The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
VERY VERY GOOD PIECE OF MAGIC!! =) I love this routine.. simple direct and magical.. couldn't get any better...

steve haynes - I wrote you a pm.. about this effect..

cheers

kent
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Kent for the pm/kind words.

Steve
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Casanova Concept by Steve Haynes
Released By Big Blind Media
Performed and Taught By David Forrest.

I guess I will start with a personal note. This DVD, and the effects taught on it are amazing. I not only found myself loving every effect, but also found myself wondering how the hell someone comes up with something like this. A must have DVD.

The production, sound and editing was great, and Owen and David keep you well entertained. The teaching is of a very high standard, and taught in great detail. I also like the fact, that while Steve could not be there to film it, his pictures were shown through-out the DVD, and his name mentioned every 10 seconds (joking). Really made you feel as though Steve was there and part of the production.

The Casanova Closer is a real strong effect, and you will find out why it is a closer. A spectator signs 2 cards. One is put in their wallet the other in the deck. You open your wallet to show the signed card that was lost in the deck only moments ago. If that wasn’t enough, you repeat the effect, only this time the card you remove from your wallet is the one that should be in the spectators wallet, and the card in the spectators wallet, is the one they just seen you holding only a few seconds ago. TRULY STUNNING!!!

Thru and Through is a face up card through glass table that will stun anyone you show this to, and I mean anyone. Do I need to hype this effect up? It is a face up signed card through glass table, what more do you want lol. VISUALLY STUNNING!!!

Rip Torn is a business card Torn and Restore effect with a kicker, the signed section is in open and plain view the entire time of the ripping sequence. A nice little effect to do to give out your business card, and trust me, they will remember you after doing this effect.

Homing on Easy Street has you having a signed card that is lost in the deck appear in your pocket not once but twice under the craziest open conditions. You even pull the card out of your pocket with the face out. AMAZING!!!

Stroller Controller A card is selected and signed front and back, then lost in the deck. You cleanly retrieve the card from your pocket, showing you had it in there before the card was even selected and signed. EERIE!!!

It has been awhile since I have reviewed anything, and I am glad that I purchased this DVD. It is well worth not only the price, but the powerful effects that fill this DVD. I strongly recommend this DVD to anyone looking to not only perform well thought out routines, but also perform very powerful magical moments for your spectators.

Thanks for releasing this Steve,

Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
I have just ordered this! I don't usually like buying other people's material anymore but this one really caught my eye. I will write a review on it as soon as I have watched the DVD through (I know that there are already many reviews but I have a feeling that this is going to be great). I have high hopes for this! Waiting anxiously...
Sh3ldon
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Jeremy.

KazarSh3ldon, I hope you like it.

Steve
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Killer, killer, killer!!!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
This DVD is truly amazing. It's tied for the best DVD I own.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
With all the hype, no one seems to have spotted that the basic idea goes back to a Bro Hamman trick; and Sadowitz has work on it in the Crimp.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
MAGICSEEN magazine has a review and can be seen at http://www.bigblindmedia.com

Also onlinevisions just put up a review as well.

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0711casanova.html

Best,

Steve
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
El Mystico, no one is saying that the basic concept hasn't been explored before. Just not in this way.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Has anyone ever been caught with this???
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
The DVD arrived today and after watching it I felt somewhat nostalgic. It took me back to when I was four years old and it was Christmas day. Oh what joy!! I am unable to articulate the emotions that this DVD provoked.

Okay enough! First Thank you Steve for this wonderful idea. For you skeptics out there, read the "Casanova Closer" a few times over and try to understand what is being said.
To Ritty360 when I have performed this to a few people I will tell you what they think, and if they find this effect believable.
To my mum I will get the eggs later.

Mini review (things that people forgot to mention and other random thoughts - in list form):
- They forgot to mention the cover for the DVD is cool as heck!
- "Steve is actually this small (fingers simulating the size of an eraser)".... hilarious duo!
- The effect is way too strong for this day and age.
- The quality was excellent.
- The explanations are explained spot on.
- If you are contemplating over whether or not to buy this as I said before read the "Casanova Closer" again.
- There is more than enough stuff on the DVD to get you started.
- And once again thank you Steve.

I give this a 9/10... why not 10? Because now every time I perform the "Casanova Closer" I wont be able to do another effect afterwards. Steve have you been hid under a rock? Rhetorical question.

Sh3ldon
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
No in my basment CHAINED UP MWHAHAHAHAH
The Whisperer
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of The Whisperer
Oh and I forgot to say PROPS to you David Forrest for such great performances... you are a legend!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Ixnay66, magicman4646 and zarSh3ldon thanks a mill for the kind words.

Just so people know, you can do the Casanova Closer ending without any wallets at all, with very little thought and it works fine as a quick and direct transposition also and is a good way to test it, but I think most people who work this will want to make it a full routine for the simple fact, it's so easy to do so.

Ok, back to the Basement! Smile

Steve
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Casanova Closer uses a clever gimmick that is easy to make. Once the gimmick is ready, you are all set to perform with any deck of cards. The entire effect is very well & very carefully structured for a jaw dropping finale. Unless you know the secret, it is impossible to believe that one gimmicked card can create an impossible transposition that just kills.

Quote:
On 2008-03-16 14:08, Cameron Francis wrote:
El Mystico, no one is saying that the basic concept hasn't been explored before. Just not in this way.

And Cameron Francis has rightly said that the basic concept has NOT been explored in THIS WAY!

Casanova Closer is a very nice real world effect. The gimmick concept can be put to other uses as well.

Just the way I view the effect! Smile

:xmas:
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
For anyone interested in getting some more info on the CASANOVA CONCEPT DVD, check out the 5/5 Magicseen Magazine review at

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/assets/PDF/......ar08.pdf

woo!
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Cameron , when you wrote: "no one is saying that the basic concept hasn't been explored before," don't you think the fact that the DVD cover describes this as "Steve Haynes' Casanova Concept", and it is described as his "creation" gives exactly this impression? If I started talking about "Cameron Frances' Mona Lisa" and describing it as your concept, I would rightly get pulled up for it.

to be fair, the DVD does have a credits section on it, so some attempt was made to look into the history; my point is more that, given the enthusiasm for this concept, it is odd that no one seems to have spotted its predecesors!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
El Mystico, Ill take an art field here as I think you have. It is steves concept an idea with the tool provided. Look at it as a great painter developing a new style or concept in a painting. He did not invent the canvase or brushes But he took the old tools to a whole new level and created his own system and concepts with them. I don't know if that will make sense, It does in my head
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Oh, the finished "painting" - signed card to spectator's wallet, is a lovely idea, and, as far as I know, without precedent.

It's just that the DVD isn't called Casanova Closer. It's called Steve Haynes' Casanova Concept.

I can see that the people who put the DVD together tried to get the credits straight.

I'm not having a go at anyone; I'm just surprised that none of the erudite people on this forum recognised that the concept was not new; it's a shame that no credit had been given to Hamman or Sadowitz. And it's a pity that some people seem to be trying to deny that credit now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL