The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holy Shoot! - Blackpool -Laws of Attraction!!!I (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I can't believe this secret is finally going to come out. I just had a long, long session with Shoot and he said he was going to finally release his Laws Of Attraction. I begged him not to, but he is planning to do a special DVD and one hour teach in to this method at Blackpool.

I believe he will limit it to about 100 people and that's still way too many to know this secret.

What is it? What if no one ever bent a spoon, key or coin before and then you suddenly got the idea? That's how revolutionary this is. He has fooled the best and they keep coming back for more.

Imagine you can make anything become magnetic. No gimmicks. No hidden stuff. No trick items. And you can do it anywhere, anytime and any place. You can do it naked.

I can't even describe my feelings the first time I saw this. I was at a Vegas restaurant and I was asking him about his various routines. He said, "magnetic coins." I said, "what?" He proceeded to take quarters from my slot earnings that were sitting on the table... AND MAGNETIZE THEM!!! They stuck together, came apart... it was freaky. Then he magnetized the dinnerware!!!

He can magnetize plastic! ANYTHING!!! I actually was begging him to charge an arm and a leg... I'm not kidding. I wanted him to charge $500 or more... and it would still be worth it.

Apparently he is going to charge $100 and that will include a signed, dated, numbered DVD that includes performance rights and will include a one hour workshop at Blackpool.

So only the guys going there are going to get a chance at this. I envy them.

I know this might sound like hype, but you have to believe me... it is a new concept, presentation, method, effect, etc. There's nothing like it.

Can you use it for mentalism? Imagine magnetizing a plastic straw and have that straw stop a watch!
Close up? Pick up spectator's change, watch, ring, whatever and suddenly magnetize it.

If I could curse on this forum I would... it's that good. Ask Dean Dill who has witnessed this. I'm sure he's going to try and convince Shoot to raise the price.

This is the kind of thinking and effect that he could easily sell to Criss, Blaine, etc for five figures and up. I tried to make him go that route, but he wants to share it with more than the big boys. I tried to make him just do about 25 and sell it for about $500, but he's sticking to his guns. I've got time so be prepared to hate me if I can convince him to sell it higher... or better yet, not give it away at all.

Oh, boy, this is killing me. I've kept this secret for awhile and now it will be out. Good luck to you guys at Blackpool getting into this. I guess you can write to him at http://www.holyshoot.com and ask if he is taking preorders or making reservations because once it sells out then that's it.

I know some of you guys must think I'm hyping this. Good. Don't go. Stay away. There's nothing to see here... unfortunately, there is. This is D-A-M-N good. TOO GOOD!

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Sounds incredible, you can literaly magnatise anything?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-02-09 09:32, magician 336 wrote:
Sounds incredible, you can literaly magnatise anything?

Put it this way, you can make anything appear to be magnetized. He takes your coins and they suddenly stick together. He can turn one coin around so the poles now repel and they do. He magnetizes forks, spoons, etc.

Remember, it's still a trick so what it appears to be is not what's really going on, but he sure does fool you. Think about what's really happening when we bend things, but how it appears to the untrained eye.

This is just completely unique in just about any way you can think about it. I've been privy to this for about six years now and actually liked keeping it under wraps, but it's going to come out now.

Like I said in the first post, I was blown away when he took my coins and proceeded to make the attract to each other. He practically made an abstract piece out of several coins. The he picked up the fork on the table and had it attract to the plastic pitcher of water!!! It's just plain weird!!!

Greg
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I was excited till I saw the black pool deal. Stopped reading after that. Hope someone enjoys it. It sounds good.
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
311 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
So.............the whole idea is a video introducing the concepts of mimicing the handling of magnetised items with sleight of hand? It's a DVD, so it's not selling any gimmick. And it seems evident that "no gimmicks" is part of the sell here.

So a combination of solid routining, core sleights and stress on improvisation of sleights(to make advantage of the specific properties of the object, if any)?
(If you are claiming to cause ANY object to become magnetised...then there should be no limitations to the shape of object.)

I would appreicate the new concept and the phase building included.
(how to sell the magnetic properties with phase progression)

The question is, is that what is being sold?

The other question is.....I could be wrong....but is the concept not new?
things like "invisible sewing thread" comes into mind....
or is it just that nobody beforehand had the concept systematically thought out published?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I had a feeling guys were going to start questioning this... go ahead. It's safe to say that all the pros that have seen this have marveled at all the various methods that Shoot has come up with to do this. It looks just plain real.

Once again, stop thinking like magicians... if you no one had ever bent anything before and then suddenly started doing it then everyone would want to know how this is being done... and you would end up finding out that the actual method is easy, but it's the presentation and the subtleties that make it.

So before this goes the way I think it might with all the attempts of trying to figure it out before it comes then I'll stop here.

To those that will see it and get it at Blackpool, well, have a lot of fun. I"d love to be there when you see it for the first time. I've seen many magicians and mentalists see Shoot do it for the first time and the look on their faces is priceless.

Have fun.

Greg
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Won't the DVD preclude having to go to go to Blackpool?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-02-10 09:59, Doug Higley wrote:
Won't the DVD preclude having to go to go to Blackpool?

It's only going to be sold at the Blackpool convention. It is, I believe, going to be a one time only exclusive and only shown there. I'm sure, and this is what will kill me, once someone buys the DVD there it will go around like wildfire. That's why I was trying to get him to raise the price. This is too precious to just give away and then have it illegally sold everywhere.

Greg
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Okay, I have to ask a favor. Shoot keeps getting emails from people trying to get Laws of Attraction without attending Blackpool. Please stop. It's not going to happen. This is an exclusive for that convention and it will be unfair to those attending it if it goes out first.

Why does this affect me? Well, Shoot does not have a complete handle on reading the English language so I get all those emails forwarded to me and then I have to explain it to him then write back to the person to tell them it's not possible.

So, it's not worth trying to get this DVD now or while not attending the convention. It's not going to happen at this time. In the future it might be released again, but at a higher price. This is a one time deal of a $100 but it is for the 100 who first sign for it at Blackpool.

Sorry, but those are the rules at the moment. As I said, it might come out again, but at a later date and at a higher price.

Thank you.

Greg
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Well I would love for it to be released in the future, even at a WAY higher price. Too bad I can't go to Blackpool!
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
danielellis_5
View Profile
Loyal user
Sheffield
211 Posts

Profile of danielellis_5
Im going to blackpool so I will definatly be looking at this.But I'm only there for saturday so it will probibly be sold out Smile oh wel I can hope.

Dan
Best quote from a spectator"I know how he did that,it was sleight of hand"(spectator then sits back looking pleased with himself)
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Dan, I don't know what day he's planning to do this because it also has to do with what kind of room or place he can get to do the teach-in.

Greg
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Oh god.. I'm jealous.. I'm a big fan of ogawa.. especially in coin magic.. he's one of the best.!!
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
938 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I heard that he did not do this teach-in...True?
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
668 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Anybody want to know the secret then let me know.
Bargain price 1000$
ok, I'm kidding
5000$ really.
Shoot was amazing at blackpool.
ok, I'm really kidding about the 5000$ too.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Unfortunately Shoot is the worst self-promoter on the planet. He doesn't understand how good he is. I heard he got 15 people to attend the private lecture. One professional stated at another site that he would have gladly paid five times as much for this material. He went away really happy and said he's now going to put in the practice to make this something he will use.
If any other magician, like a Sankey or a Greg Wilson, had done this I'm sure it would have been the talk of the convention because they would have done the right thing and show it off here and there until a buzz starts.
So, Jimesw, were you one of the lucky 15 to see this in action?

greg
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Okay, to all those that have asked I have bad and good news.

The good news is that Shoot will eventually put this out again. The bad news is that he will wait about six months to be fair to the guys that bought it at Blackpool.

Also, a warning, when it does come out again expect a higher price... even much higher. This will probably become something you will see people bidding high on EBay. I'm not kidding. It's that good.

So just wait it out and he will do it again.

Greg
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Shoot only charged us £50 for the workshop and DVD on the day. This is peanuts compared to the secrets he shared. The payment also covers the rights to use it on TV.

I hope this one doesn't go on general release in 6 months time, although I suspect it will leak anyway, or that MM will produce a DVD with inferior methods.

I'm sure those that attended will keep it close to their chest. I hope so.
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
I will wait for that.. his work always amazed me =)
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Andi, I do hope it stays with those who bought it until Shoot decides to put it out again. I consider it a precious secret to keep. It's just amazing.

Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holy Shoot! - Blackpool -Laws of Attraction!!!I (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL