We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need a little assistance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Guys and Gals,

I have been performing mentalism for about a year now and would really like to add a bizzare/voodoo routine that would spook people.

If you guys could direct me to the right books or DVDs, it would be very much appreciated

Thanks,

Omar
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Since you mention Voodoo, please look at this:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=14&234

Tony
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've PMed you Smile
Tony's pointing in the right direction!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
I SWEAR TO SWEET BABY JESUS these random inquiries into voodoo are NOT my other profiles.....

Omar is much more handsome....in a heterosexual kinda way...

where is everyone on fridays and saturdays!! bizarrists, claiming to be agnostic, are actually a bunch of judeo-chrisitians, I'm startin' to think...put away the magic and computers for the sake of the sabbath....

tahahahahaha......
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Hell no!

Omar, Tony has some good advice....
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Thanks to all the advice

I have purchased Vu Do Magick. Now to acquire a mystical ring or two...

Thanks,

Omar
Magnalucius
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
210 Posts

Profile of Magnalucius
Baba´s book is one of my favorites. Read and enjoy it. I also recommend these fine and clasical books:

Strange Ceremonies, by Eugene Burger
(Excellent introduction to the bizarre magic, history, rationale, philosophy, biographies of the great and some truly magical effects.)
Garden of strange, by Caleb Strange
(A book made of dreams. One of the best in its kind. You have to own it and read all this wonderful, WONDERFUL, routines. Is the magic in its fullest expression, especially if you like working with suggestions a la Kenton Knepper or Luke Jermay.)
Hauntiques, by Christian Chelman
(My first book in bizarrism. Looking for inspiration? Get it!
Capricornian Tales, by Christian Chelman
(This one has one or two voodoo routines. Excellent for bizarre wonders.)
Pentalogy, by R. Shane
(When magic becomes theater, good for parlour and close up. Superb stories and settings.)
Haunted Magick, by Rick Maue
(Inludes some voodoo efects. Good book for starting in this kind of perform.)
Every thing by Tony Andruzzi (Masklkyn ye Mage)
(The wizard of wizards. His thinking is essential to understand the bizarre magic.)
Every thing by Max Maven
(I should perhaps say something about this great in performing and creating? Look for his PRISM book.)
Every thing by this magickal monsters:
Jim Magus, Doc Shields, Docc Hilford (all of his items are good for both, mentalism and bizarrism, look at Black Moon, System 88, Burn Witch, burn, and more), Lantierre, Robert Neale, Anneman, Knepper, and many more that are currently not mention for lack of time. Enjoy these books, they are fundamental for every bizarrist! Salud, mi amigo!
Lux In Tenebris
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
There's a huge list for you here:

http://www.dragonskull.co.uk/bibliography.htm

Though, lord knows, there's been a great deal out in the past few years that's not on there.

Raven
What would Wavy do?
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Thanks,

I have Babas book and I have also purchased Hauntiques as well as The Holy Art, Bizarre Magick from Naljorpa's Cave. This is start, afterwards I will need to acquire some accessories to enhance my routines.

Thanks again to all,

Omar
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
This is a lot of info and a long list of books/DVDs/etc.What
Corrinda and Annemann are for a budding mentalist...what would you place for a Bizzarist?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Honestly, I would say a good book for a budding bizarrist would be Tarbell's vol. 1 (followed by 2-8). I'm spending a lot of time going back to learn basics that I didn't learn when I started. While it's entertaining in it's own sort of way, it would have been easier to start with a firm foundation in magic basics before heading down the bizarre road. My semi-arthritic joints would have been happier.
What would Wavy do?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Cisco, also check out Mark's book, Raven's Tales. Also, Capricornian Tales by Christian Chelman is a must-have.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Thanks Bill,

I just received your book and I have started reading it, next will be Babas book and then Hauntiques. I will then venture out some more and purchase the books you have mentioned which are on my list.

Thanks again,

Omar (The CiscoKid)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need a little assistance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL