The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
It has been done with ESP cards by Jerry Sadowitz in Sadowitz transpo on crimp 54 according to latest magic magazine.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To korttihai_82,
Thanks for letting us know. I was unaware of it and wonder which can first, the Casanova Concept of the Sadowitz idea.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Steve Haynes is a worker and has performed this for years. I doubt anyone ever "guessed" the method. More likely they were too busy picking their jaws up off the ground.

I think Paul Harris says it best:

"Every ten years or so a paradigm popping concept of pure power filters through into this dimension with the potential to re-shape a chunk of the astonishment landscape. Steve Haynes' "Casanova Closer" is one of those long awaited pieces of strange. If you're doing any effect that involves signed cards moving from here to there, changing places or appearing in impossible locations...you may want to ponder the the possibility of super charging it with Casanova."
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Christopher.

As far as part of the method that happens to be used on the DVD I give credit on the DVD to someone that used said part long before the names mentioned here with his initials being S.B.

quote]
On 2008-02-10 18:42, Jason Messina wrote:
I was talking to Paul Harris about Casanova only a little while ago and he had more to add about it...he mentioned that the raw idea that this is based on has popped up here and there in various effects. Years ago Paul had even toyed with the basic idea but didn't come up with anything noteworthy.

In Paul's opinion, what makes Casanova really catch on fire is Steve's new structure, combined with the double signatures.....
[/quote]

Casanova Closer is the routine that is the most unique because of the double signatures and what is possible using such a strategy with proper structure and that is what the concept is really all about.

The other routines were put on the DVD to give more value to the customer and are routines I use all the time.(card thru glass table truly freaks people as they see the face up signed card several inches above the table and it simply melts right through and is extremly straightforward and direct)

Using the double signatures allow you to do what you could do if you could duplicate a spectators signature for real and it leaves you clean at the beginning and the end with both cards givin to the spectator at the end.

I wanted to be able to hand out cards very freely and have the spectator sign them without having to hold on to them and then ask the to rub the cards to make sure the ink does not come off, thus they have examined the cards very closely and since they do so, they are 100% sold and at the end of the routine, you give those same cards to keep at the end.

I am extremly picky about what I perform and when I'm about to perform Casanova Closer, I get a rush, because I know what the reaction is going to be and hundreds of people are talking about their signed card appearing in their wallet, that was in their back pocket that I truly never touched.

This truly is something I love and want to thank everyone of you for your kind words and interest.

Best,

Steve
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Finally got this. WOW the casanova closer is worth at least double the price of the DVD.I've now got to get the wallet, but in my opinion it will be oh so worth it.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks trickytrav

Glad you like it.
Mr Deck
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire man who lives in Cardiff.
53 Posts

Profile of Mr Deck
Hi all I just wanted to pass on my Idea that I use for Casanova Concept, this is for people who can’t draw a circle those who own it will know what I mean.

The story.
Like most Magicians we like to draw and write neat, for this trick the secret is in the pen and my old uncle Sam’s coin, this is a 2p Coin my uncle gave me some years ago I never found a use for it until I started doing Magic. I am unable to draw a circle on a card it always comes out like a star gone wrong, so now I use my Uncle Sam’s coin. I think it’s magic strange thing happen when I use this coin .... etc etc

I am not going to go into why I use the coin the owners of this DVD will know why but I though I would share.

I give Casanova Concept 4/5 well done Steve . Lots can be done with this effect I am sure we will see lots of performances come from this idea.

Take care all
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Nice touch Mr Deck and thanks for sharing.

Something I would like to share, is when doing an effect with one signed card, use a fine tip sharpi and have the spectator draw a face on the stickman, such as eye's,nose, lips closed or teeth showing,mustache and so on.

This validates the card as much as their initials do and feel some may like this little touch.

The effect is just as strong either way, but having them create the face, makes the effect fresh and unique,compared to other signed card effects and can be used for other signed card effects also.

I use stick figures most of the time, with Casanova Closer having a stickman on one card and a stick woman on the other, as it adds a bit (in my mind) to the effect.

Here is a link I posted earlier, with one signed card for anyone that missed it and uses the spectators initials, but could have been done with them making a face as mentioned above. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIXo_ibqMs

Thanks again,

Steve
Mr Deck
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire man who lives in Cardiff.
53 Posts

Profile of Mr Deck
Hi Guys I love the stick man Idea, when I watched the DVD it gave me an instant idea.

I have a 7 year old stepson over the years has collected 1000's of stickers some come in sheets of about 50, I get the speck to select a sticker, lets say a Smiley face to add to the stick man. The I explain for the card to be found anywhere I must have X number of cards (relate that to how many stickers you have) so the chances of a duplicate is 10000 -1

If you don't have that many stickers as them to add a beard or moustache all for the fun.

Take care all
PS Take care when doing this with students they try to calculate the odds lol
Briz
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Briz
Hello guys,

I bought this a few weeks ago from BBM and am really pleased with it. For those of you who haven't bought it and are considering doing so what might now convince you is that http://www.magictricks.co.uk are now selling it for £7! well under half price.

Cheers,
Mark
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Well this has been around for a long time now, so guys...

What are the reactions like?

Im assuing that this DVD everyone is so excited about isn't just explaining how to cut a hole in a card?

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
?
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
I'm guessing that there's probably people talking about the reactions they've had with this in the previous 5 pages of posts?

If not, then I don't think my opinion alone will sway you - but this is a killer effect that increases the impact of the already 'closer' card to wallet and multiplies it ten fold, and at practically no extra work.

Basically, if you do card to wallet, there is NO reason you shouldn't be adding this to your act... I think its the strongest effect for laypeople that I've added to my routine for years.

The handling and routining is first class, and light years ahead of the similar, vague uses of this kind of method.

For the money, this is spot on - in my opinion.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
To be honest Liam, I read the whole thread just yesterday, and because everyone reviewed it as soon as they recieved it it is allot of very helpful opinions on what everyone seems to think is a magnificent effect.

But, no one actually pronounced (except for steve of course!) any of the reactions they've had, so I was wondering what the real workers view on this was.

Thanks allot for your words, its great to see that this is SO strong, and what a shame its so rare that we get effects like this released, and comparatively this had NO hype and yet evidentley is one of the strongest effects released in recent times.

Mines on order!

Jon Hackett
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Can anyone help me out?
I'm wondering can you use the card to wallet royal (link)
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=6858
to accomplish the casanova closer instead of the ***l**a wallet?

(casanova concept dvd is awesome:D)
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
I don't do this trick, but a friend of mine does, and I've seen him do it a number of times. It's absolutely killer. BTW, rather than trying to use circles, he uses triangles. Much easier!
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
This is something Ive only had for a short time and I love it. Just wanted to thank Steve if he's out there for allowing me to do such mind blowing magic. best trick Ive ever seen.

Also all the post have helped to offer a few new ideas to play with.

Cheers to all and man love to Steve
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW I bought this when it first came out, then being in the military got a little busy. This thread just made me go into my closet.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Just a heads-up, MJM and Big Blind Media both have a downloadable version of this for 99 cents right now. Well worth the investment!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Steve Haynes Casanova Concept (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL