The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2008-02-10 07:07, cardlover wrote:
Is the signed card through glass and torn and restored business card pretty easy to do?

I would say they are very easy and if you have basic skills, you should be fine.

As far as card thru glass, I have them sign the front and back of the card and tell them to check and make sure the ink doesen't come off,thus they have examined the card to the extreme and as far as how the effect looks, they confirm that the card is theirs and while keeping it face up and never leaving their sight, you hold it above the table and slam it on to the glass and with no cover what so ever, it simply melts right through and since the card stays face up, they know even as it's still falling that it is indeed their signed card and if you want, give it to them as a reminder of what they saw.

I think people who get this is really gonna like this one for how visual, direct and easy it is and I promise, when you do it, people are simply speachless.

Im hoping people come away feeling they learned quite a bit and that all the effects are for the real world with no filler.

Steve

PS On the dvd Thru and through is not signed front and back, but there are no changes in handling what so ever to do so.
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Just ordered mine along with o'connel wallet (small).. can't wait!!.. thank you steve for releasing such a great material to the magic society.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Kent,

The O'Connel Wallet is simply great!
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Hi Steve,

I just ordered your DVD from the Hank Lee's today! I'm very, very excited and intrigued by what you are about to unleash on the magic fraternity! I have an inkling of what the Casanova Concept might be, but judging from what others are saying, I just now I will be blown away.

Now, regarding the card through glass, can this be adapted to a window, or does it have to be a table?

Regards,

Evikshin
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Evikshin

Sure hope your happy with the purchase.

Yes it can be adapted with some minor changes.

Of course structure and routining are just as important as the tools we use to create a deep mystery and hope people like that aspect of the routines as well.

Sincerely,

Steve
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I ordered mine today as well. I can't wait until it comes. It looks awesome. Compared to Daniel Madison's Breach, what does your card through glass look like?

Jeff
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I posted above what it looks like.

Hope that helps,

Steve
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
I was talking to Paul Harris about Casanova only a little while ago and he had more to add about it...he mentioned that the raw idea that this is based on has popped up here and there in various effects. Years ago Paul had even toyed with the basic idea but didn't come up with anything noteworthy.

In Paul's opinion, what makes Casanova really catch on fire is Steve's new structure, combined with the double signatures.....
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jason, thanks for sharing Paul's thoughts with us. Paul's critical eye looks for those special moments that "astonish" and his input means allot.

I watched a clip of this again and I'm at a loss at how it's accomplished. I can only imagine what the spectator will feel.

If I had come up with this, I would have NEVER released it. Or, I would have done $1000 a head workshops to learn it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks guys.

For
PaulHarris, which
doesen't know me from adam to say such a nice thing, leaves me speachless.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
What does the t&r business card look like? I might have interest in this in and of itself, but I don't do card to wallet...

Paul h.
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 09:29, Paul h. wrote:
What does the t&r business card look like? I might have interest in this in and of itself, but I don't do card to wallet...

Paul h.

Well you don't need a wallet to do this one. Its quite easy and all self contained.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well..I got the DVD. And it's wonderful. The DVD has great routines and gets your head spinning on how you'll add you're own touches. It would have been fine if this was a one trick pony. But, it isn't. Magicians are going to have a field day coming up routnes.

I'm impressed with Steve's concept and with how well the DVD was done. Sometimes we see a "miracle" on a demo clip and then get the product and go "that's it?" and relazie we were had because the demo cut away during key moves. Not so with this product. What you see, is what you get: a Miracle!

Every serious Magician dreams of having at least some time in their life where they create a miracle and advance the art of magic a little further up the road. Steve Haynes had it with the Casanova concept.

Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Glad you liked it Christopher and thank you so much for the kind words.

Steve
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I was enthused about this as anyone else, and I showed a couple of my non-magician friends the demo, in hopes of their usual dropped jaws...but what I got was the complete opposite. They believed they knew how the whole effect was done. Obviously they weren't 100% right, but in their minds they were convinced enough on how to do 90% of it that they weren't intrigued by the 10% they were unsure of. Any opinion of this?
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-02-16 01:38, bryanlonden wrote:
I was enthused about this as anyone else, and I showed a couple of my non-magician friends the demo, in hopes of their usual dropped jaws...but what I got was the complete opposite. They believed they knew how the whole effect was done. Obviously they weren't 100% right, but in their minds they were convinced enough on how to do 90% of it that they weren't intrigued by the 10% they were unsure of. Any opinion of this?

That's interesting. There can be all sorts of explanations or speculations as to why the trailer didn't excite them or blow them away.

Sometimes even performing for people you know isn't the best barometer for how an effect will go over for a lay audience. I wouldn't use friends that have seen your magic be your guide. Friends go from being open to Astonishment ( thank you Mr. Harris ) to trying to figure out how it's done.

Just my opionion.

cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1222 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Just got my copy,I agree wonderful effect,I'm sure I will be able to incorporate this with my WOW trick.They will see their two signed cards clearly in the deck, then one will appear in the WOW wallet.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Bryan, while the demo looks great, I seriously believe this is an effect which the lay person must experience first hand.

Don't know why your friends were underwhelmed as the effect is a friggin' miracle. But maybe because they weren't involved in the effect first hand, they lost track of things and thought stuff happened that didn't.

I also think that as magicians, we shouldn't show lay people most magic demos. It's a poor way to judge how they will respond to an effect as they are removed from the experience. Magic demos are pretty much meant for us to gage how we might like a product, not to fool lay people. Plus, why would you how something online to people you might want to performer for?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You can show a demo if the Magcian shows a can of soda and BAM it changes into a chicken. But to show a "routine" like Casanova which has multiple phases, it doesn't play like it does in person with THEIR signature.

Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2008-02-16 06:37, cardbiker wrote:
Just got my copy,I agree wonderful effect,I'm sure I will be able to incorporate this with my WOW trick.They will see their two signed cards clearly in the deck, then one will appear in the WOW wallet.

that's a fantastic idea cardbiker.

I also do something like your talking about(they see their two signed cards clearly in the deck))and in the end, the spectator is sitting on one, while I'm sitting on the other and we both stay in our seats.

Good thinking cardbiker.

Steve

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL