The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Unresponsive dealer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Back in October (2007)I ordered a certain hard-to-find out-of-print card magic book from an online magic dealer. I was not surprised when they phoned me to say that the book was out of stock. But on December 27 I got an email from the dealer saying that my order had been "shipped." I was delighted, though I was surprised that they had not asked me before shipping the book whether I still wanted it after two months. Their website says they ship UPS and that orders usually arrive within 3-5 business days. It has now been nine business days and the book has not yet arrived. The dealer's website also says they will supply the UPS tracking number on request, so I have emailed them to request it. I have emailed three times to tell them that the order has not arrived and to ask for the tracking number and the dealer has not replied in any way at all. Total silence. They have no toll-free number, but I guess I'm going to have to phone them anyway to try to find out what's going on. I have many questions about this, but one is: Why would dealers behave this way? Why not simply respond to my email? Even if the tracking number is not available for some reason, they ought to tell me that and suggest what else I can do. A second question is: What CAN I do? Assuming that the book really was shipped via UPS when the dealer said it was, I don't think UPS could help me find out what happened to it without the tracking number. Any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated. Thanks for listening to my troubles, which I realize are very small compared to some peoples'. :-(
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Follow-up on my own post, above: I did phone the dealer, and was told that their online operation is run from a different location from their main store, and they have no idea why I received an email after two months saying they were shipping the book, since they don't have any more copies, and they never send emails like that anyway. They couldn't give me any explanation as to how this happened. They don't know who sent me the email or why. Something is VERY messed up with their operation, obviously. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, maybe. I will not deal with them again.

The book -- did you guess? -- is "The Card Magic of Nick Trost." The guy I talked to said they've had other mysterious happenings like this related to orders for that book.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Hushai, I work for US Toy Magic in Leawood, KS. I think we may have some of Nick Trosts old booklets running around that shop. These are the same booklets that were put together to make his book. If interested, I can double check and see if we have all of them to make the complete book. It may be more expensive though, m not sure. Just let me know.
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Hi Hushai..
I purchased "The Card Magic of Nick Trost" on eBay at a very GOOD price.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Unresponsive dealer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL