The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Rubber covers (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I remember guys using the lids off Crisco cans with a little vaseline to seal them for the Rice Bowls.

Don't ask me why I would rembmer such an obscure fact. Now I sound like Jay Marshall.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Interesting idea, Richard. And you've been in magic long enough to remember obscure facts! Thank you
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Ok… so I’m reviving a thread from 2008… The rubber covers I have are apparently coming to the end of their shelf life as holes have started to appear in nearly all of them. Fortunately this only ever happens when putting them on not once they’re in place so I’ve had no accidents and have anyway always used two for added sucurity.

I’ve actually had some very good success in patching them up using patches made from ordinary balloons and rubber cement glue. This spurred me on to having another go at trying Michael’s suggested way of making my own.

After a few false starts I made a couple and while they look decidedly odd they work well. So thanks again to Michael for giving me the needed info six years ago. Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Rubber covers (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL