The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Vaultz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I don't know if anybody has seen this before,here is a great site for cases.I bought one at Wal*Mart. http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/vaultz/Vhome.html
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
Which model did you buy?

-Vinny
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3734 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have two of the "file/security box" models. Fits my MAK Deceptive Square Circle perfectly, and the other one is for my "Pro Viper". Also, my wireless Countryman wireless earset goes into one of the smaller ones. Love those cases. I think Office Depot had some of the smaller ones on sale CHEAP right after the holidays.

Steve
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I bought the 3x5 locking storage box.
Tanner & Company
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Tanner & Company
Cases are ok but for the serious perfromer I like trunks their spacious and ease of use.
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Mine are for my closeup What do you mean by --serious performer--
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Vaultz cases are the BEST!!! I like the pencil boxes...my favorite close-up case.

http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/vaultz/Pencil.html

Mark. Smile
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Yep....those are cool!!
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have 2 of the large Vaultz cases. I love 'em!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Don Sautter
View Profile
New user
Flagstaff, AZ
57 Posts

Profile of Don Sautter
I have a leagal size one and a smaller one. These are well constructed and the small combination locks are great for keeping the curious out of them!
impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
I use some similar pencil cases. They look like stage equipment, and they match the tool case I got from Home Depot for my stage act.
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1001 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Sicnce everyone's chatting about Vaultz, I'd like to mention another case you can get at Wal-mart.

Go to the make-up section and look for what resembles an aluminum tackle box . . . BAM. Looks a lot like the one on Malloy's doesn't it.

Secondly, check out their poker sets. One set is just under $10 and comes with a slimline aluminum case that's just the right size for some close-up stuff.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Question Slimline case or the wider case,what do you perfer? and why.
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1001 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
I have several wider cases for transporting and storing full shows. Why: more space.

I have a slimline case that holds certain close-up items. Why: because it fits into my rolling case.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Staples usually has a large selection. I've purchased 3 different sizes from them.
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I think I'm going to buy a slim line also.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24160 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 16:55, Tanner & Company wrote:
Cases are ok but for the serious perfromer I like trunks their spacious and ease of use.

There are gigs where you don't need a trunk. If you go to a close-up gig with a trunk, you look like you overpacked. Take what fits your act.

I'm not really fond of the cheaper metal-sided cases. The really cheap ones have thin metal and flimsy plywood under it. They show dents really badly. I prefer the cases from Ritz/Wolf camera. They are made of a slightly thicker metal and the underlay is more durable. They don't dent as easily.

A good test is to take your thumbnail and see if you can dent the surface of the case with it. If you can, then the metal is too thin.

Here is one example:
http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP5497565.htm

The one I use is like this one, only larger:
http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/441661600.htm
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
While we are on the topic of Vautz cases, let me toss something in the ring...

This will be somewhat off-topic for this forum, but last night, I bought a 3x5 index card file, a 4x6 index card file, and a camera case (all Vaultz products). They all nest beautifully, although there is a bit of extra space in the camera case.

One of the Vaultz product flyers show a 5 x 8 index card box, too. If I can locate one of those, all three index card boxes will nest perfectly (they give the inside dimensions), and they will all look exactly alike!!

For a nest of boxes, as long as you know a method, you have a really nice set waiting to happen!

One problem for me... the two index boxes came without keys. None of them at the store had keys with them (par for Wal Mart). I emailed the company in the hopes of getting one. I checked the CD cases and they all seem to be keyed-alike. The camera case I bought has a combination lock, so that doesn't help me.

If the company doesn't come through on this, does anyone have a spare key they'd sell me?

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Michael,

If you need one, PM me your address and I'll get you one. I've got an extra one you can have.

Take care, Mark.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the offer... As it turns out, I had a bit of good fortune this evening. I was at Staples and found another Vaultz file box. I bought it and the key works on all the boxes! Thank you, though!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Vaultz (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL