The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A NEW BILLIARD BALL MANIPULATION DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ajaxone
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ajaxone
HEY HEY
What is the best billiard ball manipultion dvd you know of? Thanks Alex
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Good question.

Without knowing your level of expertise, I can only give you a short list.

If you are just starting out, it is a good idea to get as much info from as many resources as you possibly can; i.e. books, dvds, etc.

A good list of books are;

Do You See It, Now You Don't, Bill Tarr
Mark Wilson Encyclopedia of Magic
The Tarbell Course in Magic
Principles and Deceptions Arthur Buckley
It's Easier Than You Think Geoffrey Buckingham
The Magic of Alan Wakeling, Jim Steinmeir

DVDs

World Class Manipulations Vol. 1-3 Jeff McBride
Manipulation Without Tears, Jeff McBride
It's Easier Than You Think, Geoffrey Buckingham
Romaine, Monarch of Manipulations
Balls, Tim Wright
Shimada's Video Lecture

Moreover, take a few moves and learn them very well and build on them.

Hope that helps.

David
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
Another Great book is Routine Manipulation by Lewis Ganson…Your can get 1 and 2 in the same volume for $15-20
ajaxone
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ajaxone
Thanks for the help guys!

I've been reading this small book by Burlling Hull called billiard ball manipulation. This book has handling of one ball. A friend of mind came accross it at an antique show. I saw it on ebay for $200 bucks. WAWAWEEWA!
If you ever see it you might want to get it.

I'm really hooked on ball manipulation. I liked the book so much I documented some of it in a small video I made. It has some vanishes and acquitments. The video is poor quality but it was all I had.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZoJzw7X9Qus

I had been talking to a fellow named David Kaplan and he told me of a book that had like 800 pages on billiard ball manipulations. Just my luck I had forgot the author he had said. Just thought someone might know.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of Anatole
While on the subject of billiard ball manipulation... There was a two volume set of books on billiard ball manipulation called _Encyclopedie des Boules Billard_ by Zum Pocco, illustrations by Sataly and photographs by Daniel. Billy McComb reviewed Volume 2 in the November, 1989 GENII saying: "In the 300 odd pages and the 380 photographs and over 100 drawings you get good value for your 400 French francs..."

I never met anyone who had read or seen the ENCYCLOPEDIE DES BOULES DE BILLARD. But it sounds pretty exhaustive. Can any French subscribers to the Magic Café provide any more info? The French version of eBay listed the two volume set being sold eventually at 35,50 EUR.

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
ajaxone
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ajaxone
I saw them on ebay. must be good, I translated the description below.

________ ENCYCLOPEDIE OF THE BALLS OF BILLIARDS - OMES - I - II _________

____ The manipulation is a difficult art, that asks hours and hours of work

to return the automatic movement, then hours and hours of work

to render invisible it; in fact, the manipulation is all the more pretty one since she not herself

Sees not. Do not forget that the public did not come to see a juggler, but to listen

A "tells fairy" : be this storyteller...

___ Two superb books on the ball manipulation, with all the techniques and

The incidental necessary one to the success of these turns, of "magic".

__ Volume I: Book of 265 pages, format 21.5 cm X 30.5 cm. As nine.

__ Volume II: Book of 300 pages, format 21.5 cm X 30.5 cm. As nine.

__ Books written by Zum Pocco and Georges Cartier to the editions Décapmps" Zum Pocco "in 1987.

__ Exemplary numbered N° 41.
ajaxone
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ajaxone
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Hey Anatole,

I saw your question about the "Encyclopedie Des Boules De Billard". I am from the United States and I don't speak, read or write French - but I do have the 2 volume set.

If you don't know the language and are new to billard manipulation I would say hold off on the set (unless you come across a great deal)

If you don't know the language and you already have a background in billard manipulation then by all means you should have these in your working library. There are enough photos and drawings that you can work with. The only draw back is you can not read up on the various thought patterns and ideas they offer.

As for price it is up to you and your budget. I paid $300 for an autographed set and I am very pleased with the set. As a manipulator, it was worth the investment. If manipulation is not your thing and just an interest - you may want to hold off. I can tell you - they son't seem to come up for sale very often. The two volumes were sold at different times. Volume 1 in 1985 and volume 2 in 1987. They were limited to 1000 copies with the first 50 being something a little special (can not read French to tell you what that special something is) and the other 950 are regular issue with each copy being numbered.

I hope this helps in you deceision. If you have further question - just shout out.
Best Reagards,
Signor Blitz
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
If you wanna get real fancy into the real billiards of pool. Mc Millan Ido believe I got it spelled ok but I will search it for you. It's called symphony of the spheres.Were by you take the real billiards and prep them with body loads.I have the book since a teen,i need to look for it I'm my library of magic.Be back to yas.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13386 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Despite the poor quality video it looks like you're doing a good job so far.

The Jay Leslie DVD has some nice bits with a silk and ball
http://theambitiouscard.com/details.cfm?......BALLMANI

The Charlie Frye routine is great on his DVD #1. A must own DVD.
http://theambitiouscard.com/details.cfm?......VDCF1ECC

The Mark Wilson book has a very nice routine in it. Very professional.
Alan Wakeling book and Roy Benson book both have great stuff.

There's a routine by Sammy Smith for kids. If you like working with balls, then this routine will give you ideas about how kids need to see a ball routine and you can perform the balls more often. It's in his book and also on his Kidology DVD.
http://theambitiouscard.com/details.cfm?......VDSSINGR
http://theambitiouscard.com/details.cfm?......IGLAUGHS
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Expert card and billiard manipulation DVD - Romaine

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=915

This has the most extensive I've ever seen and by a master better then anyone I've seen still alive today.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A NEW BILLIARD BALL MANIPULATION DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL