The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Lite Flite original? Mellenium? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I'm interested in Lite Flite to add to my D'Lite act. I've done a pretty thorough search, and I think I understand most of the strengths and drawbacks of the product, but there's one thing that has me stumped.

There's "Lite Flite by Perry Maynard"
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/lite-flite......524.html

And "Amazing Lite-Flite (New Millenium Edition) by Perry Maynard"
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/amazing-li......389.html

Can anybody tell me the difference between these two products aside from one being $5.00 more expensive?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Bill
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I have owned this before and I think the only real difference is an updated package. I think you will like this, I know I had fun with it!
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I just bought the Amazing Lite Flight and have also been having fun with it.
Goes great with The Thing.
Not sure of the difference though.

Eric
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
165 Posts

Profile of limkris
I believe the original Lite Flite by the same creator is a red ball with non flashing red LED's inside.
The Millenium edition is a small yellow ball with flashing multicoloured LED's.
The Sorcery shop has a similar product. Their ad says you do not have to open the ball to make the LED's 'light up'.
I like this guy's hoop manoever a lot : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CvShAet5V9M.
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Kristof,
Thanks for the info, but are you positive that Millenium edition has flashing LEDs? None of the other info on the net suggests it, and Sorcery Manufacturing states that their Laser Flite is the only "multicolored light show." (Not that I believe advertising hype, it's just that I've done a lot of searching, and this is the first I'd heard of any Lite Flite with flashing LEDs.)

Multicolored or flashing LEDs aren't what I'm looking for. I'm actually looking for what's in your description of the original Lite Flite, although I'd like a switch to turn it on and off, but that doesn't seem to be commercially available. Too bad I don't have the skills to build my own.

I'd also heard that the gimmick that comes with the original version is borderline for something of the ball's weight and has a tendency to break. Might the Millenium edition come with a stronger version of the gimmick?

Anyway, thanks to everyone for responding so far.

Bill
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
165 Posts

Profile of limkris
The Millenium Edtion I have are flashing multicoloured LEd's.
The yellow ball is a opaque, so the light effect is somewhat dispersed.
The IT that comes with it looks like classic woolly nylon to me.
I use 2 or 3 strands at once and this works fine for me.
The DVD with the explanation is rather short but you can learn a lot by watching Maynard's routine.(Who is this guy by the way?)
After a while you know which manipulations cause the thread to break.
The Kevlar IT is a bit too shiny in my opinion.
Sorcery also has a 'Hoover ball'. Donnot know this product.
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Thanks Kristof! I just wanted to be sure. I'll go ahead and buy the original edition then.

As far as I can tell, Perry Maynard runs a Las Vegas magic shop (or someone else with the same name does). I tried to find an e-mail address for the shop or for him to ask him directly, but his shop doesn't seem to have its own web site, and I never found a personal e-mail address.

Thanks again,
Bill
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
165 Posts

Profile of limkris
What is 'The Thing' anyway? It does not show up in the Search Engine.
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
498 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Do a search in combination with "Bill Abbot," and you'll get some results worth reading. It's a self-contained levitation. That is what you mean, right Papasmurf?

I'm assuming that the size of the Lite Flite ball is roughly the same as the size of the "ball" used in The Thing. I can't afford The Thing yet although I've lusted after it in my heart.

Bill
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Yes Bill they are very similar in size.
I do the Lite Flite after the The Thing.

Eric
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3039 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I use Mesika's t****d with lite flight it never breaks use it over & over again very strong.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have the older version. Mine is an orange ball that seems to glow when it lights up. I like it a lot.

Regan
Mister Mystery
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
I am looking to float a red light to use with delite misers dream, pm me please.
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
165 Posts

Profile of limkris
They donnot have a red ball as far as I know, but you can put a red LED in the ball supplied with the routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Lite Flite original? Mellenium? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL