The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Daniel Madison's blood marking system review wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Does anyone have this? How does it compare with others. I think my big question is how visible is it from a reasonable distance? Thanks in advance
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
I have it, I can't really compare to any other marking system as I haven't used any others. once you know how to do it it doesn't take very long to do an entire deck. it is fairly visible, depends on your eyesight I suppose, don't expect to do this if the card are multiple feet away from you though (i suppose it might be possible but not with my vision). if the cards are in your hands or you are doing closeup for someone and they are in their hands then you should be ok.

doesn't take too long to learn the system either, I made up the deck last week and just got around to learning the system last night and it only took maybe an hour of playing around with the cards, I guess I'll find out today if it stuck in my memory, hehe.

also it's a nice addition that it shows you have to mark 4 different deck designs, I'm using the first bike marking technique in the ebook, which I think is the best option.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Thanks for the input might have to pick this up
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
I've been exclusively carrying this deck with me since I learned the system, it's a black bike deck and it's been great. you can also use a blue or red or green bike deck but I haven't tried it with any other color.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
It's a nice deck for magic tricks. You can probably cheat your friends with it in gambling, but it won't pass the "cartoon" test. Holding it up to the light might be risky as well.

However, it's a nice marking system and the routines are good. It will take you 20-30 minutes per deck (to do nicely).
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
Anyone else have this?

I would really like to know how it compares to other marked decks. If it is more visible or not.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Hmmm... I'm having problems using the item to mark the deck. Going to the shops to pick up a new one, hopefully that will help. In terms of visibility... I'd say if you mark it well I doubt theres any real chance of the spectators knowing (assuming they're laymen).
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
It won't pass the cartoon test.
It's visible to the people in the know. If you use it for magic tricks and don't look like an idiot when peeking at the marks, it should be invisible
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Anyone else having problems with a blue deck?
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I haven't yet tried a blue deck, but I think it is a great concept and system. I marked up a black deck with no problems, I'll try a blue and let you know what happens.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
I have my blue back deck marked.
You just need a steady hand and patience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Daniel Madison's blood marking system review wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL