The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New Coin Gimmick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JackTheRipper
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of JackTheRipper
I was thinking about this: what happens if you stick 2 expanded shells together, then cut half the width off? You have a coin with a pocket in it. It would be like a shell with the opening on the side. Do you think this would work? How about some applications?

The Ripper
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Uh oh... someone's gonna take your idea and run with it and become rich!

But seriously, if this indeed is something that's never been done before, it sounds like an interesting idea that could have possibilities.

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
At least it's on a message board with time stamps and enough traffic to ensure that someone doesn't rip him off!!!

But seriously, delete this post and call up one of the resident coin machiners (Lassen, Riser, etc.) and see if you can get a prototype made.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Yes, the only problem would be that you would have to get a different gimmick for each kind of coin. Otherwise it would rattle, unless it had a sort of sponge in it. You could market this, it's a great idea!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
It IS a good idea; so good, in fact, that pocket-type coins have been around for about a century!
They are fairly rare today; the last one I saw was at an IBM international convention and one of the members had one that held about three other coins.
At the time, unfortunately, no one could come up with a workable idea on how to use it, though.
TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
I thought about this awhile ago, but never could think of any applications for it. Smile
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
That sounds cool. What a great idea! I've never heard of that before. Smile
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
529 Posts

Profile of sludge
hmm..

I thought of using a pound coin and a 5p as follows (a pound coin is nice and thick, a 5p is a very small silver coin)

Maybe the pound coin is hollow but only has an opening on the edge, so it can be handled and shown both sides cleanly.

I suppose it could be an alternative to a coin unique (locking scotch & soda) whereby both coins can be shown both sides before a vanish of one in the hand.

Maybe it could have a thread reel inside...? dunno why though. lol.

Maybe a streamer inside, or silver dust? so you can crush the small coin between two other larger ones (one large coin is gimmicked the other not)?

Could be used to switch one coin for another (e.g. one that has its face melted off)?

It could probably contain many things.

Blood? woooaarrggghhh!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New Coin Gimmick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL