The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Al Straker and rockwall (Mike)

Thank you for the kind words and enthusiasm.

Sincerely

Steve Haynes
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
My bad english gives me a hard time with understanding,will we need to use card to wallet function of out magic wallets? I use my kaps on fire wallet as my everyday wallet and I wonder if its alright as it isn't a Mullica as far as I know.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
You can use the Kaps with no problem what so ever and no change in your handling.

Just so everyone knows, almost any card to wallet you now perform will work and the only reason the Mullica is mentioned so much is because that is the type I happen to use.

Steve
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
I'd just like to add my 2 cents to the growing pile of spare change Smile

The Casanova concept DVD is a very well put together product - there really is something for everyone here. For those who like to learn a trick, practise it and perform it, there are several very strong, very practical tricks taught. I only wish I ever performed anywhere near a glass topped table! For those who are looking to add something special to their existing routines, there is plenty of flexibility in the material shown. And finally for the creative minds out there, there is the brilliant idea underpinning the whole thing that can be experimented with to your heart's content.

The concept behind the DVD is very refreshing - showcasing an idea in several different forms is a great way to get you thinking about the possibilities. I would imagine that if you took any one trick from the DVD there would be the usual divide - those that will use it, and those that won't. But to show so many different applications, from the heavy setups to the almost nonexistant setups, means that its much more likely to make its way into your repertoire.

The idea itself is truely original, practical and thought provoking. I have a theory that all really good ideas come with bonuses attached - and the casanova concept is no exception. At several points the routines include some really nice handling touches that will make you smile.

All in all, a great piece of work that deserves all the praise it gets. Well done Steve Haynes!
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
It's been touched on but I just wanted to also say how much fun this DVD is to watch. Owen Packard and Dave Forrest are obviously having a lot of fun demonstrating the concept and are a hoot to watch. I was laughing my a** off watching the two of them. It also comes through big time how impressed they both are with the idea and how happy they are to be able to not only demo it but to be able to add it to thier own packet of tricks.

Mike
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Owen alone is worth the price of the admission.
Cards never lie
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I just received this and I'm really impressed with the thinking behind Steve's Casanova Closer. Casanova Closer could have been the only effect on the DVD, and I would have still felt like I got my moneys worth. This is a very polished routine and I can tell a lot of thought was put into Casanova Closer. It is one of the cleanest card to wallets I've seen and for those of you wondering, yes, you end clean.

There are other great ideas on the DVD that have been generously added using the Casanova Concept, including a clever card through glass. For those of you that don't own a gimmicked wallet, there is an ungimmicked wallet version, which I liked as well. Dave Forrest and Owen make the DVD fun to watch and I found the explanations to be very clear. Overall, Steve Hayne's Casanova Concept is a top-notch DVD, and if this is the type of material we can expect from him, then I'm really looking forward to what else he'll be releasing to the magic community.
VinceUK
View Profile
New user
North West England
51 Posts

Profile of VinceUK
I've just ordered mine along with BBM's Omega Mutation DVDs... I almost feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can't wait.

Just a tip guys (and gals), consider joining BBM's mailing list as they give their members some great offers... and no I'm not associated with them in any way, I'm just a happy customer.

Vince
VinceUK
music
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of music
Is this workable for strolling? How quick and easy is the reset? Would I need several decks set-up in advance to do this strolling? Thanks, Chuck
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1084 Posts

Profile of bekralik
This is an excellent concept, and all the variations are equally strong (card thru glass, homing card, card to non-gimmicked wallet). Great production, great value. I wish all dvds were like this.

Brian
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Chuck, you can definitely do the effects in a strolling situation. You don't need a bunch of different decks. You might want to add some cards to your deck for reset simply because you use two per effect. This is great for strolling!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

MAGICSEEN magazine has a review of Casanova this month and I'm happy to say, a darn good one. Smile

Steve
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I bought the dvd at the Blackpool magic convention.

It was touted as a new idea.

An hour after watching the Geoffry Durham lecture I watched this DVD.

I was surprised to see this 'new' concept had just been used by Geoffry in his magic square routine. Indeed he has been doing it for a while.

So not exactly a new concept. Just a new use for an old idea.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1084 Posts

Profile of bekralik
It's not just the method, it's the degree of thinking behind all of the routines. The structure, the motivation, the naturalness of the moves. It would be hard to improve on Steve's thorough work.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The signed card through table is AMAZING!!! And who woudl have thought you could utilize dog hair that way?
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Quote:
On 2008-03-05 10:21, Alan Rorrison wrote:
The signed card through table is AMAZING!!! And who woudl have thought you could utilize dog hair that way?

and it works with cat hair as well! But snake or lizard hair will not?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Move ALONG.... Their is NOTHING to see here... No I mean it go away its MINE ALLLL MINE
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
PLEASE be careful guys, someone did this with a frogs hair and the spectator croaked!

Also, you can do it with a signed business card as well and then go directly into rip trip.

Best,

Steve
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
AND THE CHEESY JOKE OF THE WEEK AWARD GOES TO................................................................STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEE

lol nice one mate
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks for the award Alan...I deserve it!

lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL