The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Luna" (outlaw effects) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
The Paranormal shows I do are usually about 15 people. They have been as many as 25, but 15 keeps it a shared experience. I've done that show for as few as 6 people as well.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I love LUNA. I have a nice 'dark' powerpoint presenation as I lead into the effect. If you have good acting ability, I agree with David, you have a very powerful emotional experience.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I see now the power of 1935. The fact that it links with 1934 & '36 is incredible, but just a stand-alone act with 1935 is stunning! I still have to study 1934, but I think I'm gonna stick with 1935 for now, until I have it down. Smile

Doug
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2012-09-12 08:34, David Thiel wrote:
The Paranormal shows I do are usually about 15 people. They have been as many as 25, but 15 keeps it a shared experience. I've done that show for as few as 6 people as well.

David

Thanks.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I have 34, 35 and 36, as well as Lillian. I use 34, 35 and 36 in large stage shows. I haven't tried Lillian in a large setting yet. However, 34,35,and 36 play very well and definitely get the haunted feel, especially with the eerie background music. I also employ "Departed" and "Chiller" in the performance.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Drop down to the Cellar,and check out the "For Your Eyes Only" thread, in 'Spooky' !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I hope you are sleeping well. I can feel the spirits a comin.........Garrrrrry. It's dangerous to spend too much time inside the crypt and even moreso when one is steeped in the ways of evil materialism. Good luck Smile
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I just performed Luna 1935 at a dinner party, it's one of the strongest effects in my act, though I typically use it in smaller settings (as the power of it is reinforced when people can flip through the book, see its "age" and verify that the room occupants are different from page to page). I homed in on a couple that had experiences with a professional psychic, prior to the show, to read the patient logs, as I knew the reaction would be strong. Though I had made clear that I was not a psychic and that there were no psychic abilities involved in anything I did. Partway through the reveal, the lady started screaming. Lol. It was like an L&L Publishing moment.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
With these books, I always pass them around for a looksee. They will easily pass inspection. For that reason, I perform something like Luna towards the middle or end of a set so that there is time to pass around before actually using it.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well, friends, I performed L*n@ last night for ten people at a friend's house. I did 1936, since that one I have done for one other person. Wow. This is NOTHING like performing magic...

I had a girl as a sitter, about 21/22 yrs old. We got the insane guy. When I described the scared girl next door, she froze up. Hmmm. OK, I kept going, and when I got to the name, she got up and left the room. Someone else took the book and I finished.

Later the owner of the house took me aside, and asked me if what I did was for real. I told him it was purely entertainment. Well, apparently she had left, extremely disturbed someone could get inside her head like that. Hey, the girl seemed edgy from the start, but that made the show!

The rest were all talking excitedly when I returned. None of them had ever seen anything like that in person. This is a good crowd for this type of effect. A couple people asked me for a personal reading! I explained that it was all pure entertainment, and I don't do readings. "It was FOR REAL, Dude! No WAY could you have known all that from 500 people!" That was another girl who was shaken.

"You never even LOOKED at the book! C'mon, man...don't .bullsh*t us!" I guess I have to just play along! Wow. Wait until I put a Spirit Bell together! Tim W. is going to help me with this. I have an idea or two he has to help me with. Then...gosh. Will that be too much? Heck L*n@ 1936 blew them away...I still have 1934 & '35 to get down.

L*n@ is more than worth the $200 I spent for the three books! Heck, just the 1936 did this. I'm going to Boston next week to visit my sister. Maybe I'll take L*n@ along... Smile

Doug
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Add Pearly Gates for a lead in when you have a chance.......mmmmm maybe not. Perhaps specs will be getting up and leaving before you get to Luna. Make sure thet are seated and apparently stable before you begin. Fun....isn't it, this mentalism.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Can't wait for my 1935 to arrive !
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-09-16 13:06, aligator wrote:
Add P*@rly G@tes for a lead in when you have a chance...mmmmm maybe not. Perhaps specs will be getting up and leaving before you get to Luna.

P*@rly G@tes is my next 0utl@w purchase! Yeah, I can see now, where one has to be sensitive to the beliefs of others. Getting them emotionally involved is one thing. Terrifying them is another. I do not wish to terrify anyone. I'd be in a deeper Bizarre mode if I did. Seances/ghost tapping, etc.

Making the sitter or spectator (in L*n@) the "star" of the show is essential, or you end up looking egotistical. It bothered the girl last night that I was actually able to "read her thoughts". She was worried what else I might know about her now (?)!

Quote:
Make sure they are seated and apparently stable before you begin.

Yeah, and I try to explain this is all entertainment, and that they are participating in an experiment to see how in touch we are with each other, mentally. Ha! May as well throw that out the window...they were convinced it was real! Smile

Quote:
Fun....isn't it, this mentalism.

I love it! I have so many ideas right now, my head is spinning! The Spirit Bell is next. After I buy P*@rly G@tes, I'm gonna have Tim W. work with me on my own idea. Hopefully I can pull this off. I have a feeling I'm gonna get a call from my friend to come and do this again. That's why I have to get 1935 & '34 down pat. I'm gonna see how it goes at my sister's next week. At least six people will be there.

Doug
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
I received my copy of Luna '35 about 4 hours ago.

I can honestly say that I've never been happier with a purchase in my life. I emailed Outlaw just to tell them that. It looks THAT good. It even smells old.

I hold it with a sort of reverence; I realize how much power lies between the covers. I look forward to my first performance with it.

The memorization is quite easy, if you're wondering. In a day or two you'll have it down. Maybe less. Obviously presentation and scripting (if you choose to script it; it works well jazzed I've heard) take a lot longer. As far as just the pure memory goes- simple.

I keep finding myself pulling it out of my bizarre box every ten or twenty minutes just to hold it. And the So Dark manual: I read all 100+ pages cover to cover in about 40 min. It just makes you more excited to perform it.

Outlaw Effects could easily be charging way more for these books.

Congratulations to anyone who owns Luna. That's all I have to say.

PS I also received a Carnie Tarot. I just placed an order for a second one. Enough said Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Bobby!

Welcome to the Café! What you have in your hands is cutting edge! Are you gonna get 1934 & 36? Also look at P*@rly G@tes, as it goes right along with it. As you can see I got quite a stir from my first performance.

These books LITERALLY saved me from ending forty years of magic. I have HAD it with the Masked Magician, YouTube, and sadly, Google. Transforming into the Bizarre/Mentalism genre is the only place left for me to go. I'm tired of flashy boxes, tubes and church-collection bags to make magic.

Welcome to L*n@! I code it that way to prevent Google from hitting. Thanks for posting! Smile

Doug
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Thanks, Doug! Same thing happened to me. I still fiddle with cards for my own pleasure, but I was sick of saying "Pick a card." and all the nerdy connotations that go along with it. It got to the point where I was too embarassed to say I did magic. I was looking for a way to do magic where the audience didn't think of it as magic. That's where bizarre magic came in for me. The first time I tried a dead/alive test from Anneman on someone, I was hooked. That one reaction was 1000x better than anything I'd gotten with close-up magic.
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
LVN@ is the coolest thing I've ever seen. You can have no problems convincing people you're legitimately psychic if you wanted to ():-) I haven't even seen my copy but reading the SoDark manual definitely has me excited about it. I just ordered PG as well the other day so I'm excited to see how those fit together. Who knows, maybe I'll actually perform it for a small group one of these days and be legit LOL

I'd also love to do something with WA and the Dark Dawn Tarot, maybe some fortune telling "for entertainment purposes only" ;-) I run events for my student council, I wish I had heard about this stuff sooner, I could have put together a little hallowe'en carnival or something. Ah well, file that away for a later day. With the gemstones and crystal ball props, it could be something really cool.

I also got some interesting background props for LVn@: an old wooden box, photos of 1920s/30s people including a nurse and a sad-looking woman in her 30s, and a 1935 British nursing dictionary. I think they can really add to the effect, like it's the nurse's box from CHMH that I got on an online auction (since my friends/family know I'm always buying old books and stuff on ebay and etsy).

Cool stuff!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well, guys! I performed 1935 & 36 at my sister's. It was phenomenal! I kept it simple, and "played up the act", so to speak.

I acted shocked at discovering the horror next door and so forth. I had to sit down a couple of times because the info was so shocking! My sisters were both blown away, but my brother-in-law was dumbfounded! He had one book, and his wife (my other sister) had the other.

I heard them talking in the bedroom that night. He said he no longer thinks of me the same (!). "Everything he said was RIGHT! You can't fake that, there was too much info, in TWO different books! Is he possessed or something?" Ha ha! They are both staunch Catholics. She said that it scared her. "You see this on TV all the time. This was real life! And my own brother!"

My other sister and her husbamd just sat there open-mouthed. She did not even want to talk about it later. Her husband said he thorougholy enjoyed it. So...a very successful night! I still have to get 1934 down now!

Thank you Outl@w! Smile

Doug
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I just broke down and ordered 1935. I can't hardly wait!

-Max
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Mine has just arrived, it looks very very authentic. Going to get reading now......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Luna" (outlaw effects) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL