The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Lie Detector TW3000 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Does anyone have this new Tim Wisseman item from Hocus Pocus? How different is it from the Baxt Lie Detector and others (same general routine, one has to imagine, right?). Wisseman's done some great items (read the rave threads on the Café about the Remote Vision Die and Remote Vision Cube), but can this one be as original, reliable, and well-made as those?
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Paul Gross, myself, and Robert Baxt are all friends we where all at the Hocus-Pocus swap meet last weekend.

There is current not any cool looking lie detectors for sell right now. So I put this one together for Hocus Pocus. Yes, you can buy a spaghetti strainer one that goes on the head and looks really funny, but it tends to be a bit top heavy and falls of the head and break. The Baxt lie detector is great, it comes with a great routine, however it is a lantern. That is a little funny, but that is the point it is a funny prop.

The TW3000 does not include a routine, you have to make up your own routine that fits your act.

The TW3000 includes a toe switch connected to a radio transmitter with a 100 foot range, you can hide the whole thing in your sock and work it hands free.

The Baxt machine does not use a radio remote, it uses something else that requires the use of your hand and line of sight.

The TW3000 is in a real metal tool case, the two panels for the lights and switches are 1/8 think plastic panels machined on a CNC machine and the whole thing is screwed together using metal brackets and machine screws. It has a CPU in its core that runs a program (that I wrote myself) that controls the lights, causes the buzzer to trigger for 1 second and then cut off. The lights also flash wildly just after a lie is told and over time they slowly "cool" off to a more normal set of flashes. If anything ever goes wrong with it you know where to find me. I will fix it free of charge.

People that see the TW3000 will not be completely sure if it is or is not the real thing. . . It actually scares some people. . .

Tim
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I beg to differ about the operation of the Baxt Lie Detector Lantern. It does, indeed use a radio remote, and since it's RF, line of sight isn't necessary.

Also, I think there is another lie detector out there that's very similar to yours. I own one. It's from Nelson, I believe. Uses a finger strap, light and buzzer and has the toe switch. MUCH smaller than yours, though, so it would be more applicable to closeup use than stage use. Very portable, fits into your jacket pocket.

Yours is very nice, and the case is a nice addition to making the lie detector look more realistic!

Steve
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Opps my mistake, sorry about that.

Tim Wisseman
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have a Lie Detector which I bought a few years ago but I can't remember who made it.
It is an aluminum box with a red light and a buzzer. It is attached to an inverted strainer bowl and best of all, it comes with a smoke machine which is hidden in an "Altoids" cough drop candy container at the back of the aluminum box. It is also controlled with a small remote. It is powered by 8 "C" size alkaline batteries which are exposed on the sides.
It looks like a "bomb machine" when I introduce it unattached to the strainer.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Lou Hilario,
you may be refering to the Kasner lie detector. I also have this one and love it. I agree with cocomax that it can be top heavy so I put a helmet strap on it. I looked at the baxter but I ended up going with the Kasner. IMO this is what people picture as something goofy that someone would put together in their garage and call it a lie detector.

http://webpages.atlanticbb.net/~takasner......ethp.htm
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
WELL...I see how this could be a TAD top-heavy. Like having a brick on top of your head!

Steve
liberty
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of liberty
Quote:
On 2008-01-28 08:45, ggarcia wrote:
Lou Hilario,
you may be refering to the Kasner lie detector. I also have this one and love it. I agree with cocomax that it can be top heavy so I put a helmet strap on it. I looked at the baxter but I ended up going with the Kasner. IMO this is what people picture as something goofy that someone would put together in their garage and call it a lie detector.

http://webpages.atlanticbb.net/~takasner......ethp.htm

I actually really like this - looks like a lot of fun!
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
Anyone get one of these yet?
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Ggarcia, you are right, it is a Kasner lie detector.
In my opinion, this version is funnier. Yes, it is as heavy as a brick, but so far, I had never run into any complaints from my volunteers. The only problem is the smoke generator keeps burning out and I had to replace it several times.

For the TW300 version, do you think this would look funny attaching to a volunteer's finger, I think not.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
If I didn't travel much, I'd pick one up. I can see aiport security asking me 4,000,000 questions abou this when they find it going through X-Rays. It looks like a really nice prop though.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
whoton
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of whoton
I have recently received this and I love it. Beautifully made and very very cool looking. Id reccomend it to anyone looking to put some serious comedy (..yes I know) into their act.
Magicgeek
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek
Can someone describe the lie detector trick to me..sounds interesting
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
It's not a trick, it's a machine that acts as a lie detector. You make up your own trick that goes with it. You control when the machine detects a lie so based on their answers, you can make the machine act accordingly.
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
I know this post is old, however I recently got a TW Lie detector.
This is a great tool! What I like is that it borders on the absurd, and yet is plausible.
The flashy lights, wrist strap, it is like something I would of made in the basement.
I use this in conjunction with a mind reading routine. I start it off with comedy, with me being the target of the joke.
When the volunteer gets involved the routine gets very funny. what I find very interesting with this is the audience begins to believe in the machine.

Beyond the exceptional prop, Tim Wisseman is an exceptional craftsman who stands behind and way beyond his work. The customer service I have received from him has set a new standard of excellence.

Arthur Atsma
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
MT
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of MT
If this tw3000 doesn't come with a script where can we get one?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 20:06, MT wrote:
If this tw3000 doesn't come with a script where can we get one?

From your creative mind Smile I think it was posted somewhere in the thread but what you are buying is more of a performing "tool". As far as a script goes, that's up to your imagination which enables you to customize it to who you are as a performer. I'm sure you could find someone to write a script for you but IMO, that's what being a performer is all about, being you. When ever I find a new "tool", the most challenging part can be the script but that's what makes it unique and separates yourself from other performers.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Just thinking of adding a lie detector to my comedy shows here in uk.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
"...When ever I find a new 'tool,' the most challenging part can be the script but that's what makes it unique and separates yourself from other performers...."

Darren

Bingo.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I agree but......the Baxt lantern model came with a script of some funny questions that can act as a springboard for some of your own.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Lie Detector TW3000 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL