The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Omega Mutation DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
252 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we have a new 3 disc DVD set coming out from Florida based magician Cameron Francis!

It will be launched at this year's Blackpool Magic Convention (Feb 2008).

For a super early teaser peek you can check out - http://www.theomegamutation.com

Keep your eyes peeled for FREE goodies at this website - we plan to give you some full routines over the coming weeks.

Cameron is just AWESOME - he has released material with Aldo Columbini, Richard Sanders, Dave Forrest... (infact, watch out in the March issue of Genii magazine, as Cameron has a great effect featured).

The Omega Mutation will be Cameron's first ever Magic DVD!

But you can also catch him in an upcoming Hollywood blockbuster (he's an actor too!). The film is called ‘Never Back Down’. (Which looks to be a cross between The Karate Kid and Fight Club!). Check out the trailer at:

http://www.summit-ent.com/nbd-trailer.ph......railer=1

WAHEY!

Owen
Bigblindmedia
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Cameron Francis is an incredible thinker. His book Fresh Mint shows how his mind works. And from that book, his effect Signed Bill to 'Tic Tac' box is brilliant.

And now we'll see him on DVD? 2008 is starting off to be one of the best years ever for incredible magic being released.

Here's Cameron's page on Murphys:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Multi-Langua......+francis
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Everyone is in for a treat with this dvd set. Cameron is one of the most original thinkers I have met in a long time. When I read a new effect, I do an evaluation of it to see if it is a) a worker and b) If it is well thought out and not just an idea slapped on paper. I have never read anything of Cam's that I didn't immediately know would work in any performance venue. If you want hard hitting magic that will help you grow as a magician, pick anything up that is associated with Cameron.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't know, I kind of liked the mystery of not knowing what he looks like. Shoot, I guess I'll have to find out now....mystery be danged!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
What do I look like?...Tom Cruise comes to mind... as a polar opposite...

If you want to see a picture of me, there's one on http://www.lybrary.com

BTW, thanks for the kind words, guys. Smile
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Looking forward to these Cameron,

Steve
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
That looks really good!
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
252 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi y'all,

there is a brand new teaser trailer for THE OMEGA MUTATION up at http://www.theomegamutation.com

this is really unlike any magic dvd out there - watch the new teaser and you'll see what we mean.

and if that peaks your interest, watch out next week - we're gonna put TWO effects from the DVD up on the site for your delectation!

peace,

owen
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Wow! Hope the magic is as good as the trailer! Smile
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1865 Posts

Profile of Daren
Another tease of a demo, can you divulge the effects of some of the routines on this dvd set?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Daren, most of the effects on the set are card effects. I am not a fan of "YouTube only" effects, nor do I have any time for stuff that can only be performed in "special situations", so these are all real world effects which can be performed in almost any environment. You could probably substitute a spectator's hand for some of the effects which require a table.

Some are impromptu and some require a very simple set up. A few of them need a standard gaffed card or two. Most of them have instant reset. Others you can reset within seconds. None of the effects are technically demanding.

Two tricks will be posted on the website next week to give you guys a taste of what to expect from the set.

I think there is a little something for everyone on this set. If you're a close up kinda guy, that is. Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Im REALLLLLY looking forward to these badboys
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Cameron, are you at Blackpool and does Big Blind Media have a stand there?

Paul.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cameron will not be. Big blind will have a stand.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Paul, I wish! Not this time. Maybe next year.

BTW, I am currently reading "Small But Deadly" and I love it!

Reading, PA... I was born in Bryn Mawr, PA and have a lot of relatives who live in West Chester.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yes, saw your post elsewhere Smile

West Chester is a nice place, did a gig for Ameriprize there the other year, and currently work occasionally at a restaurant not too far from there in Exton with other magicians, on a Monday night.

Paul.
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
212 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Born in Bryn Mawr...that's right down the street from me. When did you move out Cameron? Tannen's Magic Camp is now held at Bryn Mawr College.

Marc DeSouza
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Marc, wow, had no idea you lived in that neck of the woods. I was born there and lived in West Chester for the first year or two of my life. Lived other places for a while and returned to West Chester to go to college in the early nineties. Then moved to DC. Wasn't doing too much magic then, just the occasional birthday party.

BTW, guys, I just saw the finished dvds and although I cannot review my own stuff, I will say that the stuff I had nothing to do with: camera work, lighting, editing, music, F/X are like nothing I've seen before in a magic dvd. Top notch stuff from the BBM guys. The heart of the dvd is the magic, practical close up effects, but the dressing is fantastic!
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1546 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Good to hear that Cameron.I'm looking forward to hearing what is actually on the set.I found the trailer to be incredibly annoying!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
252 Posts

Profile of ozman
Rockers - head on over to http://www.theomegamutation.com/ to see clips of TWO effects from The Omega Mutation project.

you can see 'Cagey' and 'Seperation Anxiety'!

niiiiiiiiiiiiice!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Omega Mutation DVD Set (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL