The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What to buy? Sheridan or Cellini... or? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
To bad the holidays are over....

http://exoticpets.about.com/od/herpsuppl......ifts.htm

Anton
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
Okay... that's just strange.

Anyhow, turtles aside ( still don't get it) I ordered The Royal Touch and a Charlie Frye volume today from the ever-so-helpful Kozmo.

Thanks guys

tom
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I also agree about the art of street performing DVDs particularly the first one. It is a great illustration to the first thirty pages of the royal touch. that is the other thing about the royal touch. The first thirty or so pages are the most required reading, and read them over and over again. You will find new stuff there each and every time you read it. Also, after you work the street a bit read it again and even more stuff will pop out at you.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
With thanks to Mr Magicsanta I can now confirm the rumours are true... I do love turtles!

That got quite confusing there for a while.

tom
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
GOOD TIMES...
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Cellini's magic anyone can do, or magic that can be done anywhere... I don't have my copy handy for the name ref, but it has some things on it you don't see every other street performer using. I have even used a couple of them on stage and in close up. That is how great the material is. It plays as big as you make it play, and appeals to any audience.

I use a couple of routines off of it, and always get great responses...

I liked it so well, that when my original dvd got stepped on, I got another one from Kozmo.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Yeah, what the Doctor said. That DVD rocks.

Loop ball, TT moves, jumbo coin manips, salt pour, billiard balls, that's a GREAT DVD.

If I lost my whole DVD collection and had to start over from scratch, that'd be the first one I'd buy. I'm always going back to it for more stuff.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The loop ball has serious possibilities that are NOT on the DVD.

I just got a fresh batch of loop balls done btw, if anyone is interested in getting one without waiting. They are really killer.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I bought a loop ball from Frank and play with it all the time. It's a great tool for fooling around in front of the mirror and practicing moves.

It's fun to use and really easy to become good with.

I think it's superior to a billard ball [ for busking, because ya can't break the thing.

A loop ball doesn't help perform the same routines as multiplying billard balls can, but it provides you with an easy to learn and VERY visual ball routine. So it's more like trading LIKE for LIKE.

With Cellini's DVD in my heart and Frank's balls in my hands, I feel like the king of the world I tell ya.
taoist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of taoist
Loop balls? That's interesting and I just saw a clip of Cellini performing. Are there other moves to mix it up? It doesn't seem very diabolical as standalone repetition.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Very touching Chad.

If you treat a loop ball like a billiard ball you can expand the routine tremendously.

think about coming up with a loop ball routine that does NOT look like a loop ball routine.

My advice for a billard ball routine is if you're using a ] it should not look like you're using a ]. that will help you make a creative routine.

think outside the ].
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I found Cellini not as interesting, though~ Just a thought.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
The DVD now is "TALES FROM THE STREETS" from Kozmo. There's a lot of info there. Very clear, no restriction. Great job, Kozmo. (Where does the name KOZMO come from?)
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I think Kozmo is a derivative of the word kozmonaut, which is Russian for "freakin' nut job".

Who else do ya think they get to go into space? Hellooooo, huge vacuum void of air you NEED to breath with your body?!?!?

Nut jobs, all of them. Kozmo is their king.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Cosmonaut is the Russian word for astronaut ...... I think.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
There's only one man that can settle this debate for us.

Captain Kozmo: The space busking czarist intergalactic communist hat passer himself.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

I heard Kozmo got fat hats on the moon.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
The Cellini Street Lecture DVD from Zurick is just chock full o' goodness. I got it from Frank's website. Most bang for the buck in Cellini's DVD format.
I haven't got Kozmo's Tales from the Street yet, but hope to soon (just waiting for my wife to ask what I want for Christmas).

As others mentioned, the Cellini book, The Royal Road, is great. I got mine from Kozmo's website.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

You're right. That is good. So is Cellini's Slydini lecture and, of course, Kozmo's "As I recall...", but that's more Slydini than Cellini.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It would be good if Chris Capehart had a busking DVD together.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What to buy? Sheridan or Cellini... or? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL