The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Flip-M-Out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anyone get this download? Sounds very entertaining.

http://www.magicjax.com/newsite/flipout.html
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
It is quite good, and especially if you are looking for a great routine using a flipper coin.

A couple of the phases were printed in Power's book, "Power Plays."

Here is a link to a discussion about it on the Café:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159

RevJohn
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Yeah, the forum link that RevJohn posted has the info you seek.

It is worth the money.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I searched and couldn't find anything. THANK YOU very much for the link!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2747 Posts

Profile of John Long
I was looking at this yesterday, and was wondering how well this would work with a non-Schoolcraft flipper. I'm concern about setting my flipper so many times in front of an audience.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1525 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Flip M Out is a great routine! I've only played with it though. Never really put in the time it deserves. It does have a few BOLD moves, but it would have fooled the hell outta me if I had not read the description and saw it performed. ON the other hand, Eric Jones has an incredible looking routine in his lecture notes that is somewhat similar. but VERY different...if that makes sense at all. I saw Eric's live at a lecture and it's crazy! The man has some of the best sleight of hand I've ever seen.
RollyD
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of RollyD
The first two moves in Jaxon's routine(coin across in the spectators hands and then a penetration) are things of beauty! the third move requires strong misdirection which I am not good at. I am having a hard time following Eric's lecture notes without actually having seen the peformances. Wish he would post some performances so I would have a better idea of what I am supposed to be doing. I have been looking at several different routines to try to come up with a solid coin production followed by a 4 coins across effect (which definitely includes Ron's first two phases).
Rolly
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
610 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2008-02-03 15:50, John Long wrote:
I was looking at this yesterday, and was wondering how well this would work with a non-Schoolcraft flipper. I'm concern about setting my flipper so many times in front of an audience.

I have seen Ron perform this many, many times. He has used Johnson (or Sasco, can't recall) level an up to Lassen level of flipper coins. People will probbaly not notice anything if you do not call attention to it. He has left the coins on the table for a couple of minutes after performing it, and nobody even grabbed for the coins to examine them.

When you place it in your hand, you don't need to set it immediately. It is easier to set the coin as you are reaching for the next coin. Of course, it has been a long time since I have read through the notes he gave me, so I don't remember the exact sequence of moves, but just remember to not call special attention to that coin itself or when you set it.

Hope that helps.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2747 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks Tom

I think I remember reading on another thread that Ron preferred to not use the more expensive gaffs, in case they get dropped.

Meanwhile, I had dug my flipper out, and the band had disintegrated. It was a bit of a chore, pulling the piece out, cleaning it out, and then put it all back together with super glue.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
What do you guys think f the method to turn the Flipper coin into a Gravity Flipper?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Flip-M-Out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL