoot your mark. Or you could always go with the shorts presentation
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Makes me want to think of another method.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
This worked right out of the box for me...exactly the way Richard Sanders describes it. I have 2 pants and 2 pairs of shoes set up with no problem. Its a fantastic effect that I even used in a stand up show (banquet venue).

If its not working for you...its usually operator error. Richard Sanders describes everything in great detail...even what could go wrong. I never had a problem.

Rich B.
Keith Runion
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Keith Runion
Does anybody know if Richard is out of town touring I ordered from his site on 3-24-08 but have not heard back from him. I emailed him twice and PM on this site.
I know he is a great guy I and will get back to me when he can but I have a gig this weekend and wanted to try out EB and Interlace.

thanks,
Keith Runion
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Keith Runion
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/celebracadabra/series.jhtml

interlace is performed on celebracadabra check it out
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
297 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
Try using Mr. Sanders other product (anyring) along with it. I found that this method helps in those situations that you are surrounded, Or when you have found a heckler. If my memory serves me, he touched base on this in his dvd.
<BR>
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
The nice thing about using the hank is you can frame the effect for a larger audience. I use the ring hank along with Ring Finale with two volunteers. The first volunteer loans me the ring and “holds it under the hank”. On my other side is a volunteer that holds the Ring Finale Purse at their finger tips. As I stand in the middle I make gestures indicating that the ring is traveling from the hank to the purse. After the hank vanishes, everyone is expecting it to be in the Ring Finale Purse.... instead they find it's filled with gorgeous prop rings but not the borrowed ring. This is a wonderfully funny and suspenseful moment. I then reveal the ring to be on my shoelace. (or my wallet)

This works really well when performing for a large gathering of people in a reception or at a long dinner table. Having two spectators holding the props on each side frames the effect nicely. This could even work on stage.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
kalsolar
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of kalsolar
The big problem with this trick is that if it goes wrong - it goes wrong, outs are hard to come by with this trick. Although it works for me most of the time - most of the time aint really good enough. I've come to the conclusion that I've either got to get it working 100% of the time (rather than the current 95%) or abandon it, which is a shame.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hi Kalsolar,

Sorry to hear that you are having a little problem with the effect.

I have been performing Interlace now for almost 2 years straight and I have only had the effect miss the designated spot ONCE due to the fact that I borrowed an extremely large football type ring that must have weighed almost as much as a deck of cards.

I have noticed that some people have a problem if the sl***e is not set up in the right place or that at the time of performance your p***s are crooked.
I always do one last little look down check before I do the effect and it never fails me.

I have a few other suggestions that might help but that cannot be discussed on a public forum so feel free to email me at info@sandersfx.com and I will be happy to help you out!

I will have a whole bunch of new clips of live performances of Interlace, Extreme Burn and lots of other new effects coming very soon at http://www.sandersfx.com

I hope that helps for now

Best,

Rich
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
162 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that Interlace is one of my favorite effects to perform if I really want to impress the heck out of someone. This gets seriously close to real magic for people!

If you really want to hear some solid reactions from people, try using Interlace as a closer to a ring and string routine.

Here's how I do it and it gets screams!!!
After a series of impossible penetrations with the ring and string, (which I call a shoelace) I end by vanishing the ring and telling the spectator that the ring is back on the shoelace. At this point the spectator looks at the shoelace in their hand and discovers that the ring is not there...they look up at me... at which time I say, "Not that shoelace..." I let the sentence register for a beat or two, then I slowly look down at my feet without saying a word...they follow my gaze...and there they see it, hanging from my shoelace, THEIR RING... they FREAK!!!!

I recently had the opportunity to perform Interlace on very well known political figure at a high profile corporate function...have you ever seen a Head of State really freak out...it was amazing!

Interlace was recently performed on VH1's Celebracadabra by former Kid in Play star Chris Reid and he did a BANG UP JOB!!!!

BTW, FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS, Sanders FX is featuring a super special offer on Interlace; as well as a bundle deal on Interlace and Any Ring.
You can find this special at http://www.sandersfx.com
If you don't already own Interlace this is the time to check it out

Thanks for listening,

Rich
triplemagic92
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of triplemagic92
Interlace is truly an amazing effect and now that I just heard the routine mr.sanders said, I wish that I had never sold it. (I even had it installed in my pants)
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Triplemagic92
Wow you sold it, how could you. I just bought another one from Mr. Sanders. Its the best trick ever. I second Richard opinion about the ring and string routine. Richard always thinks things out before he put out a trick. That's way he is my favorite.
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
I can't take it any more. I'm ordering mine tomorrow.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Thanks for the deal Mr. Sanders, will be picking up Interlace tomorrow.
Extreme Burn is my favorite EZ money variation.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
With all respect, is this just 'On Foot' with an added 'you know what'?

After playing with my friends 'On Foot' for five minutes, we had made up one with a dongle and fitted it all in a shoe. This was over four years ago. In fact, it might have been on a Max Magic episode. That was 2003/4.
We didn't market it as it didn't seem too different to 'On Foot'.
I was about to add this to an order but would like more info, as our version would never get caught on the tongue of the shoe or whatever. The gimmick ran through the eye hole.

Joe
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Interlace (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL