The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Difficult Experiment Never Attempted Before.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-01-12 21:28, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Tut tut. This isn't the place to discuss methods...that's Secret Sessions. Just enjoy Alexandre's presentation for now.

John

Thank you John... Sheesh- for magicians they really have small regard for "the secret"

(still wondering how he got those cards into my wallet...)

G
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Good demo, Alexandre. I tried it a few more times today, and got several pairings. Great presentation idea.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Alexandre,
apologies if I missed your point - as you were refering to quantum and physics, I missed that out.

Andy
Cards never lie
Ray_Mago
View Profile
New user
Rio Rancho
82 Posts

Profile of Ray_Mago
1st try: 1 king and 1 seven next to each other
2nd try: 2 pairs of kings and sevens.
3rd try: 1 pair of kings and sevens
4th try: 1 king, then 1 seven, then another king. which results in a king sandwhich with seven on top.
5th try: another sandwhich, 1king 1 seven, then 1 king.

hmmm... the results are interesting.
Have you Amazed?
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1312 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Shuffled the deck and the king of spades and 7 of Hearts were next to each other also king of Clubs and 7 of Clubs were next to each other too! SmileNice one Alexandre!

Pete
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2917 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Peter, that worked out because I was deep in meditation at the time you attempted it.

Strong stuff! Smile
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
First try, King of Spades next to Seven of Spades and the King of Hearts next to the Seven of Hearts! I'll be using this one. Smile

Thanks ALEXANDRE, very interesting!

Wow! Tried again, shuffled 7 times. 5 out of seven resulted in a king and seven next to each other. I shuffle one handed, I wonder if shuffling technique affects the results?

Dave
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of dobber
I wish John Scarne were alive for a consultation-he could figure the odds out pretty quickly.
I've read this somewhere in a magic book, but unfortunately can't remember which. Anyway, the odds of this occurring are actually pretty favorable.

This is almost the same as assembling a group of 30 or 35 people. Odds are that two of them share the same birthday, but odds are that someone shares *your* BD aren't so good. (This is covered in one of Scarne's books.)
Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Difficult Experiment Never Attempted Before.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.45 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL