The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Routines/Effects with GIANT cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Does anyone here know of, or do any routines/effects that employ GIANT cards... any size bigger than the normal jumbo cards? I know about the Giant B'Wave, and I perform that one myself. Any suggestions on regular/normal card effects that can be done with GIANT cards?

TED
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Do you know of an effect called "Will the Cards Match". You could use two volunteers and get them to match mate cards. I'm sure many self workers could be done with BIG cards.
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
The trick David Williamson does with four cards that he can turn over all four but the spectators can't might work with jumbo cards.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Some time ago I experimented with a Larry Becker routine with the jumbo cards called Hypnotic from his Stunner's Plus book. It's a poker based routine that is close to Ortiz's Mexican Poker. It uses 10 cards and employs the j**** principle. In fact, you predict what kind of poker hand you will end up with as the climax to the routine.
Self concept is destiny..
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I'm having Neil Lester make me a set of Sidewalk Shuffle cards made that are giant sized--150% the size of jumbo cards.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Janus - Thanks for that tip. I don't have the "Stunners Plus" book, so I'm not familiar with the "Hypnotic" routine. Perhaps I'll get to look it up in the future.

Donal - Geez! So your "Sidewalk Shuffle" turns into the "Interstate Highway Shuffle"! Sounds great to me. I'm not familiar with Neil Lester... can you provide a link?

Thanks!

TED
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2008-05-03 10:54, TedLashley wrote:
Donal - Geez! So your "Sidewalk Shuffle" turns into the "Interstate Highway Shuffle"! Sounds great to me. I'm not familiar with Neil Lester... can you provide a link?
TED

Sure: http://www.cardsbymartin.com
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Thanks, Donal!

More cards, decks and replacement cards than I can shake a wand at. Ha!

TED
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Routines/Effects with GIANT cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL