The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Torn and restored newspaper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Howzaat
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
29 Posts

Profile of Howzaat
I know this isn't much of a street magic trick, but I wasn't sure which forum it should go under!

Does anyone know where I can purchase the torn and restored newspaper trick (in the UK?). Is it a trick though that can be done anyway with an ordinary newspaper?

Any help would be great!
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
The Gene Anderson torn and restored newspaper is a GREAT trick and can be purchased in manuscript form worldwide for fewer than 10 bucks US. It is probably the best version of the trick.

But, if you would like to do this on the street the “Tear no tear” newspaper can be done over and over without having to replace the paper and resets in a second or two. The downside is the paper is torn at the start and the pieces restored. The audience doesn’t see you tear the paper to begin with. If you can give a reason for this it is a very, very, strong trick.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Lewis Ganson's third Routined Manipulation book has a simple torn and restored newspaper by Al Koran. Apparently, Mr. Koran kept working on the effect through various versions (an earlier version appears in a previous Routined Manipulation Ganson book) until he had the simplest handling possible. It takes a couple minutes to set up. You need two papers. But it only uses a few sheets of each paper, so you could go through an entire newspaper as long as the pages match.
Using it on the street, though, I would be worried about the sun shinning through the paper and the wind.
Jim
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Bauer's Trade Show T/R Newspaper is the one that I have used on the street, easy set up (a little glue to make and the gimmick can be used over and over) and reset is less than 3 seconds. The last place I saw it was at Brad Burts shop, although I think MagicSmith carries it also. It can be done surrounded and all the pages can be show before and after the effect.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Koran's prevous cut and restored (ripped and restored?) newspaper used a gimmick. But this one I'm talking about just uses glue to set up the pocket.
Kid, no trouble with the sun or wind doing this on the street?
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Haven't had any problems yet, but then again the wind hasn't played that much of a factor. The city (Albuquerque) has a couple of free papers that they put out that work perfectly for it, just thick enough so that the sun doesn't shine through, but I use the "ads pages" to make the gimmick, all of the ink covers the glue real well. And in the routine the drop is maybe 3-4 inches and pretty much straight down right before the restoration so it pretty hard to miss the gimmick...knock on wood.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
hat trick
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of hat trick
I believe one of the best newspaper tears is by Karrell Fox. It's called "Final Edition" and is available from Magic, Inc. It sets up in seconds, uses no glue, no tape, no secret pockets, no metal gimmicks, etc. and the restored newspaper can be examined at the end of the routine because there's nothing to be found. Another good one is Pat Page's "Ten Second Paper Tear". That one is found in his "Big Book of Magic".
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Have used the no tear t and r newspaper but am always falling back on Pat Pages 10 second t and r.Takes 10 secs to set and uses no glue.
Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Torn and restored newspaper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL