The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CCTTv2 by Brian Miller *REVIEW* (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Cards, Coins, Thoughts, & Theories V2
by Brian Miller

Elmwood and Lybrary

In this eighteen page Ebook you'll find three powerful routines for the real world worker as well as an excellent essay of tips and suggestions on how students should balance schoolwork and magic. The descriptions are accompanied by full color photos as well as video links that will aid the reader in mastering the magic within. The contents are as follows:

Sudden Aces/The Four Card Game - a startling "flash" production
of four aces followed by a twisting routine with a fun presentational hook.

Lost and Found Coins - part hanging coins, part coins to pocket, part three-coin production.

Silenced - an instantaneous card transposition under an intriguing
theatrical premise.

For The Student Magician - An essay of tips and suggestions for students who are trying to balance schoolwork and magic, as well as tips for how and when to perform for students and teachers.

Methods:
Very slick, and very practical.
Anyone with basic knowledge of card and coin sleight of hand can do these effects anytime, anywhere.

Why should I invest in this?
You will fine the many techniques in this ebook to be very useful in your performances. Not only do you learn killer magic, but also gain access to Brian's powerful knowledge in the form of an essay. Boost your arsenal of clean practical magic to a new level. Very quickly you will learn the many applications and techniques found in this ebook.

Practicality:
All of the effects taught are perfect for any situation, because they are all impromptu. I am a sucker for packet type effects, even with gaffs and gimmicks. But when an effect of this type comes along that uses NO gaffs or gimmicks, that just sweetens the deal and makes the perfect effect for me.

Teaching:
With easy to understand and clear instructions, this ebook is just the way I like it. This is well organized, with all the sufficiant photo's.

Performance/Presentation:
There are tons of tips supplied! I have found these tips to be critical in my own performances, enhancing the effects to thier fullest impact.

Level of Difficulty:
Not at all difficult.
Even for a beginner, which would have only basic knowledge can find this useful.
I would recommend this for all skill levels.

Price:
Needless to say, this is well worth the cost. You get your moneys' worth with this.

The Essay:
The essay is perfect for the magician in school, not only high school, but college as well. First and formost, it teaches responcibility and time managment. Brian teaches you valuable lessons on how to prioritize your daily activities, with focus on education. After gaining the information in this essay, you will be able to easily complete your schooling commitments, while your magic studying/practice never suffers!

Overall:
Brian teaches everything you need to a sure-fire set of fool-proof magic. This ebook covers all the bases.

Great work Brian!

-Brian Rodgers
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Thank you sincerely for such a kind review. I would like to add a disclaimer to Brian's review however:

The review states that a beginner would find this ebook useful. I do not recommend this ebook to beginners. As it clearly states in the product description of both CCTT (Part 1) and CCTT (Part 2), these ebooks are intended for Intermediate-Advanced magicians, who possess a working knowledge of sleight of hand with cards and coins. Basic sleights such as the DL, Elmsley Count, etc are not explained. However, sleights that I do not feel are necessarily common to most magicians are explained in full, with both text and photos.
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
I have bought cctt 1 some time ago and yesterday I got cctt 2. I don't like writing long reviews. but I can say that brian's magic is just wonderful. the effects are startling and very visual.

it doesn't happen very often that you get full presentational ideas with the tricks. I often just read something like "talk about blablabla or maybe blabla". brian quotes his patter which works beautiful with the tricks and tells you when to use it, so the misdirection works for you. that's definitely not necessary for advanced performers, but advanced hobbyists without much performing experience can learn a bit from it.

as brian stated, the ebook is not for beginners. the sleights used are all easy and within the reach of everybody, but some are not explained. but it's basic stuff everybody should come across when learning magic.

but what I appreciate the most about brian's tricks is that they aren't complex. there are not tons of sleights used to accomplish one uninteresting effect. that makes it easy for the performer, he won't get into trouble if he forgot the 10th elsmley count after maneuvering the top card under the packet first. and the effects appear crystal clear to the spectator.

I don't like the layout that much (there isn't much of a layout, just a textblock with pictures next to the text where sleights are described), but the content is top quality! and the price is great. that's what an ebook should cost, around $10-15. thanks brian!

edit: I forgot to mention that when you order cctt 2, you get the same "special something" as with cctt 1. I like that. it makes the package complete.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Brian Millers e-books are now also available on The Magic Nook. I am looking forward to working with Brian on developing and publishing new "knock your socks off" effects. He will be our second Independent Author on The Magic Nook, joining our first Independent Author, Magicbob, who knows all about "knock your socks off" effects. Welcome, Brian, and I expect great things of you adding to the future of magic as an art!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Adrian, thank you as well for such positive remarks about my work. Spellbinder, I very much look forward to working with The Magic Nook to create some (hopefully) fantastic new magic.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Hey everyone,

For all you UK magicians, I just wanted to let you know that my ebooks are now being sold at http://www.MagicShop.co.uk You can find them here. Not that it makes much of a difference since they are instant downloads, but nonetheless.

Thanks for your continued support of my work.

~Brian
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
I saw the performance in youtube.. I love the first effect.. where the coin suddenly appear on your fingertips...

very nice...

cheers

kent
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Kent,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. If you happen to pick up either ebook, I do hope you'll enjoy them.

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CCTTv2 by Brian Miller *REVIEW* (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL