The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Upcoming Article (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I'm currently writing an article for a certain popular magic magazine and was wondering seriously why the biggest Magic/Mentalism forum does not have as regular members the likes of:

Alain Nu
Derren Brown
Andy Nyman
Docc Hilford
Richard Osterlind (who use to post here regularly)
Banachek (who used to post here regularly)
David Blaine
Criss Angel
Penn and/or Teller
Greg Wilson
Morgan Strebler
Jay Sankey
Bob Cassidy
Patrik Kuffs (who used to post here regularly)
Aldo Colombini
John Kennedy
Martin Gardner
Max Maven
Eugene Burger
Jeff McBride
Bill Goldman
Dean Dill
Larry Becker (Who I think posted here before)
Lee Earle
Bill Abott
John Bannon
Kenton Knepper
Bob Farmer
Peter Duffie
Paul Harris
Wayne Dobson
And the list goes on....

Or do you think some of the above are here under pseudonyms?

Many could benefit from their posts ... yet, they are apparently nowhere to be found in the biggest magic/mentalism forum on earth.

So why aren't they here would you say?

Five of the above names have been interviewed for this article ... their answers were revealing and very interesting.

I do hope to get a hold of more of them.

One more quick question ... if most of the above mentioned names don't post on the biggest magic/mentalism forum ever and they have a big involvement in the community ... why do we?
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I think there are a vairety of reasons why one may choose not to particpate or not be as active as they once were. Anything from not enough time to simply not wanting to. Others may have tried it on previous boards (or here) and decided they didn't want to deal with some of the personalities that tend to creep up more and more often.

My personal reason for not posting when I first found the Café several years ago was, at the time, there were a lot of personal attacks and I didn't want to be subjected to this. Over time, this has decreased a lot but still exsists on a semi-regular basis.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I'd be interested in reading that article, Alex. When will it be published, and, are you allowed to reveal the name of said magazine. If not, initials will suffice. (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Martin Gardner doesn't have the internet Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Upcoming Article (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL