The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » David Blaine Copyright (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 21:53, Todd Robbins wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 20:27, egregor wrote:
Why is someone working with evangelical television posting in a forum where the occult is the most popular topic?

For some of us, there is nothing more bizarre than evangelical television.

YUP!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
There seem to be no brick walls separating rooms in the Café…

And, good magic is good magic,
and bad magic is bad magic,
whatever the "flavor".

I post in several favorite sections,
and not a few posts in this thread have been truly bizarre...

There is a smaller gap than one might imagine or wish
between Gospel Magic and Bizarre Magick, on either side <grin>.

This is where the question landed,
this is where we deal with it, until it is moved if ever.

Why would a somewhat respected working professional bizarre magician bother with this?

Because these young guys are Magic's (capitol M) future
and I feel I have a responsibility in helping to shape that future
into something where art and ethics are valued.

My two-cents,
Walt
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 21:53, Todd Robbins wrote:

lol True. Those guys are scarier than satanists. Especially when they cry on the air while simultaneously scheming up a multimillion dollar empire. But I digress..

But yeah, why this post post even here? It's an odd choice of section.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
First of all, this post did not "Land" here. Copperfieldian purposely searched out this area of the forum as noted by Todd Robbins almost immediatly when he stated that he already responded to this question posted elsewhere on the Café.
If you search past posts, you will notice that the majority of posters here at the Café in the Bizarre section are in full agreement that what David Blaine does is "NOT" good magic and anyone emulating him would be considered "Not" a good magician.
Furthermore, this is clearly marked, The Spooky, The Mysterious, The Bizarre. Anyone of the minutest bit of logic would have to ask themselves if a copyright question concerning Blaine, who is not a bizarrist would post a question here. Why would it not be posted in street magic.
Lastly the question was answered quickly. When this poster did not like the responses or being called a Newbie, he proceeded to try and impress us with his lengthy credentials concerning his vast history of magic, at the ripe old age of 18. But there's something wrong with me, Right?
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Copperfieldian
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Copperfieldian
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you're talking about the likes of Benny Hinn and other so called "faith healers". I agree completely. And yes... I can't stand that screaming and crying either. But not all evangelical channels are like that.

Certainly I didn't scream and cry during my magic... but now that I'm thinking about it, it might have added that extra spookines to the act? Smile
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
Quote:
On 2008-01-24 15:23, Copperfieldian wrote:

Certainly I didn't scream and cry during my magic...

...that was me.

Just joking! Smile sorry, I had to!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
For much of the public, David Blaine is spooky, mysterious and bizarre. And for many of us in the Café, Blaine does not do street magic. He does magic on the street on TV. Gazzo, Cellini and Sheridan do street magic.
levitatingace
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of levitatingace
Quote:
On 2008-01-25 15:08, Todd Robbins wrote:
For much of the public, David Blaine is spooky, mysterious and bizarre. And for many of us in the Caf�, Blaine does not do street magic. He does magic on the street on TV. Gazzo, Cellini and Sheridan do street magic.

Mr. Robbins, you are completely correct. Like many magicians, I feel that term was stolen from the real street performers.

on a more topical note, I know how it feels to be a young magician, and aspire to fame while at the same time want to do right by the magic community. As we have seen time and time again, the former can often take priority over the latter, or sometimes prohibit it.
I cannot say I agree with "Copperfieldian" but I must also say that we should all (and this may sound pompous coming from someone under 20) think about being young and wanting the same fruits out of magic that the originator of this topic seems to want.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » David Blaine Copyright (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL