The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill in lemon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rob101
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of rob101
OK, I give up! I have no idea!
Can somebody please recommend a good 'signed bill to lemon' effect (DVD or written).
I would love this effect to go together a card/bill thing I'm working on. But unfortunately I cannot work out how its done (and that feels great by the way).

Thanks

Rob
Kardenni
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando Florida
116 Posts

Profile of Kardenni
Rob, Go check out John Carney.... If it's not the best it definitely is one of the best.

Michael Ammar also has some great bill to impossible location routines on his Easy to Master Money Miracles. I don't remember off hand which volume but all three have solid material on them!

-Dennis
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
I haven't seen the Carney version yet, but you should definitely check out the version Bill Malone uses on one of his "On The Loose" DVDs.
Simply great!!
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
I´m not sure, but I think there´s a version in cellinis productions (i´m sure it´s superior!) and one of my favorite versions comes from manuel muerte and it´s on his dvd done by misdirection. the dvd is very entertaining anyway, so go for it Smile

axel
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Oh, if it makes no difference to you in what kind of fruit or vegetable your signed bill is transposed ( Smile ) try carl cloutiers bill in kiwi. very fine, clean, smooth handling! one fine point: I think to remember you have to wear a jacket for this version. manuel muertes version, you can perform almost naked..if you want...it´s not necessary...

axel
accolombel
View Profile
New user
seattle
82 Posts

Profile of accolombel
Another good bill in lemon is from Barrie Richardson's book "Theater of the Mind"

Good book to get.

Craig
craig colombel
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
...Thank you craig! How could I possibly have forgotten that version?! I just looked it up again! Besides the other first-class-miracles in ToM that version is worth looking up and studying!
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
Man, I want to perform Barrie Richardson's version, but there's one part that seems a little risky (at least for me)... He actually mentions in his book that this particular part shouldn't worry us, but I gave it the wife test and she looked at me like, "yeah, right".

So, for now, I'm in the process of learning the version that is taught in Mark Wilson's "Cyclopedia of Magic". The bill is verified by the serial number. It's a fantastic and simple version.

Rudy
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of jcroop
Don't forget Doc Eason's version!
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2008-01-18 16:28, nicd wrote:

I haven't seen the Carney version yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDetbiBfRX4
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-01-18 17:49, jcroop wrote:
Don't forget Doc Eason's version!

Doc uses Steve Spill's version. Steve will be the Café guest of honor this month.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Hello neomagic! Thank you for this link! I was not able to use sites like youtube for a long, long time (because of the settings of my firewall, which I didn´t really understand). But since last week I can watch the videos and I´m grateful for all hints to great magic-videoclips! And this one I like very much!
Another videoclip I saw was the advertising movie to joshua jays new dvd, where he performs a lent bill to spectators wallet (simon lovells wallet! under the eyes of rocco and another great one who I momentarily do not recall because I saw it just one time). very nice psychology especially for magicians, to fool magicians because he forces them to think in common but false directions more than once and finally hit them between the eyes. I was fooled.
rob101
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of rob101
Many thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'll go for Theater Of The Mind as it seem to have lots of material.

Just one more thing! One of my biggest loves is thinking of an effect, then making it work. As I said 'bill in lemon' fooled me so I've been thinking of a way I would/could do it. I have come up with a way that I would like to share and see what you think.
I promise I am not fishing here.
I have no fellow magicians living close to me and would just like to tell you my independent, idea. It seems to work though I have not tried it out, 'live' yet.
Maybe someone who knows some L to B effect could PM me? And I will share.

p.s

My kitchen is full of half oranges and lemons.

Thanks again
Rob
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
Just for the record, there is a "World's Greatest Magic" DVD out there by L&L covering the "Bill in Lemon" effect.
There you'll get quite a few performances and explanations by different artists using different methods.

NeoMagic, thanks for the link to the Carney performance. I really like it.
But in the end I still prefer the Malone version simply because it's a _signed_ bill to lemon which in my opinion is even stronger than the matching corner principle.

bye
Nic
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
For a simple, impromptu version of SIGN bill in lemon, check "Hunters Vitamin C" booklet by Rudy Hunter.
I like this best, since it is impromptu and cost only $9.95
You can find it here:
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-T......1811.htm

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Just a note I saw Barrie Richardson years ago fry a group of well informed magicians with his bill in lemon. Definitely worth checking out!

Gil Scott
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
One might also be interested in Richard Sanders' version that you can find in his "Close-Up Assassin" booklet/video set.

Or, on second thought DON'T check that one out...It is too good.

Corey
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
389 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Apropos Vitamin C: Larry Jennings has a corner-torn-card to orange routine in Stephen Minch's Neoclassics, just for the record.
(I know, it has been better posted on the old thread...)
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
All these versions:
Counterfeit Money - Bill Malone
Bill in the Lemon - Doc Eason
Bill to Orange - Fielding West
Card in the Lemon - J. J. Sanvert
Bill in Lemon - Ted Lesley

...can be learnt from "The World's Greatest - Bill In Lemon" DVD.
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=DV6787
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill in lemon! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL