The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Dvd cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kent
View Profile
New user
Victoria,BC
44 Posts

Profile of kent
You know, I've never delved into this forum before .. I've been missing out!

Anyways, here's another germ of an idea that's been kicking around in my head...

I work in a video rental store, and all our dvds are in the standard plastic dvd cases.
I'm constantly stacking these, shuffling them around, etc. And it occurred to me that they are kinda, sorta like playing cards. Same height to width ratio, only a lot thicker, and fronts *and* backs are different.

Any one have any ideas for card moves that could be applied to these cases? I've also though about removing the inserts, so all the cases *are* the same, and doing a monte type routine with only one case having a DVD inside. The monte toss might be a little difficult, as you cant's bend the cases...

I've also been trying to think up a good movie prediction type effect. Can anyone think of any sort of mentalism routines that could be adapted to DVDs?

Just some thoughts off the top of my head. I'd appreciate any sort of input.

thanks!
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Larry Becker and Lee Earle have a GREAT movie themed mentalism effect that might work well with your DVD/movie theme desires. It's called "Double Feature" and can be found on their Mentalism Unlimited website or at any convention where they are appearing. It's actually a two part (book) effect, but one part is an unlikely prediction with a number of revelations that make it seem oh-so impossible. I've got it and use it in casual walk around corporate events with tremendous response. Good luck!
kent
View Profile
New user
Victoria,BC
44 Posts

Profile of kent
Thanks for the tip!

It looks pretty great. For the movie guide prediction, is it the same every time?
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Three movies are possible, but there's a lot of other things you can do with the effect that make it fun.
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
You know how sometimes the DVDs come loose, off the little peg thing, and rattle around inside? Maybe you could do a rattle-monte type of idea...

Especially if it's somebody else's DVD. They'd be worried you'd be scratching it all up...

I like the premise. Good luck.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Dvd cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL