The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Magic assisted by computer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
Hello eveyone,

First, I apologize in advance if my request does not belong to the right topic.

Here we go : I'm working on a project with magic done on computer.
Instead of cards, dices, ropes or coins, a laptop + special softwares are used.

Most of my creations are already done, I'm now working on 2 points :
- Writing the manual
- Doing some researches before claiming any originality

Years ago, on Hank Lee’s website, I read a description of a japanese CD-ROM with magic E-tricks.
I'm unable to find the name today, can anyone help me please ?

Also, if you can provide any magician or book or creation that can help me in my research, that would be great!

Thanks again !
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Sorry brother... never heard of the Japanese CD-ROM, but I do know that many effects have been created for the computer already. For example, there are probably a hundred versions of the Princess Card Trick from Marlo converted to computer.

Here's one:
Think of a Card

Here's another online Trick:
Think of a Number
waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
Jstone,

Yeah, about the princess card trick, I thought it was time to give it a twist.
I hope you guys will like it.

Don't hesitate to give more sources of e-tricks please !

So far, I have came across :
* The Cesaral calculator (for windows)
* A french CD-ROM : 101 magic tricks (aimed for kids).
* Lior Manor - The 21st Century Knight Tour
* Nick Pudar's Stackview software (to explore different possibilities with stacked deck)
* "U Dor And D Weisberg - 4cast" trick

But I'm sure a lot are still missing !

No one for the japanese guy ?
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Alex Elmsley's "Mouse Magic" (1996)

Penn & Teller's "Smoke & Mirrors" for Sega-CD (unreleased):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_&_Tell......_Mirrors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfHUTBml0p4

Max Maven's "Max Magic" for Philips CD-i

Tenyo's "Cyber Conjurer":
http://www.magictalk.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?read=452

Hottrix has an assortment of software for doing magic on computers.
http://www.hottrix.com

Scott Imler's "Cyber Card"

Nintendo DS "Master of Illusion"

These would be a good starting point for your homework. And I suppose you could also research the many tricks utilizing VCR's (remember those?) or any other video platform. Their methods would probably translate reasonably well to computers.
waas
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of waas
Wow !
Thanks Craig Matsuoka !

Now I'm stressed about 2 points :
* Getting these (which will be quite hard)
* Praying that some of my creations are still original in some way (I did not want to start with this kind of research so that I won't be influenced or tempted to enhance an already existing trick).

Thanks guys !
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
With Cesaral magic Presentations you will be able to automate any magic trick done with a PC, so that the magician will not have to touch the PC keyboard or mouse.

It includes some great tricks as examples, incredible PC watch prediction, blow the candle trick, and so on...

I hope this helps!

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of Lior
I have many effects that I use a computer.

I did the tossed out deck with a PC and a big scree many years ago (1996)
in my TV show
other effects are pure computer magic: the PC reads your mind
but they are not the ususal magic you get on all the CD's

I will publish it all very soon
(Very soon = when I have time)
(Time= money)

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Alex Elmsley's "Mouse Magic", eight great effects using the computer. Mostly with cards but there's a couple of them that don't use cards. Brilliant, as most of Mr Elmsley's work.
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
I remember a website I came across years ago that had an interactive card reveal on it.

The basdic principle was that you were showing someone a trick, and duing the trick you navigated to this website. The website had a big START button on it. You clicked the button and the computer revealed your spectators card. If the spectator visited the website themselves then all it said was that the magic was currently broken, or turned off or somesuch.

It worked by you prompting the website the identity of the card by whereabouts on the START button you clicked.

Does anyone remember what the website location was...? I'd love to give it another go.

Rob
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Is it just me or does any one else have an absolute distaste for Pc/Ipod/Iphone/Web tricks? There is something about them that just smacks gimmicked/preprogrammed and so on. I work with Tech all day at a IT pro. I have tried the Princess card trick / think a number / card force reveal on lots of people amd it always falls flat with them ( and no its not my presentation). I think people give tech products more credit than is due and its seen as mechanical not magical.
its my Opinion
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Here's a great one - although it requires a confederate with access to the internet on a different computer within hearing distance of the spectator doing it:
http://amagictrick.com
The effect can be stunning, it's a great trick!

Here's a simple mathematical one:
http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/games/mag......tral.swf

If you google for "interactive magic trick" you will find many others.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 11:17, Robmonster wrote:
I remember a website I came across years ago that had an interactive card reveal on it.

The basdic principle was that you were showing someone a trick, and duing the trick you navigated to this website. The website had a big START button on it. You clicked the button and the computer revealed your spectators card. If the spectator visited the website themselves then all it said was that the magic was currently broken, or turned off or somesuch.

It worked by you prompting the website the identity of the card by whereabouts on the START button you clicked.

Does anyone remember what the website location was...? I'd love to give it another go.

Rob

This may be what you're remembering. It's excellent.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I first came across the i polygraph and the Internet Lie Detector (along with the Metascope mindreading screensaver) several years ago, and I'm glad to be reminded about them! They are truly worth exploring. The amagictrick.com site is a similar concept, but has the advantage that the spectator does all the work himself.
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Quote:
On 2008-02-22 15:25, Topov wrote:
........... The amagictrick.com site is a similar concept, but has the advantage that the spectator does all the work himself.

I don't understand this one. Is it a joke?

JC
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
No, it's not a joke, but the secret requires a confederate on another computer at the same time. The spectator does all the work in the sense that he does the browsing and clicking, which is obviously impossible with the I Polygraph and Internet Lie Detector. Scott Henderson is the person to contact for the secret of amagictrick.com.
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
At the 2007 Magic and Meaning Conference, there was some interesting performance pieces using a MAC by Seth Raphael (http://magicseth.com/). It was quite magical.
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
cigma_guy
View Profile
New user
Oregon, USA
12 Posts

Profile of cigma_guy
Fredrick,

Can you describe what you saw Magic Seth do?

Sounds very interesting!

Errin
Errin

---
See the world's FIRST 'virtual magic kit' for the iPhone and iPod touch -- www.TouchTricks.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Magic assisted by computer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL