The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Happening DVD by Sanada (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Check the clip. The boomerang card looked sweet.

http://penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=9960

This amazing DVD contains two amazing tricks -Toyosan Sanada's Card Happening and Ginjiro's Invisible Boomerang Card.

Effect

The spectator takes a card. Remembers the card and returns it to the deck.

The magician then returns the cards back into its original box and then places the box on top of the table.

Both hands are empty.

The magician begins pulling an invisible card out of the deck without even touching the box and places the card in front of the spectators for all to see.

With a wave of the magician's hand over the invisible card, It appears!

You can perform this trick with any regular deck.

Sanada's Card Happening and Ginjiro's Invisible Boomerang Card are throughly explained in this DVD.

Running Time Approximately 31min
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
I saw this on Ginjiro's site awhile ago and really liked this effect. I'm glad Penguin is carrying it now, I didn't know how long it would take shipped from Japan. Great price too.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
This looks excellent! I hope the advertisement information is what it reads...
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
I saw this the other day and it looks absolutely amazing. It looks so clean and the presentation in wonderful. I can't wait to get it. Does anyone know if it is a gaff in use or completely slight of hand?

-Jeff
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, you're a darn good magician!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
If it's sleight of hand, then it's not for me. Not good at palming. But it does look amazing and magical! I'm hoping there's a gaff Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Actually, this looks like a something Danial Garcia worked on ( and seeing a video in msc455magic's youtube channel, Hidoe Kato-san seems to have work on this as well ).

Though, there is part of it that fools the people *in the know* ..

evolve629, I doubt its palming Smile

~ Feras
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I already ordered it, I think I have an idea how it works but it looks clean. I hope you don't have to gimmick the card box? Then it would be false advertising as it says any deck of cards can be used. But I looks nice so I will take the chance and get it for the price. Here's hoping now???
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-02-01 09:59, Medifro wrote:
Actually, this looks like a something Danial Garcia worked on ( and seeing a video in msc455magic's youtube channel, Hidoe Kato-san seems to have work on this as well ).

Though, there is part of it that fools the people *in the know* ..

evolve629, I doubt its palming Smile

~ Feras

Thanks, Feras! I'm going for it, but will wait for a review from you Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Hey evolve629,

Rest assured palming is NOT necessary although as with many card tricks you'll need some basic knowledge in controling a chosen card - hope this helps. I just purchased this effect over the weekend and I'm already playiong around with it. I love magic effects that are fun to do as well as fool even the most scurtinizing spec - this IS definietly one of them - you wont regret it!

Nuf Sed,

David
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Hey Fade,
Can you shed some light for us. Is there is a gimmick involved or is this pure sleight of hand?
Rory
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Hey Fade,
Can you shed some light for us. Is there is a gimmick involved or is this pure sleight of hand?
Rory
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Hi rorythegreat,

There is a gimmick involved although not at all difficult to construct. everythong you need to know is explained on the dvd that comes with the effect. As this may sound discouraging to some (but not for me to say the least...) this effect kills!

BTW

Hey Maforen,

I don't believe there's any false advertising. YOU CAN use any deck of cards but once you do...it is done. Send me a PM if you need a further explanation.

David
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Thanks for the info. I will have to pick this one up.
Rory
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
This one looks great indeed.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Tempting
Cards never lie
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
If I am not mistaken this was an efefct published in the 70s or 80s. Done with the cards out of the deck. This seems to be an improvement as the cards are seen to be put inside the deck. I never could get the timing down Smile
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
Having owned only two other magic DVDs from GIN one being Coins Akira and the other Sanada Gimmick I thought I'd give this effect a try.

Teaching
There isn't one spoken word in this entire DVD at all. Its all down through the power of subtitles. Which are quite good. Very clear precise and to the point. So good job GIN!

Gimmick
What theres a gimmick!? Yes there is and its quite fun to mess with. Everything is supplied to make the gimmick but you might even have some lying around to construct another one. Overall good stuff. And the instructions to make the gimmick is quite clear.

Tricks
Well there two but they are essentially the same trick ones a stand up and ones a table version.
Sanada's Card Happening: Would be the table version and I believe the original? The easier of the two but I think the weaker of the two. Still fun and very visual.

Ginjiro's Invisible Boomerang Card: This one is the bomb diggity yo. This is the stand up version of Sanada's Card Happening but looks a heck of a lot better. Its hard to really say why I think this one is better even though they're both essentially the same trick. Either way awesome.

Overall a really cool trick to play with try it out and have fun. For being only 18.75 at Penguin its well worth it. Pick it up. You'll love it!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
So, is this a miracle that table hoppers/strollers can use, or something fun and interesting, but no one will bother with?

wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
Well table hoppers and strollers can easily use this and it something fun and interesting to but I have a feeling no one will use it because you have to make the gimmick. Which in my opinion is worth it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm all for gimmicks if it's practical.

I shoudl ask: angle issues?

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Happening DVD by Sanada (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL