The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using Google Adwords » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Does it work??

I've looked into this course:
http://www.moremoneywithmagic.com/adwords.htm

Anyone comment on it???
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I've used adword for a couple of business ideas and had no luck with it. Other people may have done well, but it just ended up costing me money.

Thanks,
Richard
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
Google adwords can work great, however, you have to really work the system. The key things to know about using Adwords are:

-- Choosing effective keywords for your target market

-- Writing Ads that offer a clear, concise, motivating benefit

-- Constantly monitoring, testing, and adjusting over time

If you don't do any of these things, you can and will waste some cash.

My experience has been primarily with using Google Adwords for Birthday Parties. Over time, they've been extremely cost-effective for me -- I spend about the cost of one gig a month on Google ads and they bring in at least 10 to 15. So that's a pretty decent ROI in my opinion.

The other real key with any type of Pay-Per-Click ad strategy is this:

**** You need a great landing page that sells you effectively. *****

If your Google ad gets them to your website, but your website fails to close the deal, then you've wasted your cash.

So Google Ads can work fabulously, however, they need to be part of a larger strategy for capturing leads and turning them into sales.

The Matthew James course has some excellent information about this. In addition, my course on doing birthday parties gives a very nice intro to using Google ads, along with pointers on creating a great landing page.

Another tip I just heard from a guy who's pretty knowledgeable about Search Engine Optimization -- don't overlook MSN's Adcenter. According to him, the search engine most used by women is MSN's. And since most birthday parties are booked by Mom... I'm looking into additional sources to back this assertion up, but it definitely makes sense to at least consider placing some bets on not just Google alone. The search box on Internet Explorer gets some pretty hefty usage too.

--Jack
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
MatthewJames
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MatthewJames
Hey guys,

Thanks Jack for the nice comments about my course.

MB, here's a few secrets on using Adwords:

A LOT of Magicians (most every one I've talked to) have failed big time with Adwords. Unfortunately, no one taught them the inside "rules" of how to play the game. If you don't set up specific things right in your account, you're basically gonna blow a ton of money with no results.

Whether you invest in my course or not, here's a couple free tips:

1. Turn off Content Network until you find your winning ad that produces shows for you. The Content Network are the little ads you see (Adsense) that display on other people's sites. Without turning these off, or setting a separate bid, you're bidding the same amount of money to appear on other people's sites where you're more likely to have "looky-loos" just clicking your ads randomly. Not good.

2. Match your headline to your body copy. I can't believe how many Magicians have a headline with their name! Your name as a headline is a DEADline. Don't do it. Match it instead to what people are searching for.

These are just a couple tips that will mean a huge difference for you. If you are not doing these 2 things, you're simply not gonna make Adwords work.

These are just 2 of the many tips I give in my course. Really, my course is not just a bunch of tips, but rather videos of my actual computer screen where I give you my actual ads, keywords, and let you "look over my shoulder" as I basically set up a winning account for you.

5 leads from Adwords yesterday, including one for the Atlantis Resort in Nassau, Bahamas. That one show will make me over $3,000. I spend less than $500 a month to generate 5 figures easily via these gigs from the net. That's a pretty darn good ROI I'd say. When do you think would be the best time for you to get started?

To your success,

Matthew James
ToolsForMagicians.com

[email]matthew@toolsformagicians.com[/email]
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Matthew,
Thanks for the free tips.
What about the metatags on the web page?

Mike
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
I know very little about all this "techno" stuff, but I have seen some get good results and that why I will gladly LEARN at the tested experience of others like Matt who HAVE gotten real results in this arena.

This is the GREAT THING about all this stuff… No ONE person has to know it all, I can rely on the proven success of others like Eric, (have HIS Stuff!) Matt, (Have HIS Stuff!) Jim (Have HIS Stuff!) and so on.

Can ya' see a success pattern emerging here? – Hehehehehehehehe!

THANKS for sharing guys! (My Wife thanks you too! Ha! SHE LOVES the results as well!)

Thinking of YOU and Your Success!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano (speaking, teaching, preaching & nagging) in Reno
<><

I'm out DOING for a while... later gator!
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
I reckon the $50 I spent on Perry Marshalls
"definitive guide to Google Adwords"
was money very well spent.

Perry is the guru.
MatthewJames
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MatthewJames
Hey Mike,

Thanks for your question.

Although metatags are very important, they don't mean much in terms of search rankings. Ponder this for a second...

Search engines exist to give people RELEVANT information based on what they're looking for. Therefore, the best key to ranking well in the Free (organic) results is to give quality CONTENT. If you're looking for long-term results in the web (which I believe is the only way to go) then you can't "trick" the search engines by beefing up metatags, and writing New York Magician, New York Magician, New York Magician at the bottom of your page.) Smile

A lot of guys are doing this and it just looks so tacky at the bottom of the page, not to mention it won't work for search engine rankings in the long run.

The key as I mentioned is quality content, and of course links. Real links only happen though once you have good content that people want to link to.

Create good content and you'll be handsomely rewarded!

Let me know how I can be of help with your web marketing.

-Matthew James

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 9:26pm
Absolutely Deano! Right on! A constant desire for improvement and more success in every area of your life is just the way to go!

You can learn something from everyone and that is why I get EVERYTHING that comes out. Sure, some stuff is much better than others, but I get to learn so much in a short amount of time and then I find the real NUGGETS that work right away, and then I just keep doing those!

Mr. Hyde, I agree, Perry Marshall knows his stuff. I've done work with his right hand guy, Bryan Todd, and they are the real deal. The reason I created the course for Magicians is this:

Sure, you can get Perry's guide (and I highly recommend it), but most people have a heck of time getting it all put together and actually booking shows from it. You see, I put in all the sweat equity, generated the keywords, tried ads that failed, tested landing pages, and more, and now USE what works. Magicians can shortcut their learning curve by simply plugging in what I'm doing that WORKS and then it WORKS for them. If someone can't INVEST an extra $100 to get a ready-to-go turnkey system which books them shows within a day (several of the guys who have my course booked shows with my course the SAME day they got the course), then I'm not sure what to say.

Let me know how I may be of help in your web marketing efforts!

Matthew James
ToolsForMagicians.com

Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
MrHyde (magiccoach.com),

As there have been several threads on the marketing topic recently to which I am also posting I thought I would post my thoughts here.

You can buy every single (non-magic) marketing book out there from ALL the GURUS etc., but to have others who are out there performing, doing it, in YOUR business and willing to pass on their experiences, is worth something, isn't it???

You can listen to Tom Peters (who I enjoy) talk about excellence forever, but to have someone like Eric Paul (as an example) give you some ideas garnered from years of experience in the MAGIC business, his reading, his contacts, on how you can apply this, can save you both time and $$$. Isn't that worth something??

And.............as Matthew points out you can buy the book by Perry, but having someone looking over your shoulder ( like Matthew ) helping to apply it and avoid costly mistakes (and wasting time), is definately worth money to me!!! I want to be busy perfoming and booking shows! Not learning and experimenting with adwords, at some point in your business you have to delegate. And the learning process is where I like to personally get all the help I can.

(The cost of the magic marketing folks is far less than any course or program in the "real" world. And with magic the returns can be GREAT!!!)

Blair Marshall
B.Commerce (Marketing)
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Blair (and Matthew)

I hope you didn't think I was having a dig at Matthews product.
I'm not and wish him huge success with it (and his career.)
I have not seen it, or him, so can't comment.

I can comment on Adwords though, because I use it extensively
and I think fairly effectively. (I was probably the first to use
PPC extensively here in Australia, both Google and GoTo and now many
of my colleagues also do.)

I have a number of different niche "presentations"
that I market and adwords is terrific for that.
I learnt most of what I do with it from Perrys course.
It is an option for people wanting a broader view of it's use
than possibly what you would get with a "market focused" product.

For me, I always prefer to use more non specific courses/manuals,
so this is usually what I tell people when I'm asked for advice.

I feel going this way forces you to "join the dots" yourself
and come up with a more unique package.
Other people prefer a more "turn key" or "in a box" package
with instant results, so that is what they advise.

happy clicking

timothy
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
[quote]On 2008-01-08 22:10, jackturk wrote:
Google adwords can work great, however, you have to really work the system. The key things to know about using Adwords are:

-- Choosing effective keywords for your target market

-- Writing Ads that offer a clear, concise, motivating benefit

-- Constantly monitoring, testing, and adjusting over time

If you don't do any of these things, you can and will waste some cash.

The other real key with any type of Pay-Per-Click ad strategy is this:

**** You need a great landing page that sells you effectively. *****

Ok, what is a Great landing page?

I will go broke buying everything I need, as I am just getting a web page going.

Matthew and Jack have my mind going a million miles an hour.
Now the question is where to start?

This is absolutley one of the best threads on the Café' right now.

Mike
MatthewJames
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MatthewJames
Hey Timothy,

No worries! I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear on the added value that my course brings to the table. It really is specialized just for Magicians and the results guys are getting with it are very rewarding for me to hear. One guy booked a post prom gig the first day he got my course! Talk about making your investment back quickly!

GoTo! That's funny, because most people do not know what they are! Good for you!

It turns out, I have a connection to the old FindWhat.com, and now Miva.com, a multimillion dollar PPC search engine (tiny compared to Google, but still significant), so I've been at this for quite a while.

I agree that's its nice to have a broad focused product so you get a real feel of all the possibilities, BUT, I find that most people who get a broad focused product DON'T apply the information. They say, "Oh, well that's different because I'm a Magician." AND, they are somewhat right. Although Perry is a guru (one I highly admire), you'll need to do plenty of your own testing, keyword research, and more testing, and testing, and learning to get it where its ultra-profitable for you. I took out all those steps for guys wanting to do PPC with magic.

Thanks Timothy!

Matthew James

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your eagerness to learn more about this. I LOVE eagerness, especially for something that can get you SLAMMED with bookings, which Adwords can if used properly.

Where to start?

Keyword research. Get yourself a HUGE list of all the possible things people search for related to what you do. Most guys who tell me Adwords hasn't worked for them send me their keyword list, and there's about 20-50 keywords MAX.

That's simply not enough. You need hundreds of phrases, sometimes as small as "convention magician in orlando fl", or something similar. You have to know ALL these phrases before you can have any chance at winning with Adwords or any PPC search engine.

How to get keyword research? Well, Wordtracker, Google's free keyword tool, and there's other keyword tools. Some are free, some cost money (it's worth the money spent in my opinion!).

If you don't want to hassle with doing all the keyword research, you can have someone do it for you. (Hire a pro online for a few hundred bucks probably, or my course includes it done for you already, no extra charge).

Best of success Mike!

Matthew James
ToolsForMagicians.com

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
To pay for hits to your web site is nothing more than throwing money out of the window.
IMHO
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
What is a landing page?
And what is the best way to use them on your web page?

I just went to the Google Wordtracker, nice tip Matthew!
Thanks

Mike
MatthewJames
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MatthewJames
WHOA!

Al, how do you get visitors to your website without paying anything? I'd love to know.

Thanks,

Matthew James

Hey Mike,

A landing page is the page that people "land" at when they click your ad. Meaning the first page that they see. A landing page is a page of your website, not necessarily your home page.

I could host an entire 3-day seminar just on landing pages and what to do to optimize them. It's a very big can of worms, but I'll just say this:

Having a proper landing page is the BIGGEST factor for making your website convert. I don't care how much traffic you buy, or how great your site ranks, because if people don't do WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO, you're not making any MONEY!

It's funny because so many guys are talking about "ooohhh, I'm #1 in Google, #3 in MSN" etc, and that doesn't mean crap if their site doesn't convert. And most of their sites don't convert well. Why do I know? Because they've been coming to me showing me they've got thousands of hits monthly, yet only 1 or 2 shows. Isn't it better to have 100 hits monthly and book 10 shows? YOU BET!

Take care,

Matthew James
ToolsForMagicians.com

Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Quote:
On 2008-01-12 21:26, MatthewJames wrote:
Absolutely Deano! Right on! A constant desire for improvement and more success in every area of your life is just the way to go!

You can learn something from everyone and that is why I get EVERYTHING that comes out. Sure, some stuff is much better than others, but I get to learn so much in a short amount of time and then I find the real NUGGETS that work right away, and then I just keep doing those!

Mr. Hyde, I agree, Perry Marshall knows his stuff. I've done work with his right hand guy, Bryan Todd, and they are the real deal. The reason I created the course for Magicians is this:

Sure, you can get Perry's guide (and I highly recommend it), but most people have a heck of time getting it all put together and actually booking shows from it. You see, I put in all the sweat equity, generated the keywords, tried ads that failed, tested landing pages, and more, and now USE what works. Magicians can shortcut their learning curve by simply plugging in what I'm doing that WORKS and then it WORKS for them. If someone can't INVEST an extra $100 to get a ready-to-go turnkey system which books them shows within a day (several of the guys who have my course booked shows with my course the SAME day they got the course), then I'm not sure what to say.

Let me know how I may be of help in your web marketing efforts!

Matthew James

How much is your system?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
My method of getting hits to my web site represents the edge I have over my competition. If you google "magician Philadelphia" or "juggler Philadelphia" you will consistently see my web site in the top 20 this and a few free listings in select directories is how I have gotten over 27,000 hits on my web site. My web master and I have developed a passive marketing strategy over the years that keeps me busy without begging for business. The content of my web site, the meta tage on my web site, to be search engine friendly to over 40 search engines is how I am able to compete in a highly competitive market, and if I told you any more my web master would kill me, but buying hits to your web site is just stupid, and will take you broke.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MatthewJames
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MatthewJames
Hey Mike,

My system is $197 for the Platinum course. It includes 5 training DVD's (where you look over my shoulder and watch as I show you how to setup an account, your keywords, ads, testing, etc.), 4 CD's (including all my resources), as well as the ready to go keyword lists, and a 30 minute coaching session to review your ads, answer questions, help you test, analyze competitors' ads, etc.

Mike, I LOVE your eagerness to learn. It really is refreshing to see someone so excited by the possibility of a new tool; one that can make a big difference.

If you order through me, I'll throw in an extra 30 minute coaching session and $50 in FREE advertising to get you started). This is a bonus that is no longer offered, but I'll do it for you. Something brand new I'm including too is my Adwords Mastermind group, totally free forever when you invest in my course. We have a Q&A call every month where you can ask questions, try new advanced things I'm doing, etc, in a group call format, no charge.

PM me for details on how to order. Smile

Thanks Mike!

Matthew James
ToolsForMagicians.com

Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Pm sent
MatthewJames
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MatthewJames
Thanks Mike!
ToolsForMagicians.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using Google Adwords » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL