The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Please pray for me and my family brothers and sisters. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Hey guys,
I am leaving for the SCAM convention in SC in like 10 minutes. Please pray for my safety there and back its like 9hrs and 4 min, for my wife and children and their protection while I am gone, that the trip would be fruitful financially but more important for the Kingdom of God, that I would be able to share the message of Christ with someone on the trip and my life would be a light to those who do not know Him.

God bless you all,
Justin N. Miller
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Justin,

Praying for you and your family. Since you've placed yourself in His hands, I'm sure the Lord will watch over and use you and yours to His glory. Smile

God bless.

Dave
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Justin,
Bless your travels!
John Tudor
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
God helps them who help themselves

Have a safe and profitable journey
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
housermagic
View Profile
New user
In the mountains
71 Posts

Profile of housermagic
Justin,
Our thoughts and prayers wre with you and yours, Sorry that we won't make SCAM again this year. It would be great to see you again - maybe at Bristol in June.
Bill
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Prayin for ya Justin.

Ethan
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 11:03, Payne wrote:
God helps them who help themselves


Payne...who said that?
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 11:03, Payne wrote:
God helps them who help themselves



Payne:

Where'd you come up with that one? I don't seem to remember Justin mentioning his looking to Ben Franklin for help here.

I've found that God helps those who can't help themselves!

Romans 5:6 - You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

That's what the concept of God's "grace" is all about.

Justin:

"Flame on!"

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2548 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 11:03, Payne wrote:
God helps them who help themselves

Have a safe and profitable journey


That's actually an old proverb of sorts. The only place in scripture that might come close to that is Judges 7:20. The Lord didn't need Gideon but used him.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
David McCall
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of David McCall
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 09:08, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Hey guys,
I am leaving for the SCAM convention in SC in like 10 minutes. Please pray for my safety there and back its like 9hrs and 4 min, for my wife and children and their protection while I am gone, that the trip would be fruitful financially but more important for the Kingdom of God, that I would be able to share the message of Christ with someone on the trip and my life would be a light to those who do not know Him.

God bless you all,
Justin N. Miller


Sure thing. Best wishes for you and your family.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2548 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 09:08, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Hey guys,
I am leaving for the SCAM convention in SC in like 10 minutes. Please pray for my safety there and back its like 9hrs and 4 min, for my wife and children and their protection while I am gone, that the trip would be fruitful financially but more important for the Kingdom of God, that I would be able to share the message of Christ with someone on the trip and my life would be a light to those who do not know Him.

God bless you all,
Justin N. Miller


Justin, our thoughts and prayers are with you!
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1965 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Thanks for sharing what's in your heart Justin, I will indeed be praying that you are sensitive to the Lord's leading as opportunities come up at the convention for you to share Christ. And that you are rewarded in finances.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Justin:

I will pray for you and your family and that, above all else, the Lord will be glorified through it all.

Ron
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
That's actually an old proverb of sorts.

More specifically, it's a rewording of the moral from Aesop's fable, "Heracles and the Driver." And, yes, it's 180 degrees away from the message of Judeo-Christian beliefs.
http://www.mythfolklore.net/aesopica/oxford/481.htm
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Justin,

I'll be praying for you and your family today. May God use you in an incredible way as you share the law and the gospel to someone who God puts in your path.

Like Terry said, "Flame On!" brother Justin, Flame On!!!

Joe

for some great evangelism resources and training:
http://www.wayofthemaster.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 16:49, Terry Owens wrote:

Payne...who said that?



One of the founders of our nation Benjamin Franklin. Many people mistakenly believe that it is a quote from the Bible.
It reminds me of the old joke about the guy who is trapped on his rooftop by a flood.
A helicopter comes by to rescue him but he declines the help saying :god will save me"
Next a powerboat comes to his aid but again he refuses insisting that "God will save me"
Finally a man rowing a boat comes by and tells the man to jump in or he will surely die.
"No thanks" the man says once more "God will Save me"
The flood waters rise and the man drowns.
When he stands before god he asks "Why didn't you save me?"
"Save you" the Lord says "I sent you a helicopter, A powerboat and a dinghy! What more do you want?"

Thus the Lord helps those that help themselves
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2008-01-18 18:37, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 16:49, Terry Owens wrote:

Payne...who said that?



One of the founders of our nation Benjamin Franklin. Many people mistakenly believe that it is a quote from the Bible.
It reminds me of the old joke about the guy who is trapped on his rooftop by a flood.
A helicopter comes by to rescue him but he declines the help saying :god will save me"
Next a powerboat comes to his aid but again he refuses insisting that "God will save me"
Finally a man rowing a boat comes by and tells the man to jump in or he will surely die.
"No thanks" the man says once more "God will Save me"
The flood waters rise and the man drowns.
When he stands before god he asks "Why didn't you save me?"
"Save you" the Lord says "I sent you a helicopter, A powerboat and a dinghy! What more do you want?"

Thus the Lord helps those that help themselves


Not quite!

The moral to the story is the man simply didn't recognize God's method. God doesn't always work as we think He should and manifest Himself to us in the way we want.

Sometimes people are looking for proof of God through what they consider to be the miraculous (the "earthquake" kinds of things). Sometimes God is in the "gentle whisper" (1 Kings 19:12).

Sometimes people are looking for proof of God when God has already given the proof through the world around them (Psalm 19:1 - "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands").

It's just that they are like the man in the story, and they have their own agenda!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-01-18 19:34, Terry Holley wrote:

The moral to the story is the man simply didn't recognize God's method. God doesn't always work as we think He should and manifest Himself to us in the way we want.



Or you could see the moral of the tale as God will always give one the opportunity to make the right choice in any given situation. Hence he helps those who help themselves.
Those who choose to not avail themselves of these opportunities in favour of more divine intervention will find themselves in a pickle.

But this is far off the subject and hopefully Justin has made his journey safely
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2008-01-19 01:22, Payne wrote:

But this is far off the subject and hopefully Justin has made his journey safely


Now that we agree on!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
295 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
Bro wishing you the best talk to you when you get backsave travels.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Please pray for me and my family brothers and sisters. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL