The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: A Real Turn On by Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Here's my review for "A Real Turn On" by Bob Solari.
First, the effect from the website...

=====

Performer removes a deck of cards from their case. The performer spreads the cards face up between his hands asking the spectator to pick a card. The performer turns his head away during the selection. The performer asks the spectator to sign his/her name across the selected card. With the performers head still turned away, the selected card is returned to the face up deck. The performer explains that it would be easy to find their card by just looking for a card with their signature on it. The performer explains that he has invented a deck that will find the selected card automatically. The performer turns the deck over. A light switch is seen on the back of the deck. The switch is turned on. A single card shoots out of the deck! The card is turned over. It is the selected card! This a guaranteed laugh getter. Quick reset, no skill required. Each unit is hand made and tested by me.

=====

I find the light switch is a genuine surprise for spectators because at the beginning of the trick, the cards are openly taken out of the card case and the spectator is asked to choose a face up card. There are lots of possibilities with the light switch theme and it really looks great! It's just like a regular light switch that you'd see at home except it's been constructed into a deck of cards. I don't know how Bob makes them but he does. Smile

The routine is easy enough to perform, requiring only a little bit of practice.
It's not completely self-working but the handling is well within the reach of a beginner. The main area of practice will be "preparing" the signed/selected card to shoot out of the deck. It's nothing complicated, and it's quickly taken care of while your back is turned to the spectator (while he/she is signing the card or even showing it around to other people). Everything fits well into the overall routine.

Personally, I like the premise of the effect given the magician has invented a way to automatically find a selected card. I also like the fact that once you flip the switch, there is a brief dramatic delay before the selected card shoots out. One thing to note too is that you can control how quickly you want the card to come out. It can be "shot out" quickly or it can slowly come out. The choice and control are yours.

The trick comes with a specially constructed deck of cards with light switch (blue), the special secret, and detailed instructions with pictures.

"A Real Turn On" was $25 at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com
http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/16-50.htm#arealturnon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: A Real Turn On by Bob Solari (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL