The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Product Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 20:46, lylemagic wrote:
Dbc...

If you're self-insured (as I am), then your policy SHOULD have a JOKER!!!

My insurance "Wild Card" is a plane ticket to Tiajuana and a new identity.
"My name is Beckman - Alister Beckman."
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 16:21, lylemagic wrote:
I'm curious...does your insurance policy have the 10 of Hearts or the Jack of Spades?

That was very funny!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Just to clarify - is this trick the same method as "Hot Leads", just made with a money clip not a business card wallet?
taoist
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of taoist
??? 6 months later: so did this thread get locked? I'd be interested in response to Futureal's Q if anyone's out there.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I picked this up and everything Christopher Lyle said is on the money. This is an awesome product.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I use glossy cards in mine. The only thing I do different is that I don't let the card burn as long as the non-glossy cards. That has worked 100% great for me.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I actually stopped using this product about 4 to 5 months ago which was when I switched over to the glossy cards. I found that more times then not, they would just melt (like burning plastic).

So if you're using NON glossy...go for it.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Apparently there are different grades of glossy cards. Perhaps it's the way they are processed as it seems some work and some don't. When I was at Jim's lecture, he thought that my glossy cards would not work. So he poured some lighter fluid on my card and lit it. He let it burn for a few seconds then blew it out. The card was not damaged. So my cards work.

So, my suggestion is, if your thinking of getting the effect and you use glossy cards, test them first. Put some lighter fluid on about 1/4 of the card at one end on bothe sides. Carefully light it and let it burn for a few seconds then blow or shake it out. See what the card looks like. Now, by the results, you know if you can buy the effect.

WARNING: Be carefull when handling fire. I am not responsible for any clumsy handling of this test.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Victor Ian Smith
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
66 Posts

Profile of Victor Ian Smith
I would like to see an answer to the thread from KendallScott:

I'm sold on this as well! It sounds fantastic. two questions though, how long are the cards good for "prepared"? Do they "dry out" or whatever after a few hours and need to be prepared again? And does it come with enough secret stuff to last a while? If this is getting too close to revealing the secret, let me know and I'll find out when I get it.

This is something I would want to carry at all times and I'm wondering what the effective life is.

Basically, if I prepare some cards on a Sunday night how long can I wait to use the effect and it still execute properly?

Thanks!!
"Do what you love...

...and you will never work a day of your life"

- Confucius
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Product Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL