The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Reeeeally looking forward to this. Saw a demo of some of the effects and they are very cool!
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Its great, a great concept and this DVD is only the start. You get some great effects to use and then you can use you own creativity to create more, but make sure you get permission from Steve and at least credit him.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Me too, I saw this several months ago and it is one of the most impossible effects I have seen in a long time. I am not a fan of card magic but this is something different. I cant wait for this to come out because I HAVE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS DONE, hurry up BBM. I am also relly excited to see how people will use this and what they will come up with. I am also happy that a company like Big Blind Media is representing this effect, they have always impressed me with their quality and their unique approach to magic film making.

Shaun Dunn
http://www.papercraneproductions.net
P3
practice practice perform.
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
Big Blind Media rocks, no doubt about that.

And I've said before on a different thread -- but the music they use in their DVDs is also killer.

It's a perfect mix: good magic, good visuals, and good music.

Really enjoyable DVDs all-around.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Garethwitty, Thank you for the nice review and I tried my best to include effects that teach the idea with effects that are interchangable and to stimulate creativity,with several effects possible back to back
and the beginning,middle and end of the effects being completely different
I look at it almost like a system and hope that comes through on the dvd.

Cameron, I quoted you on the pm you sent me, as
it was honest and used your exact words and just want you to know that it made my day.

Shaun, that was about eight months ago and glad you remember it, as I'm sure you have seen a ton of stuff since then,so thanks a million and as far as BBM, they treat their performers like Royalty and it was a
pleasure working with them as they know how put it together and wish more
companies had their spirit.

Casanova Closer is one of the best constructed routines I have ever developed and is designed with a real worker in mind and I have closed my main card act with it for well over a decade(starting and ending clean as a whistle).

I was aiming to give a lot and hope the majority feel that I have.

Sincerely,

Steve Haynes
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
There is a demo on murphy's.

Find the link yourself I want to make this as hard as possible for people to get.
P3
practice practice perform.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Folks, I saw the Murphy's demo. It does not seem possible. If this was a Youtube demo by someone we didn't know, I'd say it was scam. I love card magic, sleight of hand, but this transcended that.

I also got a chance to see a demo of Steve himself perform this and an Ambitious card routine with a card to wallet. I watched it 3 times and could not see the "tells" I was looking for. I was smoked so badly. I fancy myself a bit of a card to wallet expert and I'm clueless.

The Murphy's ad says: Steve Haynes has tweaked and developed this closely guarded secret for 17 YEARS!

When I read things like that, I smile. They're ad copy words in my opinion. That's ok, you have to sell products and I'm ok with it as long as it's a good product that fools laymen.

The ad copy for Casanova Concept by Steve Haynes matches the product: I can't believe what I just saw!

From the Ad:
Featured on this DVD:

Stroller Controller - A freely selected card is signed front and back, and then lost in the deck. You cleanly reach into your pocket and withdraw their card, showing that you had it BEFORE they even signed it!

Thru & Through - A signed Card Thru Window with a FACE UP, SIGNED selection!

Rip Trip - A signed business card is torn but miraculously restores itself!

Homing On Easy Street - A signed card disappears from the deck and appears in your pocket. TWICE! This is easy-peasy!

And, Steve Haynes' signature piece - the Casanova Closer...

Your spectator selects two cards and SIGNS them both. One is placed in their own wallet (or pocket). The other is lost in the deck. Within seconds you open your own wallet to reveal the signed selection which was apparently lost in the deck.

As your spectator is still reeling, you offer to repeat the effect. You re-open your wallet (which was empty only moments ago) and slowly withdraw a face-down card. Your spectator's eyes are popping out of their head - 'How did that signed selection get back into your wallet'?

It didn't. It's the OTHER signed card! The one that should have been in the spectators' wallet. And when they look in their pocket they find the first signed card! Then they faint!

BOTH CARDS ARE GENUINELY SIGNED BY THE SPECTATOR AND YOU NEVER TOUCH THE SPECTATOR'S WALLET!

NOTE: The Casanova Closer utilises a gimmicked wallet (not supplied). But, this is just one way to employ the Casanova Concept. The DVD also features a second method using nothing but a deck of cards and an ungimmicked wallet!

PRAISE FOR THE CASANOVA CONCEPT:

"It looks great! I can't wait to get my copy."
- Paul Green, Professional Magician

"Very Inventive, Very Creative And Very, Very Clean!"
- Steve Thomas, Professional Magician

"The Casanova concept opens the door for a myriad of effects. It's limitless. When I saw the card through glass, I jumped out of my seat. I couldn't believe my eyes. Rewind. Play. Rewind. Play. Rewind. Play..."
- Aaron Delong, Professional Magician

"Okay, so I want to learn the Casanova Closer NOW! That routine is killer, man! It floored me!"
- Cameron Francis, Professional Magician
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this tomorrow. Will give it a watch and hopefully be able to post a thorough review tomorrow night....
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Very interesting but I have a question : two cards are signed , one of it is in the spectator wallet and the other in the pack of cards ....so this second card from the deck of performer has really the signature of the spectator or is just an imitation which is show very fast during the first part of the trick???
Thank you
JIS
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
252 Posts

Profile of ozman
JIS - it is a genuine signature!! it is cleanly shown during the routine.

I know I know I know - you're thinking HOW is that possible.

the answer - steve hayne's is a GENIUS!

hehe!
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Cassanova Concept man, is an absolute killer. If you already do card to wallet, then you can add the Cassanova Closer to add a monster kicker for practically no extra work. Why would you not do this?

It's beyond clever man. There's no reason to not perform this spectator busting routine!
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Well I give it up and I will buy it ....no more questions for this diabolical thing.
Thank you very much for very fast answers dear fellows.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Any mentalism uses for this concept? The ad says use of business cards...What can this be used for besides CTW, and card trsnpos?

Thanks,

Paul h.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quite seriuously, this is one of the best ideas I've seen in years. It was such a refreshing experience to hear this impossible effect described and, when the method was revealed, for EVERY word to be absolutely true.

You won't know what I mean until you see it and understand the concept but it actually took me a few viewings to fully understand what Steve had created. It's ingenius and 'The Casanova Closer' is simply one of the strongest card effects you will ever do. It completely defies explanation - simple as that!

Dave.
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
252 Posts

Profile of ozman
Folks - you can watch a demo of one of the effects from the Casanova Concept at http://www.bigblindmedia.com/

just click on the picture of the dvd box and it'll show you a performance of the AWESOME 'Casanova Closer'.

I just gotta say again - steve hayne's is a GENIUS!!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2008-02-06 07:51, Paul h. wrote:
Any mentalism uses for this concept? The ad says use of business cards...What can this be used for besides CTW, and card trsnpos?

Thanks,

Paul h.

With some thought, you could create a mentalism effect but none is shown on this dvd.

As far as other things you can do besides CTW and transpos, on the dvd is a card through glass, torn and restored business card and a couple of other ideas as well.

Owen and Dave,

Thanks a million guys,

Steve

Steve
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
For those of you that still don't have this... let me just say that the Card Through Glass effect that the Cassanova concept allows you to do is fantastic.

I think everytime someone performs it, the angels scream "Yahtzee!" It's a thing of beauty and looks so clean.

So all I'm trying to say is - don't buy this. BBM, please stop selling it. Tongue in cheek of course...

Aaron DeLong
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Yep, its pure liquid gold of a routine and yes the card thru glass is worth the price of the DVD alone. Also you can do the routine with Mullica wallet or a normal wallet as well.

So stop reading this, grab YOUR wallet and order the DVD now.

Well, what are you waiting for??? GO NOW AND BUY!!!!

(-O-)
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok wait so is there a link to where to get this or no?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.58 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL