We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pr and promotion ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kg2magic
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of kg2magic
Hi Joe.
Thanks for your response. That was pretty much my take on it also. For me it was an "I can't think of a better hook and I've got nothing to loose so I may as well try it."
Planning to spend some time on it today to see if I can come up with something better and then send it.
If it hits the press I'll let you know.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
After a lot of pressure, mostly from myself, I have finally tipped my Headline Prediction, HEAD: The headline prediction for the performer without the stones to make a real headline prediction. Now, in disposable e-book form.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20326 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well, nobody seems to think this, but this is not a one-stop fix.

First, yeah, get on, great.

What is the reason you SHOULD be on? That really is the question many are trying to answer, but usually have trouble with.

After you are on, what then? That is usually the more applicable question.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
717 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Free Publicity by Jeff Crilly
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
DJBrenton
View Profile
Regular user
Midlands, England
129 Posts

Profile of DJBrenton
One of the extra incentives for your piece to get used is a visual. By this I don't mean a publicity headshot, but a well taken shot of something visually interesting from your performance. I've worked many a festival and, invariably, the picture that appears in the newspapers is of the face painter with a child, a fire-breathing shot, or a stilt-walker. Why, because they're more visually interesting than most shots of magicians. Lots of shoppers/local newspapers may run a piece if it's sufficiently well written, it doesn't need editing, and comes with a picture worth using. Unless you have something quite large in your repertoire (head chop, Zig Zag, larger fire than is usual and safe), then your next hook is for the picture (and story) to be about someone else but including you (local mayor being amazed, etc.). Unfortunately, there isn't always such a person present at the event, but then, not every event has much potential for human interest. Part of the skill of PR is recognising what will be of interest and what won't and to whom.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Pr and promotion ideas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL