The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New "Birthday Performer" CD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Concerning John Carlson's course, I had a problem with one of the DVDs not working. I e-mailed John, to which he replied, and I got a replacement disk within a few days. So on that point, Ryan, I know you should have no fears (if you haven't already received replacements).

Frankly, I thought John's information was great and I recommend "Big Birthday Party Business." He had several marketing tips that I had either forgotten about or had not occurred to me. It is, as Donald mentioned, a bunch of little things done consistently that generate results.

There are copies of most, if not all, of John's Word and Publisher files in the included binder; so even if you don't have Microsoft Publisher, you do have examples for reference.

Just to be clear, I'm not making a dime off of this; but anyone wanting to build up their birthday business should at least give some consideration to John's course.

http://www.makemagicmoney.com/bigbirthday.html

See ya!
Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
I agree with Joe, lots of good info. And even if it gets you one show, it was worth the price.

My only criticism is the medium John chose. He has 2 DVDs and a cd-rom. I would of prefered a couple audio cds that I could listen to while in my car. The first DVD is him "on the road" doing shows, but most of it is him talking to you while he is driving, along with a few snippets of the show. He didn't really take advantage of the DVD format. He does 5 shows in a day. I would of liked to see him unload his car, set up his show, reset his show, pack it up, and load it back up again. 5 shows for me is a ton, and I would of liked to see his organizational skills.

The 2nd DVD is just him sitting in his office for 90 minutes. This really should of been an audio cd because there really isn't anything visual happening. He does show his booking form, and a couple marketing pieces, but that could of been included in his resource guide.

But even after all that, I still recommend this.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
After more study and talking with John it has improved a bit in my mind. However I still feel that Eric's course is more bang for buck. I too would have liked to have seen an actual show from walking in to leaving. That would have definitely added a lot more value and would have made the most out of the medium. We all have to interact with others in doing what we do and there just wasn’t enough of that in the video. But there are some good points in there that I haven’t thought of so I will try to implement them and see.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Interesting points raised about the DVD format. I personally like having the info on DVD a lot; I tend to tune out audio CDs of this sort. I guess my brain is weirdly wired.

See ya!
Joe Libby
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New "Birthday Performer" CD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL