The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » UNMAKE - Tim David (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Anyone got this?

http://www.timdavidmagic.com/unmake.html

Review please.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Interesting, can that method, the one demo, not some half as good alteration be done without the hoodie?
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I wondered the same thing.

Nathan
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Let me be the victims.. ill buy it now ill review it soon
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
mindgames
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of mindgames
Hmph.... how to review this... ok first of all, you might knw that I'm not a coin guy, so I'm probably not the right person to doing the review,
this is my PERSONAL feelings about the tricks.

first, yes you need the hoodie, he gave you another method without the hoodie, but its just not as clean as the one with the hoodie.
is it new methods? no, I don't think so its an old method that he put it in his hoodie, ireally don't want to say more about this since its will easily tip the methods and it wont be fair for him.

the vid is good in the explanation part.
am I gonna use it?no, its not my style.
I READ MINDS.... YOURS TOO.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Sounds neat but not as practical for a professional performer.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Thanks mind games, that's what I figured. might be good if you wear that to perform in ( un-professional?). maybe for those that do it casually and wear hoodies alot.

I wish this was a part of somthing larger , like a book or compilation dvd as it sounds interesting.
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Is this more or less the idea behind Revolution? That's what I thought when I saw the hoodie on the preview...

I usually perform revolution while wearing a sweatshirt since its a lot more natural looking.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-02-04 12:58, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Thanks mind games, that's what I figured. might be good if you wear that to perform in ( un-professional?). maybe for those that do it casually and wear hoodies alot.

I wish this was a part of something larger , like a book or compilation dvd as it sounds interesting.

I thought that this WAS part of something larger!! Didn't this use to be called "Son of workeroo" or something like that. LOL!

Seriously though, I picked up unmake and I believe that I'll just stick with the afore mentioned workeroo that I also have. At least I don't have to wear a Hoodie!

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
Great trick.
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Mentioning the, "Hoodie" is such an injustice to the creator. It obviously implies the method and his creativity is breached. He deserves, and has earned the respect of no hints whatsoever. Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On 2008-03-05 02:25, Steve Landavazo wrote:
Mentioning the, "Hoodie" is such an injustice to the creator. It obviously implies the method and his creativity is breached. He deserves, and has earned the respect of no hints whatsoever. Steve

And if the buyer never ever wear a "Hoddie" (don't have any...sorry), how does he feels after buying the trick ?
I think, those king of thing even has to be written in the ad already.

Nicolas
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Respectfully, since he gave another method without the hoodie the seller shouldn't have to reveal this! Steve
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2008-03-05 11:56, Steve Landavazo wrote:
Respectfully, since he gave another method without the hoodie the seller shouldn't have to reveal this! Steve

Clothing restrictions -- especially when they're as specific as a hoodie -- should ALWAYS be mentioned.

I'm guessing if the non-hoodie method looked as good he would have shown it in the demo.
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

This topic really bothers me and let me tell you why.

I know so many magicians on this board that work their tail off to put out a trick, invest huge amounts of dollars, time and heart and in just a blink of an eye, somebody purchases it and reveals and tips the method. The purchaser automatically assumes that since he now owns the trick that gives him license for all of the world to know how it is done. This is wrong, and if I were the creator I would be ****ed! You are paying for the secret!

Because this trick can be done without a hoodie in my opinion it is not up to the consumer to decide that the secret should be published. The creator obviously put out another method for those that don't have a hoodie as a consideration, not a blatant attempt to deceive the customer. Do you think the late Bobo, Tarbell, Hugard and countless others now need this printed on their publication covers, "some of these tricks require long sleeves?" I mean, come on.

Steve
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I don't think its a case of long sleeves. The "other method is a direct rip off" and thye main method being sold ususe a hoodie. I do not wear them and this is information I could have used before I bought this!! For example I bout interlaced and richard told me up frotn I woudl need to tailor a set of pants. This does not tip the method just makes me aware so I think this the hoody should have been stated before hand!!¬
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2008-03-05 13:28, Steve Landavazo wrote:

Because this trick can be done without a hoodie in my opinion it is not up to the consumer to decide that the secret should be published. The creator obviously put out another method for those that don't have a hoodie as a consideration, not a blatant attempt to deceive the customer. Do you think the late Bobo, Tarbell, Hugard and countless others now need this printed on their publication covers, "some of these tricks require long sleeves?" I mean, come on.

Steve

And the winner for worst analogy of the year goes to...

Listen, if the creator of this had a way to produce the same effect WITHOUT the hoodie, that would have been the method he released and the hoodie would have been the bonus method.

And I don't believe for a second you're smart enough to log on to the internet but too dumb to see a difference between an effect that requires a very specific, limited item of clothing like a hoodie, and one that just requires sleeves. Or the difference between a one-trick instant download and a book like Modern Coin Magic with 116 sleights and 236 tricks explained.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
I was going to purchase this trick, but now since people say you need a hoodie.. forget it!
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Wow MagicSquared! Why the need to turn this into name calling. Why so angry?
Peace! Steve out!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I'm not angry (I'm pretty blissful actually), I'm poking fun at you for your poorly thought out logic. But if it's easier to talk about my non-existent anger than to defend your position that a creator can sell something that requires you to wear something that will more often not be:

- weather inappropriate
- occasion inappropriate
- style inappropriate

without letting you know what that apparel is, then don't let me get in your way. Have at it. I'm so angry! Grrrrrrrr.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » UNMAKE - Tim David (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL