The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dreams (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
What was the craziest, most hilarious dream you've had that you can remember? For some reason, a good retelling of a dream gets me laughing. I will start.

I wanted to return to my old house to see what the new owners had done to it, so when I was in the neighbourhood I knocked on the door and asked to use the phone as an excuse to get a peek inside. Anyway, the woman who answers the door has black coat buttons for eyes. The whole inside of the house looks different and it is pretty dark. The woman leads me into my old living room where there is the fattest man I have ever seen and his son watching a clunky old TV set. She gets me a chair and tells me to sit and watch. For some reason I go along with it all.

Then, the father reaches under the TV and pulls out a bag of fresh Bubble Gum Lettuce or something. Now it finally dawns on me that something isn't right so I make a run for it out the front door. And when I looked back, my old house was gone.

I just thought of another that to this day makes me cringe.

I was at school, and for some reason was in the 5th grade and over 300 pounds in weight. Then a girl in the 8th grade developed a crush on me and I didn't know this until my friends found her diary and were reading it, rolling on the floor with laughter. Apparently she was vowing never to make fun of my weight by calling me Tubbykins or something. This officially freaked me out, so I decided to jump off the school. Now obviously, it's only logical that a 11 year old with the physique of a beach ball would BOUNCE right? So I lived, and hired bodyguards to keep the girl away from me.

Any crazy dreams???
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I dreamed I didn't post here, and then I woke up and realized it was only a dream.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
About 3 or 4 times a year I suffer from sleep paralysis.

The first time it ever happened I thought I was having some sort of alien abduction scenario or something. Utterly terrifying. These days I find the experience very interesting, but still very disconcerting...

Not a dream per se, but still related to the Land Of Nod, and it's denizens...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I recently (within the last month or so) dreamed that my wife was cheating on me. I left as usual for my weekly restaurant gig, but returned early to try to catch her in the act!

When I burst into the bedroom, sure enough there she was with another man - who for some reason had covered up his head with the blanket. I was stunned and hurt and said, said, "how could you!?"

Then I snatched the cover off the guy and it was a naked Mr Bean! (Rowan Atkinson) I was further shocked and again asked her how she could do this to me to which she replied, "I'm sorry, it's just that he's so much funnier than you are!" I had a gun in my hand but only had intended to scare the intruder, but when he made a goofy face at me (poking out his lips and bugging out his eyes), it pushed me over the edge and I shot him in the forehead.

Needless to say, I have not eaten Mexican food just before going to bed anymore since that dream! Nor have I enjoyed Mr. Bean's comedy in exactly the same way either... Smile

Lyndel
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I remember when I was about 6 or 7 and having this dream...

A crazy looking doctor with wild hair and an unkept beard. Piercing eyes and haunting voice. I remember he was doing vacinations for the school. In the make shift doctors office they had made for him in the school hall had large fishtank on a stand with lots of fish inside. I qued up with my classmates waiting for the injection. When it came to my turn I stared into the fishtank and something seemed rather unusual almost like I recognised the fish. He gave me the shot and I started feeling drowsy. He muttered something about being an experiment for him and I started shrinking smaller and smaller and my skin started to change...I started turning into a goldfish. He picked me up from within my clothes and I was flapping away and suffocating and he placed me into the fishtank...I think I awoke screaming...
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Wow, great dreams everybody!

Throughout the years of experimentation, I have discovered effective ways to get out of a dream: Simply, find the nearest high-rise object and jump off, such as a cliff or a skyscraper. As you are fallingm your dream also causes the snesation of falling which is also a very uncomfortable stomach feeling, and will inevitably wake you up. You will also often feel as though you are falling as you are just waking up as well.

Remember, just JUMP!

Any thoughts or other crazy dreams?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My craziest dream that I can remember...

I'm in school. It makes perfect sense that "school" is in a swimming pool with all the students floating in inner tubes. One of the students is reading in such a deadpan, emotionless manner that I know when my turn comes (and I know I'm next) I'm going to blow them out of the water. I can't see the teacher, but I can hear his voice behind some ferns. He says; "Turn to duh duh duh."

I say; "I'm sorry, I didn't hear that."

"Turn to duh duh duh."

"I didn't hear the page! Please tell me again!"

"Turn to duh duh duh."

I'm panicing at this point. "I'm sorry! I can't hear what page you're saying! All I hear is 'duh duh duh.' What page are we on?"

"Turn to duh duh duh."

I woke up in a cold sweat at this point to hear my baby daughter in her crib (which was next to our bed) breathing. Every exhale came out as "duh duh duh"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
On 2008-01-26 06:29, gaddy wrote:

The first time it ever happened I thought I was having some sort of alien abduction scenario or something. Utterly terrifying. These days I find the experience very interesting, but still very disconcerting...

This happens to me ALL the time. You can open your eyes, look around the room, and not be able to move. I can close my eyes and actually step out of me body and carefully walk around my room touching my computer desk and the door. But right when I open my eyes, I'm back in my bed unable to move (instantly), You experience auditory and mild visual hallucinations because you are half asleep, and you can actually make yourself slip into a dream and be able to control it (lucid dreaming).

I feel very lucky to have this because lucid dreams are AMAZING. You can go anywhere, do anything and it feels absolutely real... (I always choose to fly over oceans and fields).
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but a year ago I woke up in my room but it felt as if I was tied down by ropes and I couldn't move. It was incredibly scary!

Has anyone ever had an OBE? I did and it was absolutely incredible.

When I was young though, I used to have a recurring dream where I would be running down my hallway. When I got closer to the stairs I saw a sock on the ground. In the first dream I ignored the sock but got sucked within the sock. I was spewed onto a flatbed truck which I couldn't get off of. Apparently I was being kidnapped. When I was young that was the scariest dream... I look back now and laugh at it!

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-01-27 19:29, Clock wrote:
Quote:

This happens to me ALL the time. You can open your eyes, look around the room, and not be able to move. I can close my eyes and actually step out of me body and carefully walk around my room touching my computer desk and the door. But right when I open my eyes, I'm back in my bed unable to move (instantly), You experience auditory and mild visual hallucinations because you are half asleep, and you can actually make yourself slip into a dream and be able to control it (lucid dreaming).

I feel very lucky to have this because lucid dreams are AMAZING. You can go anywhere, do anything and it feels absolutely real... (I always choose to fly over oceans and fields).

This is the beginning of a series of strips about a cat/person playing a computer game to the point where it enters his lucid dream state.

http://www.catenamanor.com/comics/07/20070108.html
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dreams (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL