The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dazzling Magic's, "Square Circle Supreme" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I would love to get a detailed review of Dazzling Magic's, "Square Circle Supreme". If anyone has this prop could you please post a review, or at least list some pros and cons?

Thanks!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Going by the ad the Square Circle Supreme is a nice effect taken to the next level by eliminating the second cylinder. As I guess, it seems that the cylinder is basically a Ph****m T**e & hence can be shown completely empty. Also making intelligent use of black velvet for black art is a very good idea.

This version has all the advantages. I can't see any con's except that the quantum of load will be less in the Supreme version (but obvious) as compared to the older version.

Yes, I do envisage one problem though - As per the ad : "The cylinder measures 11 1/2 inches high by 6 inches in diameter. The outer square tube is 11 inches high . . ."
The cylinder is 1/2 an inch taller than the outer square tube which means that when the load is being removed from the cylinder the hands can be seen picking the load from the periphery of the ph****m t**e and not from the middle of the cylinder. However the designer must have had good reasons to keep the cylinder taller than the outer square tube.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
[QUOTE]Going by the ad the Square Circle Supreme is a nice effect taken to the next level by eliminating the second cylinder. As I guess, it seems that the cylinder is basically a Ph****m T**e[\QUOTE]

You're misreading the ad. It is a square circle, not a phantom tube.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
What makes you think there is no second cylinder, I didn't get that from the add at all, just a difference in the outer tube, it being hinged to allow a wide open display..nothing radical there ,just new design
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-01-09 21:19, Xpilot wrote:
You're misreading the ad. It is a square circle, not a phantom tube.

Ooops! I meant a GHOST TUBE & not a Phantom Tube.

I'm sorry.

Quote:
On 2008-01-09 22:13, actorscotty wrote:
What makes you think there is no second cylinder, I didn't get that from the add at all, just a difference in the outer tube, it being hinged to allow a wide open display..nothing radical there ,just new design

I get the idea thru the ad (reading between the lines) that it uses only one cylinder (i.e. a Ghost Tube).

The ad reads:-

"The inner cylinder is gleaming red, with silver bands. The interior is covered with black velvet, giving you an extremely deceptive black art effect".

Incase it was the good old Square & circle with two cylinders; there was no reason to mention that the cylinder's INTERIOR is covered with black velvet, thus giving an extremely deceptive black art effect.

:xmas:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Please amend the last para of my above post:-

For:-

Incase it was the good old Square & circle with two cylinders; there was no reason to mention that the cylinder's INTERIOR is covered with black velvet, thus giving an extremely deceptive black art effect.

Read:-

Incase it was the good old Square & circle with two cylinders; there was no reason to mention that the cylinder's INTERIOR is covered with black velvet, thus giving an extremely deceptive black art effect. Thus when you show the Ghost tube to the spectators as an empty hollow cylinder, the black art provides a visual illusion that the hollow cylinder diameter is the same at both ends.

Thanks.

Smile

P.S. Incase the above assumption is wrong, then in that case, an improved version of the Square & Circle has been innovated. Smile Smile
kiss_bpp
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
98 Posts

Profile of kiss_bpp
The audiences’ perspective also helps out with the size difference.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2008-01-10 15:25, Ustaad wrote:

You're still misreading it. It doesn't say that "the cylinder's INTERIOR is covered with black velvet". It says "The interior is covered with black velvet". Since that follows immediately after a sentence about the inner cylinder it's understandable that you may think it's still talking about the inner cylinder, but it's the interior the square outer tube.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Duplicate post.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
May be I am wrong! Smile Then . . .

Quote:
On 2008-01-10 15:25, Ustaad wrote:
P.S. Incase the above assumption is wrong, then in that case, an improved version of the Square & Circle has been innovated. Smile Smile

Smile

Smile
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for the responses. I was hoping that someone who owned this could give me some insight. I also need to know some measurements.

Regan
Mister Mystery
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Regan,

You may wish to call Marty Hahne at Dazzling magic. He is great to work with and will treat you right.

Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dazzling Magic's, "Square Circle Supreme" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL