The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Can we support the cretaor and order from Steve Haynes direct?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
SinMan
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of SinMan
I seen that MJM had it for sale
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Will we be able to order this off BBM anytime soon?
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Logan

I have been signed up to the BBM news letter for a long time and they always seem to give first shot to the people on their mailing list , along with other surprises,such as member discounts.

Best,

Steve
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Steve. Ive said it before and ill say it again.. Im miost with antisipation. OOY stop thinking that
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
LOL

Thanks man.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Steve,

First off, congrats on the great release. If the demo is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure you're gonna rock the magic world...at least in the card magic arena Smile

Yeah, I signed up for their mailing list too and I know their perks, i.e. mailing list members getting the DVDs earlier, etc, so I was rather confused as to why I see it at Hocus-Pocus and not hearing anything from the mailing list.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Logan,

Thanks for your interest.
Yes I think you may have missed something so I left you a pm.

Best,

Steve
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Quote:
On 2008-02-06 20:55, paisa23 wrote:
Ok wait so is there a link to where to get this or no?

http://www.bigblindmedia.com

Add it to your bookmarks, you gonna be using this one alot!
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Steve Haynes Casanova Concept-A Review

Right from the start I will say that the Casanova Concept is one of those rare beautiful things that hits it's mark, no hype, no false advertising. Every word about what you can do with it is absolutely true. The concept is quite simply a breakthrough in thought.

And I have no problem stating that The Casanova Closer, as described on the DVD, is one of the best card effects to hit the market in the last several years.

Dave Forrest has it right when he says that after you do this trick you need to leave. Immediately. There isn't much that can follow this effect.

So here we go in order on the DVD:

The Casanova Closer
I had seen the demo of this and also saw some raw footage of the effect being performed before getting this DVD. And I thought I had an inkling as to what was going on. But I was off on most accounts. This concept is so well thought out and executed perfectly that it had me completely fooled. I wasn't even close.

So here's what they see: They select two cards and sign them. No funny stuff here. They sign their initials in a circle on both cards. The cards are real. The signatures are real. The verdicts are final Smile
One card goes in their wallet and either put aside or put back in their pocket. Then you go on to do a very fair card to wallet (wallet not included but you can do this without a special wallet if you're so inclined, it is also explained). The signature is clear throughout this and no fake signatures are used at anytime. Ok, so far nothing mind blowing, standard card magic.
What happens next will elevate you far beyond anything your audience has ever seen. You offer to do it again. The signed card goes into the middle of the deck and you pull out your wallet and this time the signed card that they had in their wallet is now in yours! While they're trying to pick their jaw of the ground you ask them to open up their wallet and inside is the signed card that had previously been in your wallet.
Two signed cards switch places under impossible circumstances in the cleanest possible way. I can't wait to try this out and see the reactions on people's faces.
The effect is carefully explained with every move and nuance laid out for you. I do believe that years of refinement went into putting together this routine. It's pretty darn close to perfect.
As far as sleight of hand goes, this works with the most minimum of handling. It will take some rehearsal to get the routine down but you don't need a high level of digital skill to accomplish this. There is a more advanced move that could be used but a variation is offered as well.
Everything that I've said and that the ad copy says is completely true. Nothing is left out. And nothing needs to be added.
The other effects on the DVD are good and offer you other ways of employing the concept but this effect seems to be the perfect use of the concept on the DVD.
Well done guys!

Thru and Through
This is written up as a signed card through window and may be the only issue I have with the ad copy. This is more of a card through glass table. I don't know if I would use this for a card through window, at least not how it's described on the DVD.
What they see is a signed card is visibly in your hand one second and then the next second it's visibly gone through a glass table. This is a quickie that is a clever use of the principle. The good news is that this is also very easy. There really isn't a whole lot of finger flicking to accomplish this. Very nice.

Homing on Easy Street
This is a very easy homing card effect. With, believe it or not, no palming! A signed card travels to your pocket twice under the fairest of conditions.
This is probably my second favorite effect on the DVD. I can see myself adding this to my repertoire immediately. So super easy to do and in the eyes of the spectators just impossible.

Stroller Controller
This is a very interesting idea and use of the principle. This is a lot different then the other uses of the principle which I like. It got me thinking of other uses.
The effect is: They freely pick any card and sign both sides of it. You lose the card in the pack. Then you pull a card out of your pocket and it turns out to be their card.
This is really easy to do and a shocker. It will take a bit of set up to do but once you've set it up you'll be ready to go for a long time. And it resets easily for table hopping or strolling.
I liked this, and like I said before, this is a very different use of the application. The way it's used here could probably be used for lots of things....

Rip Trip
Rip Trip is a cute little way of ripping a signed business card and then restoring it right under their noses. You draw a woman and offer to demonstrate the sawing a lady in half illusion. I liked this, yet another cool application.

New Age Card To Wallet
This is a version of the Casanova Closer using a normal wallet. The effect is the same for the most part but using a Mullica Wallet is the superior version. There is a small difference that I think its worth having the Mullica wallet. I don't want to say too much without going into methods here, but do yourself a favor and buy a Mullica wallet. You won't be sorry.

So, all in all, this was a great investment. Lots of stuff to play with and you really can do a lot with this principle. The production quality of the DVD is top notch. The teaching is through and very funny at times. I had lots of fun watching this.

You can purchase it here.

And if anyone has any questions feel free to ask....
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Here's a link for anyone who needs the necessary wallet.....
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Awesome review Jason!

Can't wait to get mine!

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Same story with me, Never wear a coat and or jacket, so my weapon of choice is Real Mans Wallet. Any issues with this? Le t me clarify, a bit on the run so have not had a chance to read everything in detail.
johnnymajestic
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of johnnymajestic
Looks like he is using a Jerry O Connel Wallet, I am wondering if it can be done with Tony Miller's Hip Pocket Mullica Wallet?

JM
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I would assume any Mullica type wallet would do the trick. I have a Triple Threat and I plan on using it for this effect.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I use the O'Connel small no palm wallet myself but any wallet will work,to create the effect described.

Thanks everyone,and once you get it, feel free to pm me as I will be happy to help if needed.

Steve Haynes

Jason, thanks so much for the review and so glad you like it.

Steve Haynes
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Steve,
Thank you for sharing your incredible idea with the community. I can't wait to use it out in the real world and watch people's minds melt....

Best,
Jason
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
This definitely has my mind working overtime. Is it possible to have two separate people sign the cards or does whatever is written in those circles have to be nearly-identical? I don't have a clue how it's done either way, I'm just curious aobut the possibilities. thanks
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Most of the effects on the dvd uses just one signed selection and as far as possibilities, well I feel they are limited only to your imagination.

One effect that I do ,but is not on the dvd, is have two people sign cards and very openly while the signed selection is face up fold it into quarters in the fairest way you can imagine and place it on the table and then hold the other signed card face up and it changes to the one you folded and the folded card turnes out to be the other signed card.

With everything that is on the dvd, I think you can create just about anything.

Steve

Best,

Steve
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Steve, will you and BBM be doing another DVD/Book soon?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL