The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long time enthusiast - finally registered! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Hello friends in magic,

I'm an amateur who has lurked on the Café from time to time for several years, and I finally registered today. I live in Canada, and have had a long-standing interest in magic since my teens, when I stumbled across Garcia and Schindler's wonderful "Magic With Cards" (it includes gems like "Intuition", which I later discovered is better known as the classic "Out of This World"). I've never looked back, and have performed in informal settings for friends and acquaintances (and occasionally random strangers) for over 20 years, primarily aiming to entertain and delight others. I especially enjoy magic with cards, but also enjoy impromptu tricks with everyday objects. For the most part my arsenal of card tricks contains self-working tricks, and I owe a great deal to John Scarne's book on the subject. But my library also includes Mark Wilson's Course on Magic, Hugard's Royal Road, the Idiots & Dummies Guides (quite good on magic as a performing art), and a couple of Jay Sankey DVDs. In my professional career (not magic), I meet a lot of different people and often work with children and young adults, so I really enjoy those opportunities to entertain and hopefully share my love for magic with the next generation and encourage them to explore magic further by teaching them a simple trick or two. Of the performers I've seen on video, I've especially admired Tommy Wonder, Bill Malone, and David Copperfield.

But enough about me: I just wanted to say hello, and also take the opportunity to say thank you to the Magic Café community for the many, many posts I have benefited from in the past. Thank you to you all! I look forward to continuing to learn from you all, and making the occasional small contribution or post. I'd welcome any suggestions for where I should continue my journey and discovery of the wonderful world of magic.
Allan Luu
View Profile
New user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
23 Posts

Profile of Allan Luu
Hey,

Welcome to the Café, I am new as well, just signed up today in fact. I would really like to hear about some of your experiences in the real world, liek restaurant magic and what not. I am 16 and trieing to get into that field of magic just as a part-time job.

But enough said, welcome to the Café, pull up a chair and make yourself comfy Smile.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Welcome to The Café...the Garcia and Schindler book you mentioned is indeed full of gems.
Cardamagically,
Dom.
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Hello and welcome to the non-lurking side of the screen at the café, gregorytopov. I know you already know about all the great advice and information you can get by reading, now you can ask some direct questions or answer those of others. Great to have you here.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Welcome to the Café!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Topov,
I really detailed and nice resume indeed. Welldone !! Welcome to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 35.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Thanks for the welcome, I've already posted over 200 times in about two months, so I guess you could say I'm enjoying it here! Smile
I've already learned a lot from others and benefited immensely from the interaction, discussions, and exchanging of ideas. I look forward to many more magical cups of coffee at the Café!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long time enthusiast - finally registered! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL