The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Standardizing sound volume using MP 3 Tech? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I have just started using the MP3 Tech along with a Mackie SRM 150 and was wondering what folks did to standardize the volume between the various mp3 tracks. I have some that are a little bit louder and some that I can't hear at all. They show up on the LCD remote display as being present on the SD card and they play when I use the MP 3 Tech software using the preview function on the computer. Despite this I have two sound effect tracks that I'd like to use with my Doty Scope (a slide up and then slide down right after using the World's Greatest Kid pre-show announcement). I'm really happy about this pre-show bit and would like to be able to add it to the show so any
info you could provide would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

jeff
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Jeff,

If you have some sound editing software (I use Acid... - the program, not the substance) you can adjust the volume that the tracks are recorded at. That way, they will play louder. Of course another less desirable option would be to turn up the volume during those tracks using the MP3 Tech remote...

Lyndel
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
If you can afford it, get Adobe Audition. I absolutely love it for audio editing. (This used to be called "Cool Edit Pro" before Adobe bought it)

The cheapest option though is Audacity. It's free and you can adjust the volume of the track and re-export it pretty easily.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Lastly, if you have an MP3 Tech, I'm pretty sure you can adjust volume in the MP3 Tech software. I think it's in the "Advanced Options" for the track.

I would still reccomend editing the track in a software program like Acid, Audition, or Audacity though.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Thanks for all of your help guys...old guy trying to keep up with technology. My 9 year old daughter is pretty much in charge of the remote and anything electronic in the household.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Standardizing sound volume using MP 3 Tech? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL