We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
Doc, what do you think about marlo? If I remember correctly he had a break.



8
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Btw, anyone that have a good idea how to keep your handmoisture at the same level all the time, more or less? The only thing standing between me and a couple of good moves is too moist (most often) or sometimes, too dry hands. I think I may have solved "all" my center deal problems, but the moisture thing... sigh. Im sure I will encounter new problems later but I need to deal with these now. Have been practising shuffling for a couple of weeks, so fun to practise the center again, if I would get rid of this problem, so please, help me.

Kim
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 11:38, magician8 wrote:
Doc, what do you think about marlo? If I remember correctly he had a break.



If you say that Marlo had a break than I have to believe you but I didn't see any in the video Marlo's Seconds, Centers and Bottoms. My copy seem to have been old and the clarity wasn't good so I can't say if it was good or not but Magician8 THE LEARNING RULE NEVER CHANGES NO MATTER WHO HE/SHE IS, if he doesn't do a move right than you move on and learn from someone who can.

For the record Ed Marlo was one of my main teachers from the video aspect but I didn't like his bottoms because of the finger dropping so that made me not care too much for his center dealing especially after the copy wasn't as clear as I would have liked it to be. Maybe there are clearer ones now that I don't have. I'll have to look into it when I get some time.

Take Care

Doc
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
I was talking about marlos center in the legend dvd. I don't know where you saw dai vernon center deal but I havent, if yu have a clip please let me know where I can find it.



8
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 12:39, MagicKim wrote:
Btw, anyone that have a good idea how to keep your handmoisture at the same level all the time, more or less? The only thing standing between me and a couple of good moves is too moist (most often) or sometimes, too dry hands. I think I may have solved "all" my center deal problems, but the moisture thing... sigh. Im sure I will encounter new problems later but I need to deal with these now. Have been practising shuffling for a couple of weeks, so fun to practise the center again, if I would get rid of this problem, so please, help me.

Kim


If you want to keep your hands moist and you don't want to lick your thumb constantly in a game then drink a half a cup of Indian Hemp tea or maybe less than that. This tea is excellent for colds, it will make you sweat profusely but your body temperature will not go up. Bottom LIne: Even though it works, I don't like doing it. Oh and while I'm on this subject, if you drink olive oil before drinking alcohol, you won't get drunk. This technique is used by hustlers who can't play as well.

Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaJmVO91M2w


Respectfully,

Doc
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 06:01, rawdawg wrote:
Doc, what about your man's deal? That thing seemed pretty nice from what I recall.


His deal was excellent but I don't like the protruding cards look of which is not natural to me. Rawdawg what I'm actually trying to do is merge all the best middle deals that I know into one perfect middle deal. My conclusion is, is that Al Kennedy's middle deal is the best I've seen via Dai Vernon, besides Andrew Wimhurst's.


Take Care,

Doc
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Thanks for the tip doc but my hands get _too_ moist most often, which is a bigger problem. If they are dry I could use hand cream or something (eventhough I have not found a great brand yet). But as I said, I don't know how to get my hands not to sweat so much, when holding a deck.

Kim
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
Doc the deal in the link you gave is not a center deal and it's not vernon, it's david ben, no center deal was used.



8
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
Doc, have you seen someone do the Fred Robinson Center deal and if so what do you think of it?

Yves
LOUIEL
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of LOUIEL
Hi all, magician8 to answer your question Marlo did not have a break but a step he called his center deal the sidestep center deal which can be found in his videos and books, he performs his center deal beautifully however I myself do not like the front of the deck as he deals because it looks irregular and not squared you'll see if you watch the tapes or read up on it and do the deal yourself you'll see what I mean.

Any type of false deal that you do must look natural and flow smoothly, meaning the minute you setup or get ready for a deal you would just pick up the deck and start dealing no framing up the minute you start to jiggle the deck, do quirky get readies its no good.

So as far as the center deal goes it should look like this, the cards are ready to be cut, the card or cards to be dealt are on the bottom remember you have to get them there first not just put them there and deal unless it is you are just practicing, cards are cut, bottom portion placed on top picked up by the left hand go ahead start dealing.

Hope this helps a little.

Good luck to all keep on practicing!!

EMVT

LOUIE L
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 14:39, magician8 wrote:
Doc the deal in the link you gave is not a center deal and it's not vernon, it's david ben, no center deal was used.
8


Can anyone confirm what magician8 says to be true or not? I thought that the person doing the center deal in this video was Dai Vernon in his younger days. If it's David Ben he didn't know how to do it when we met a couple of years back...and if he did, he never showed me he could deal centers...regardless if it is him it's still excellent work.

Take Care,

Doc
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
The "old" footage at the beginning is John Scarne dealing bottoms. Later on it's David Ben doing a pseudo-center--in other words, a complete fake.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
As Tommy would say: What's the world comming to when you can't trust these magicians? Smile
onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
Quote:
On 2008-02-05 05:32, Mr. Z wrote:
The "old" footage at the beginning is John Scarne dealing bottoms. Later on it's David Ben doing a pseudo-center--in other words, a complete fake.


That was a pseudo center???? Nice...

USM
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-05 05:32, Mr. Z wrote:
The "old" footage at the beginning is John Scarne dealing bottoms. Later on it's David Ben doing a pseudo-center--in other words, a complete fake.


Thanks for the confirmation Mr. Z., Doc got cheated again. Magician8 thanks for enlightening me to who this actually was. For the record: When I met David, he did an excellent two card push off second deal.


Respectfully,

Doc

P.S. Thanks to this footage and me copying this handling my center deal almost look like this deal.
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
Doc, do you mind putting up a video so that we can see it? I've never seen a good demonstration of this deal.




8
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Ben used a duplicate set of aces. The Youtube vid quality there is very bad, if you've seen the original tape it's plainly obvious.

He admitted as such on the Genii boards several years ago, when this was a very hot topic. Great card handler, at any rate.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
I wonder why he didn't do a real one though, I read he can.





8
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-05 19:07, magician8 wrote:
Doc, do you mind putting up a video so that we can see it? I've never seen a good demonstration of this deal.
8


Quote:
On 2008-02-04 00:27, Unknown419 wrote:
The front of the deck break that Mr. Z spoke of is the same problem I'm having as well. We must eliminate all defects in our deal in order for it to look real...Stop thinking that the solution to these problems will come in a couple of days or weeks because most times it won't; some take years to master (Note; only because we have no one to teach us the correct way)... When my or your deal looks like his or better, that's when we will receive our gold medal of honor and not until then. Rome wasn't built in a day (perfection takes time).

Take Care

Doc


Magician8 the reason why I will not be posting any footage is because of my above statement, "perfection and readjustments take time, years maybe" and I don't like embarrassing myself. There's nothing wrong with saying I can't do it as of yet.

Take Care,


Respectfully,

Doc
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-05 21:56, magician8 wrote:
I wonder why he didn't do a real one though, I read he can.
8


...and I wrote previously in this thread when I met him he couldn't do one: I repeat...HE COULD NOT DO ONE so what does that tell you?

Magician this is why I got tired of you PM'ing me and asking me repetitive questions that I've already answered in my post, because you some how just block out what I write or you don't read or comprehend well. I understand that you're 13/14 years old but you need to slow down a bit and pay attention to details as you taught me regarding the David Ben footage. I listened to you and asked for a confirmation and got one and then thanked you. Re-read my post so you don't have to ask a question that has already been answered for you.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. In other words what I teach you also applies to me as well.


Take Care

Respectfully,

Doc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL